• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
But don't you want to go to where the grass is green and the girls are pretty?

nyuKX.png

I'm just so tired

You can disable all of those songs. You have to do it manually for each one, but you can.

However, I would ask the same question regarding racing the same 5 boring routes ad infinitum to unlock new licenses/cars.

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to disable the song from playing over the whole start-up sequence, including title screen and the obnoxiously long social integration web-page. That's what really becomes the problem: you hear the same 20 seconds of the song every single time to start the game. It's maddening.

HoosTrax

I think my local rock station's unnatural fetish for that song has gotten me accustomed to hearing it over and over again. Anyways, I'm sold -- DLC weirdness aside, it's only $5 for what sounds like a solid game otherwise.

MRORANGE

Orcs Must Die! : amazingly fun, it's a fast paced version of Dungeon Defenders without the co-op, loot or having to grind to get anywhere decent.

Burnout Paradise : fantastic game, one of the best racers of this generation, it works with all my gamepads and my thrustmaster wheel with feedback.

you really do need both.

still have not played LA Noire, even though I bought it in a sale.

bigace33

By the way, I think I'll take Burnout even though I had it on my now defunct 360, is it a good port though?
It looks pretty good, and plays about like the console versions. You have to tweak the controls to work with a controller, ie it doesn't automatically recognize the 360 controller.

The_End

nyuKX.png

I'm just so tired

As far as I'm aware, there is no way to disable the song from playing over the whole start-up sequence, including title screen and the obnoxiously long social integration web-page. That's what really becomes the problem: you hear the same 20 seconds of the song every single time to start the game. It's maddening.

Do you have the steam version of the game? If so, do you you have it installed? If the answer is yes again, could you check the game file folder to see if there is a file for GnR's Paradise City in there? If it's yes again, try replacing the file with another song and see if that works.

If this is possible, I might buy the game. Otherwise I'll pass.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Do you have the steam version of the game? If so, do you you have it installed? If the answer is yes again, could you check the game file folder to see if there is a file for GnR's Paradise City in there? If it's yes again, try replacing the file with another song and see if that works.

Can't do it. It's funny how I cost a game I enjoyed a sale.

Wok

Dead Horde will be on the Indie Face Kick with other some cool games!

True, yet remember we don't know the price of the bundle yet.

Exactly, so does it really worth buy Dead Horde? :/

If the bundle is ten bucks and you only want that game? Then yes, yes it is.

Well, it seems Indie Face Kick would be sold at $10. The preorder would start at $8 within the next 24 hours.

zkylon

zkylewd

Are you for real? You're not gonna buy a game you can potentially play for hours over a 20 second intro (of an awesome song, what's more).

The_End

Are you for real? You're not gonna buy a game you can potentially play for hours over a 20 second intro (of an awesome song, what's more).

I'm completely for real. I simply hate GnR. I hate them with a white-hot passion so intense that if science could somehow find a way of harnessing that hatred, they might be able to convert it into a new energy source that would fill mankind's energy needs for the next 1000 years.

I'm completely for real. I simply hate GnR. I hate them with a white-hot passion so intense that if science could somehow find a way of harnessing that hatred, they might be able convert it into a new energy source that would fill mankind's energy needs for the next 1000 years.

There's one ghetto fix apparently. Not sure if it works.

Burnout Paradise is the worst Burnout game, anyway. Good, but nowhere near as great as the previous ones. Open world killed it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I'm completely for real. I simply hate GnR. I hate them with a white-hot passion so intense that if science could somehow find a way of harnessing that hatred, they might be able convert it into a new energy source that would fill mankind's energy needs for the next 1000 years.
Damn shame, if you ask me.

Orcs Must Die! : amazingly fun, it's a fast paced version of Dungeon Defenders without the co-op, loot or having to grind to get anywhere decent.

Burnout Paradise : fantastic game, one of the best racers of this generation, it works with all my gamepads and my thrustmaster wheel with feedback.

you really do need both.
still have not played LA Noire, even though I bought it in a sale.

Don't tell me this... Although I do have Orcs, so half the battle and whatnot.

Figures LA Noire goes on sale after my coupon expired.

For Burnout Paradise, is it possible to get the extra cars like the Ecto-1 and Delorean?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I loved Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge. I wanted to like Burnout Paradise but it just never clicked for some reason. I think that something about the design removed the tension that made the previous entries so memorable. I originally blamed the open world. And then Driver: San Fran comes along and I had a blast with it. Go figure.

Still, I got my $5 worth. Can't really go wrong at that price.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's not working for me either, but that would be a great deal lol. I'm guessing it's supposed to be around ten bucks, not two fitty. I'm kind of tempted to buy it at the 'real' price but who knows when I'll get around to playing it.

NIN90

Would it be possible to simply create a new account with a Ukraine address to get the deal? You know, like people do to get around Amazon's restriction against selling DD games outside of the US.

Or would steam know that i was actually in the US?

They check IPs. Using a VPN could work tho.

Firehead

Would it be possible to simply create a new account with a Ukraine address to get the deal? You know, like people do to get around Amazon's restriction against selling DD games outside of the US.

I believe people have been banned from Steam for creating separate accounts and using a VPN to access Steam under a different country's IP to gift themselves games like that.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom

I think Valve frown upon that kind of thing. I wouldn't take that risk for LA Noire.

Dipswitch

Christ, are people really will to jump through all those hoops to get a mediocre game for $2.50? You do realize this will probably be $5 during the summer sale, right? How much is your time worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom