• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought the Hector games, but what sort of weird resolution do they run at in windowed mode? Seemed that whatever resolution I chose from the list, the window would have black bars either at the top and bottom, or at the sides, depending on the resolution. There didn't seem to be a setting that would just show the window without bars.

Same problem here, guess I'll have to get used to it or play windowed.

linko9

Is the "see all specials" feature broken for everyone? The first page is fine, but when you go to page 2, it just shows you page two of All the game that exist, not page 2 of the games that are on sale. Anyone know a reliable way to see a list of all the games that are currently on sale?

The_End

Is the "see all specials" feature broken for everyone? The first page is fine, but when you go to page 2, it just shows you page two of All the game that exist, not page 2 of the games that are on sale. Anyone know a reliable way to see a list of all the games that are currently on sale?

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing.

Nabs

Steam Workshop Announced For Gettysburg: Armored Warfare

Paradox Interactive and Radioactive Software today announced that it will support the mod community with its forthcoming Real-Time Strategy game, Gettysburg: Armored Warfare, providing an editor with a full toolset and integrated sharing via the Steam Workshop.

Gettysburg: Armored Warfare is a hybrid multiplayer Third-Person Shooter/Real-Time Strategy game that brings fast paced action to the PC in an alternative reality version of the American Civil War. It's scheduled to launch soon, exclusively on Steam.

You can read the full announcement and learn more about Gettysburg: Armored Warfare over on the Paradox Interactive site.

Join the Official Steam Workshop Group for the latest news and announcements about the Steam Workshop.

Blizzard

Banned
Are there any other opinions about the Hector episodes besides the "really bad and not funny..." one? :p It does look a bit funny.

Are there any other opinions about the Hector episodes besides the "really bad and not funny..." one? :p It does look a bit funny.

Put me in the camp that thinks it sucks, and I've played Dead Mountaineers Hotel, which I would consider to be better and funnier (though not intentionally.)

Joe Molotov

Oh lala, what's the new way to scam them?

If you signed up for a free prime trial a while back, you got a 15% off everything FOREVER discount for GamersGate, that continues to work even if you're not a Prime member anymore.

Is this game still hopelessly broken (mechanically) or have they actually made it playable yet?

I dunno, but I notice a huge patch being released for it practically every week, so at least they're trying.

cluto

So why doesn't Steam have a price alert thing that will email me when a game I want drops in price? Seems like a good idea if you ask me.

oipic

So why doesn't Steam have a price alert thing that will email me when a game I want drops in price? Seems like a good idea if you ask me.

steamprices.com can do just that - I think you need to go through and individually mark each game you want to be notified about, though (monitoring of ones's wishlist would be a handy feature).

Xanathus

I'm more concerned we still have to do the Alt Tab trick to download while playing a game.

I'm also annoyed that they still haven't implemented something as simple as a download speed limiter. Can't they just sic an intern on that as a learning task?

Silex

Today Valve decided to finally give me something good, and I got CS:GO in my inventory. :D
Not sure what should I do with it though...
I have an item called "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta Gift". Does anyone know if I'll receive another invite (or even 2, like with Dota) if I'll redeem it?

Today Valve decided to finally give me something good, and I got CS:GO in my inventory. :D
I have an item called "Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Beta Gift". Does anyone know if I'll receive another invite (or even 2, like with Dota) if I'll redeem it?

No, you don't. You also have one CS:GB in your game library, so you cannot redeem it yourself. And if you send it to somebody else that person will not receive an extra invite.

MNC

You should test it and give it to me.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Do I want Mafia II for €9.99? I really don't know. I played, and loved, the first one, but I've heard pretty bad things about the sequel (of which I've only played the demo).

My brother still hasn't been able to play Bioshock 2 because of all the problems with GFWL. Worst birthday present I have ever gifted to someone.

Speevy

Banned
Okay, this logo is just cruel

logo_jasf.png

0_display.jpg

JADS

Kinda weird how Bioshocks 2 DLC can't be purchased through Steam, Minevera's Den is worth it. Thank god 2K has ditched GFWL for Infinite.

Well, the game takes forever to update, he hasn't been able to login to his GFWL account which made him reinstall GFWL a lot of times without any positive results, and when he finally made it to the game (in offline mode I believe) it crashes :(

That's so weird, did he contacted MS Support?

mrgone

So Reaxxion is kind of a mess on my system(the demo anyways). I just get a bunch of "Access Violation" errors when I try to load it, and the workarounds I've found don't seem possible with the Steam version. Definitely try this one before you buy it.

mrgone

Ergh. PC Borderlands uses Gamespy. Seems awkward to find and host games.

Yeah, aside from the weirdly slapped-on PC controls Gamespy is pretty much the worst thing they did to this game. If I could go back in time the first thing I would do is kill Hitler, but the second thing I would do would be to prevent Gamespy from becoming an online gaming platform. Priorities!

edit: After a moment of reflection Gamespy was definitely the worst thing they did to the game. You can still do most everything without issue despite their decisions about the controls. The game's so pointedly designed for co-op, though, that breaking that part was the greatest offense.

epmode

I still kind of resent Randy Pitchford for talking about how the PC port of Borderlands was getting SPECIAL ATTENTION. It won't feel like a console port at all! Yuck.

Kinda weird how Bioshocks 2 DLC can't be purchased through Steam, Minevera's Den is worth it. Thank god 2K has ditched GFWL for Infinite.
This is quite funny, the DLC is double the price of the whole game and it's only 1-2 hours in length. I don't have a problem with GFWL, but it is silly that the DLC isn't available on Steam. Same deal with the first Section 8, I paid $2.50 for the game then $6 or something for the DLC because it was only available on the GFWL marketplace. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom