• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Thanks to everyone for entering, chose two winners at the end

Winners are:

burnoutcontest.jpg

Burnout. Picture is what I will do as soon as it loads.

Congrats you get Burnout Paradise.

lv1WE.png

Edit: Would like Orcs Must Die.

Congrats you get Orcs Must Die.

ShaneB

Burnout Paradise is staring at me to double dip. I put in 100+ hours on my 360 copy. I'm not sure I'd play it THAT much again, but it just seems like a great pick up and play game when bored.

I'll be buying Wizorb today at least. Yay.

I got a strange email from Steam support

Steam account - Query account by email address

Dear Steam User,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this email address.

Steam account name: <my account name>

You can use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Retrieve lost account" button on the Steam login screen.

The Steam Support Team
http://www.steampowered.com

It doesn't ask me to login or anything and it seems to come from a legit source. I didn't make that query though, so I'm wondering who would even try it. And why does Steam let people discover account names associated with email accounts?

Should I contact Steam support about this?

I got a strange email from Steam support

It doesn't ask me to login or anything and it seems to come from a legit source. I didn't make that query though, so I'm wondering who would even try it. And why does Steam let people discover account names associated with email accounts?

Should I contact Steam support about this?

Might be time to change your Steam AND email passwords and make them different if you haven't already.

Little give-away:

chance to win a game, a choice of : Orcs Must Die! or Burnout Paradise

just use paint to draw some orcs or some cars... or orcs in cars - whatever floats your boat, also tell me what game you want.

winner chosen in 12 hours, (quote your damn image if it's too big, or just leave a url link)

Sorry, the thread its weird some times go fast some times slow. Since i saw so few messages i thought it was a recent post.
Highly unlikely indeed.
Yea, i didn't see the time so my apologies.

If you forget your account name.

Yea that makes sense. As long as the username only goes to the registered email address and isn't shown publicly, it's all good.

Might be time to change your Steam AND email passwords and make them different if you haven't already.

Done and done. Plus Steam Guard has been enabled all this time so that's an extra layer of security. I just find it odd that someone would try this though.

Javaman

Majesty 2 is a fun little game. If you liked the city building portion in SNES Actraiser 1 you'll probably like this. You don't have direct control over the villagers when sending them scouting or attacking, but you can influence their actions by offering money rewards for doing the deeds.

Sports Interactive &#8207; @SI_games

Over the coming weeks, @milessi & @si_games will be giving away 100 codes giving 50% off #FM12 @steam_games on a "first use wins" basis

Is this the first time a dev has dished out discount coupons?

The_End

Majesty 2 is a fun little game. If you liked the city building portion in SNES Actraiser 1 you'll probably like this. You don't have direct control over the villagers when sending them scouting or attacking, but you can influence their actions by offering money rewards for doing the deeds.

I'm kinda interested in picking this up now. According to Steamprices, this is the lowest that it's ever been on Steam. Just wish there was a demo for it.

I think I'll go see if I can find some game play videos on youtube. I still have almost a day to make up my mind.

Zimbardo

http://impulsedriven.com/explore/games/special

Impule has a March Madness sale going on with deals of up to 75% off.

there's a couple things on there that might be of interest. for example ...

The Darkness 2 = $24 (registers on Steam)
Alice Madness Returns = $8.99 (registers on Origin)

i'm not a huge fan of that site ...but just throwing that out there incase someone was interested in something there.

indie facekick up for preorder (save 20% if you do)

8 great games: Booster Trooper, Dead Horde, Sol Survivor, Avencast, Runespell, Still Life 2, PAM and Greed Black Border at a low cost. $8 if you preorder.

http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/

I think this is the first time I've never owned any of the games in one of these bundles. Yay.

Goddammit, no google checkout? Just paypal...

Maybe I won't get it.

Also that trailer is laughably bad. Cranberries techno remix that just screams nineties + possibly the worst footage they could find of the games.

RiverBed

Banned
Steam question: I'll be off Steam for little while, so I gave my log-in info to a friend in the meantime so he can play my games. He lives on another continent. I already did that, and he is playing happily. Will this affect my account in any way (ala PS3 5 download limit, or something like that?)

Thanks.

MRORANGE

Steam question: I'll be off Steam for little while, so I gave my log-in info to a friend in the meantime so he can play my games. He lives on another continent. I already did that, and he is playing happily. Will this affect my account in any way (ala PS3 5 download limit, or something like that?)

Thanks.

How well do you know this guy? that's probably the more important question.

Things that could happen:
vac banned
getting your account suspended
losing your items in tf2, portal any other f2p game
charges on your account if CC is saved to account
your password being changed.

Nabs

Dungeon Defenders Free Weekend coming up. Everyone should already own this.

I remember playing the demo of this game years ago. I liked it, but I totally forgot about buying it. Nice that it's come to Steam.

Yeah, I played a bit of the demo and liked what I played. I was kind of surprised it never got any Steam love. Glad to see it get a shot. I'm guessing it has something to do with his new game The Iconoclasts.

XSEED planning to bring games to Steam starting with the Ys series. Ys: The Oath in Felghana coming March 19 for $14.99 with steam cloud and achievements.
http://www.shacknews.com/article/72860/xseed-starts-steam-releases-with-ys-series
"People have been asking for Falcom's great catalog of PC games to be officially made available in English for a long time," XSEED president Jun Iwasaki said in the announcement. "To start our new publishing arrangement on Steam with two standout entries from Falcom's action-based Ys series, one of which has never been made available in English before, is an ideal situation for us, and we are excited about the future possibilities."

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
indie facekick up for preorder (save 20% if you do)

8 great games: Booster Trooper, Dead Horde, Sol Survivor, Avencast, Runespell, Still Life 2, PAM and Greed Black Border at a low cost. $8 if you preorder.

http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/

Sol Survivor is a really nice tower defense game, my fav one after Defence Grid...

it's also the only game besides Runespell that i own from this bundle, any opinions on the other ones?

XSEED planning to bring games to Steam starting with the Ys series. Ys: The Oath in Felghana coming March 19 for $14.99 with steam cloud and achievements.
http://www.shacknews.com/article/72860/xseed-starts-steam-releases-with-ys-series

Nice, I think I actually got that free somehow but couldn't play it. Anyway, seems like Carpe Fulgur has shown that these games can be profitable on Steam, so hopefully the gates will start opening more and more.

I wish Vic would get on the bandwagon, but he seems content trying to get old games on PSN and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom