• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheExodu5

Banned
IGN Prime continues to be totally worth it. Got Choplifter HD and Qube for free, this week. No Time To Explain, Hacker Evolution Duality, and Crusader Kings also being given out later this week.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
I'm tempted.

Are they steam codes?

Choplifter HD and Q.U.B.E have been so far and I suspect the others will be too.

They currently offer a year sub for 30$ and I feel like after this week it will already be worth it. And I guess E3 and Christmas at least will get us a lot more free extra games.

Choplifter HD and Q.U.B.E have been so far and I suspect the others will be too.

They currently offer a year sub for 30$ and I feel like after this week it will already be worth it. And I guess E3 and Christmas at least will get us a lot more free extra games.

... hmm. Must try and resist. Must try. Try. ... $30=£19.... hmmm

1-D_FTW

Love Rochard, but I'm done with the game. I'm at a section with those stupid lasers and box stacking. And the physics are just too crap for my joystick abilities. Died about 20 times last week. Just came back to it and same thing. Something just always happens that I don't want to do. Guess they had to go "hardcore" to ramp up for the ending. Whatever. Enjoyed what I played. Now it's crossed off the backlog list.

eneko

IGN Prime continues to be totally worth it. Got Choplifter HD and Qube for free, this week. No Time To Explain, Hacker Evolution Duality, and Crusader Kings also being given out later this week.

I keep getting free stuff even though I'm no longer subscribed :S

Aselith

Look at these Sims pack on the Top sellers.

smh.
sims-pets-haters-gonna-hate.jpg

Lulubop

I bought the Sims 3 on D2D awhile back, maybe I'll pick up some dlc if I can register it on origin.

Is Two Worlds 2 worth 15 bucks?

The_End

I bought the Sims 3 on D2D awhile back, maybe I'll pick up some dlc if I can register it on origin.

Is Two Worlds 2 worth 15 bucks?

I don't think you can activate any of the Sims 3 expansions on your account unless you have the base game through Steam. And I don't think you can get the key you need to register the games/expansions on Origin unless you've activated the games on your account.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I don't think you can activate any of the Sims 3 expansions on your account unless you have the base game through Steam. And I don't think you can get the key you need to register the games/expansions on Origin unless you've activated the games on your account.

IIRC all Sims 3 and expansions and packs can be activated in Origin, you just need to have an account.

IIRC all Sims 3 and expansions and packs can be activated in Origin, you just need to have an account.

Yeah but you can't buy expansions on steam unless you have the base game. I'm sure it's a safegaurd (so you don't buy something you can't use), but in this instance it kind of hurts the consumer. At least that's what I think he's talking about.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah but you can't buy expansions on steam unless you have the base game. I'm sure it's a safegaurd (so you don't buy something you can't use), but in this instance it kind of hurts the consumer. At least that's what I think he's talking about.

Ahh yeah, that. Didn't know about that.

Kinda sucks that the Steam version of expansions cannot work with retail/Origin versions.

Solo Act

I just purchased and downloaded MLB 2k12, but there's no tile in the grid view. I mean, there's a tile, but not with an image, just a small icon within the tile. Is this a glitch or something?

To be clear, the game runs fine. The icon is really ugly and broken looking though. What's the fix for this?

MRORANGE

I just purchased and downloaded MLB 2k12, but there's no tile in the grid view. I mean, there's a tile, but not with an image, just a small icon within the tile. Is this a glitch or something?

To be clear, the game runs fine. The icon is really ugly and broken looking though. What's the fix for this?

The game have no no cover art, raise this issue in the steam forums or contact the developers directly.

benjipwns

Banned

Wait for it. 2K isn't the best at PC support, but if the last two NBA games are any indication they'll get it up eventually.

Dambrosi

Banned

Ah, and my IGN Prime trial had to expire just as I went to redeem them.

Seriously tempted to do a three-month sub for now, Q.U.B.E. would pay for it by itself.

Though...they'll still be available on Prime next week (Rochard and King Arthur were, KA still is), so no rush, right?

Is football manager good?

Also what's today's daily?

It's life and soul sucking, to me it goes from being boring to being the most addicting thing ever depending on mood and I'm not even that big a football fan.

I honestly spend more time in the editor then properly playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom