• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_End

It feels like I've been waiting for this for months, or something. I'll buy it at a high price! (well, percentage-wise)

Walrus_plays_saxophone.gif

That might be in the top 5 gifs that I've ever seen. LOL

jkoch

And yet, I still see people on the trading forum asking for it. Every time I see it, I shake my head and ask to myself, how can you not own this game already?

I don't own it. I like the idea of loot and RPG elements, but don't like first person games much in general. I always think about buying whenever it goes on sale, but haven't pulled the trigger.

Sober

2k sale for 4 days? So we have Borderlands, what's left?

Bioshock, Civ (or all Sid Meier), Mafia ... DNF too I guess? Drawing blanks here.

Reign of Thunder was added to the registry. It's a F2P Mech title by Day 1 Studios and I guess it's a spiritual successor to their own MechAssault titles.

Prototype has stayed so expensive... kind of odd for such a lackluster game.

Nothing lackluster about it in my opinion. Worth the $15.

Anyway, bought-

Stronghold Collection - $10
Railroad Tycoon Collection (Includes Sid Meier's Railroads) - $7.50

Doubt they'll get any cheaper.

Nothing lackluster about it in my opinion. Worth the $15.

Anyway, bought-

Stronghold Collection - $10
Railroad Tycoon Collection (Includes Sid Meier's Railroads) - $7.50

Doubt they'll get any cheaper.

With stronghold 3 I wouldn't be suprised if there was a series sale one of the days.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Damn, Sid Meier's Railroads is not available in my region =/

Runs fine for me on 64 bit W7.

Not sure if this is the right place, but Football Manager 2012 is $5.99 on Amazon, and it's Steamworks.

Yeah been looking for someone who would buy it for me (to which I'll pay it in paypal) or would trade it for Renegade Ops + DLC

DirtRiver

What's the likelihood of Civilization V going lower than the GMG sale?

Been wanting to buy it for a while and don't know whether to buy it right now from GreenManGaming or wait 3 days too see if Steam goes any lower. But then again they might not and then I'll lose GMG's sale..

Man, some first world problems I have...

Edit: And yes Sid Meier's Pirates runs fine on Windows 7. Still install it and play it from time to time. That game's fun.

lfvgt

Neo Member
A 2K Games sale right after they decided to decrease the price of their games on South America? Hell yeah Borderlands for $3.75 (GOTY edition is $5.61). Darkness 2 for $28, fantastic.

I'm totally walrus.gif right now.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
eh, I'll wait for the Stronghold collection to be 75% off during the summer. (it is possible is it not?)

MRORANGE

Sims 3 yes or no? (deals expire in an hour)

this is coming from a guy who has never played Sims 3 is it worth playing just for the experience? or is it one of those games I can just ignore and move on?

this is coming from a guy who has never played Sims 3 is it worth playing just for the experience? or is it one of those games I can just ignore and move on?

I just played an hour and a half of it. All I did was try to seduce all the married ladies in my town to try and get them to my house so I could trap them in this large garage I built full of flammable objects to make them pay for their sins.

I haven't gotten to get them all over for a party phase yet, but I had fun just being evil and building the giant death room, and making my guy socially awkward as hell (he wears a helmet all the time and plaid robes with army print shorts, hes pretty cool).

It seems like it could be really cool if you just go the two extremes: complete dollhouse, or crazy sandboxy playground.

I'm sure someone knows more about it than I do. Also this (seriously read this, hilarious stuff) sold me on it years ago, and I had been waiting for it all this time, so I was super excited about it.

kafiend

My games usually degenerate into trying to breed mutants, conducting lesbian relations with everyone in the town, attempting to destroy all marriages, encasing the worst cook I can find into a doorless room with an oven and fridge, sending Sims off for a swim and then selling the ladder to get out of the pool, encasing neighbor sims inside doorless rooms and not letting any Sims have toilets.

But in answer to your question - Yes the Sims torture simulator 3 is a lot of fun

MRORANGE

I just played an hour and a half of it. All I did was try to seduce all the married ladies in my town to try and get them to my house so I could trap them in this large garage I built full of flammable objects to make them pay for their sins.

I haven't gotten to get them all over for a party phase yet, but I had fun just being evil and building the giant death room, and making my guy socially awkward as hell (he wears a helmet all the time and plaid robes with army print shorts, hes pretty cool).

It seems like it could be really cool if you just go the two extremes: complete dollhouse, or crazy sandboxy playground.

I'm sure someone knows more about it than I do. Also this (seriously read this, hilarious stuff) sold me on it years ago, and I had been waiting for it all this time, so I was super excited about it.

Not sure but I caved today and bought Sims 3 :(

My games usually degenerate into trying to breed mutants, conducting lesbian relations with everyone in the town, attempting to destroy all marriages, encasing the worst cook I can find into a doorless room with an oven and fridge, sending Sims off for a swim and then selling the ladder to get out of the pool, encasing neighbor sims inside doorless rooms and not letting any Sims have toilets.

But in answer to your question - Yes the Sims torture simulator 3 is a lot of fun

why am I getting "Evil Genius" vibes from this, heck I'll buy it.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
That's how I feel. For some reason those games seem very appealing and boring as fuck at the same time.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Screw it, bought The Sims 3 since the deal ends in just a few minutes. I sunk hundreds of hours into The Sims 1 back in the day, but I haven't touched the series in several years. Virtual sadism never gets old so I think I'll have some fun with it.

Madridy

That sure would be nice. I have a feeling that TAGES will die far sooner than Valve and we'll be stuck with useless games.

They are going to remove TAGES from Risen. Piranha mentioned that they've already provided Valve the patch a week or two ago. I'll re-install Risen to verify, been meaning to replay that game.

So it seems Piranha Bytes have indeed removed TAGES DRM from Risen. There is a couple people on steam forums confirming this. One guy says that he uninstalled the Tages drivers and the game started normally, while the other guy did a fresh install for the game and steam installed Tages but when he started the game it didn't connect him to the Tages servers to activate his copy. I too uninstalled the Tages drivers and my game started normally.

So while the game still installs the Tages drivers with the game, it doesn't use them for anything. Enjoy your DRM-free Risen people! :D

MRORANGE

Played some Dead Horde seemed ok but it gets a bit boring after a while, anyway posted my thoughts considering it's going to be in a bundle soon.
(thanks to Xeno_Flux2113 for gifting it)

Pro's

- nice physics engine
- local & online co-op with voice chat
- the zombies move very fast, same speed as you.
- nice level-up system for your weapons
- vehicle sections where you can mow down zombies

Con's
- loud techno music every time a hoard comes' (it's fucking awful)
- game looks very bland, turns into a snoozefest if your just playing by yourself (this is probably the biggest problem)
- you need to kill every zombie before moving ahead, this doesn't help as you may have missed one right at the start
- your main weapons has unlimited ammo and your stuck with it for a while.
- graphics not the best but everything is just muddy brown/grass textures which doesnt help, feels like your tredding the same ground again

gP9tz.jpg

Relax.MX

Anybody have some tips for starting with Dota 2? I got an invite and I have no idea what I'm doing. I've only played dota a few years ago with my roommate, and I didn't really learn it. I don't want to ruin a bunch of people's games trying to figure it out, it takes like 5 minutes just to get a group matched!

Maybe i dont have enough time to learn all about this game but I try like you(13 hr) and really the Dota 2 community sucks, ¿my advice? play with '"good" gaf people...

NOTE: DOTA Noob here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom