• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh it's more of a sim than a sports game, silly Steam.

EDIT: Amazon's download stuff only works in US =/

Where's that thread that's about regional gifting?

I just noticed that they've changed the layout of the games list in our profiles. Instead of showing a list of everything you own, you now only see 10 and have to click 'Next 10' to cycle through them.

EDIT: Amazon's download stuff only works in US =/

I just used the address/phone number for the Alaska state capitol building to buy FM2012. I hope Amazon and/or the US GOV don't send their highly-trained ninjas after me.

MNC

So, is The Missing Link worth it for 2.75€?

Super cheap for a pretty long mission (4-5 hours?) I haven't completed it yet, but it's very hefty.

Think this. Saints Row extra weapon is 1€ or so. An entire extra mission for Deus Ex is 2.75€. Great value.

Seronei

Just got Football Manager 2012 gifted to me but for some reason it refuses to show up in my game list. I've tried google but I haven't found any solution that works, does anyone know why/how to fix it?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs (currently on Vita only) is coming to PC and Mac and will apparently be on Steam as this article mentions Steam achievements. It's a pretty fun game, too.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/03/07/tales-from-space-mutant-blobs-attack-moving-from-vita-to-pc/

Excellent, was one of the top games on my Vita to-buy list, and I probably won't pick up a Vita until Christmas or next year, so I'll get to play it regardless!

I will say this, as gimmicky as some may think the touch and gyros are, they work excellent for Blobs Attack. That's a big part of some of the levels which hooked me. But at least the game play stays fresh and keeps throwing newer game play perks at you instead of establishing something early on and sticking to it.

You really should buy this on Vita. It's one of the big surprises of the launch. The PSN ratings have gone from the upper 500's to lower 7's to a little over 900 a few days back. Word of mouth seems to be helping this one and rightfully so.

That being said, I will double dip on this.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't remember the last time I was able to opt-in to a Steam client beta and not have it freeze constantly.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I can't remember the last time I was able to opt-in to a Steam client beta and not have it freeze constantly.

I thought I was the only one but damn, it's annoying. I opt in at times and it never fails. I think I'm in right now and Steam is less responsive too. It takes like 2 right clicks every time, without fault, to bring up my friends list when it doesn't open automatically.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I thought I was the only one but damn, it's annoying. I opt in at times and it never fails. I think I'm in right now and Steam is less responsive too. It takes like 2 right clicks every time, without fault, to bring up my friends list when it doesn't open automatically.

I don't know if these are the only issues I have, but what I've noticed is that Steam tends to freeze when downloading/updating/verifying data. Converting a game to the new format? Freeze. Verifying cache? Freeze. Resuming a download? Freeze. I don't experience any of these issues when the final version is rolled out, it's just the betas my PC isn't fond of.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What was that GAF thread again for gifting cross-regional games?

I just used the address/phone number for the Alaska state capitol building to buy FM2012. I hope Amazon and/or the US GOV don't send their highly-trained ninjas after me.

I thought it uses your card's address.

Madridy

Any one else got the Risen update(s)? I think it was two updates, the 2nd one was 228MB in size which is pretty big. Hopefully they removed the Tages DRM, or maybe it is related to Risen 2?

epmode

Any one else got the Risen update(s)? I think it was two updates, the 2nd one was 228MB in size which is pretty big. Hopefully they removed the Tages DRM, or maybe it is related to Risen 2?
That sure would be nice. I have a feeling that TAGES will die far sooner than Valve and we'll be stuck with useless games.

MRORANGE

Prototype was cheaper during the winter sale.

Man, no one in that other thread? =/

give it a few hours, you could also try the amazon sale thread if anyone there is willing to help out.

2K weekend (50% off everything, daily deal as well)

Borderlands 75% off

They are going to remove TAGES from Risen. Piranha mentioned that they've already provided Valve the patch a week or two ago. I'll re-install Risen to verify, been meaning to replay that game.

HoosTrax

It seems like Borderlands is on sale at least once every month. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the most commonly owned non-Valve, non-F2P game on Steam by now, other than maybe Torchlight.

Anyways, I'm hoping for a good discount on Civ V: GOTY. I saw that sale on GMG for the base game, but there's not much discount on the GOTY version. If Steam has a Civ V day with a 75% discount ($12.50 I think?), I'll bite.

mrgone

Wizorb got added to the registry.

It feels like I've been waiting for this for months, or something. I'll buy it at a high price! (well, percentage-wise)

They are going to remove TAGES from Risen. Piranha mentioned that they've already provided Valve the patch a week or two ago. I'll re-install Risen to verify, been meaning to replay that game.
Walrus_plays_saxophone.gif

Ceebs

I just want to say Stacking is so good. You should all buy it. It has made me forget all about Mass Effect 3 that I am halfway through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom