• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Honestly, I wish they'd kind of pull back on the indie bundles. I lose track of them so easily. They should be a once a year kind of thing.

The Humble Indie bundle could be released any time soon.

I expect the next Indie Royale to be released three days after the blind-preorder announcement, as they did for the past two bundles, so on Thursday 15th March.

There is the mysterious Indie Face Kick bundle, with still no release date.

The Indie Underdog pack will be up in about 35 hours.

I bought Stacking yesterday and I can't help but recommend this game. The humor is completely on point along with the art style and the mechanics are just brilliant. Having multiple solutions to one problem is something I've been calling for when it came to point and click adventures(I know stacking isn't a strict PNC). I'm really stoked to see what Double Fine has in mind for their Kickstarter project and also the eventual Ron Gilbert game..

Nabs

All Zombies Must Die! - $7.99 (-20%)
header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/204140/

I bought Stacking yesterday and I can't help but recommend this game. The humor is completely on point along with the art style and the mechanics are just brilliant. Having multiple solutions to one problem is something I've been calling for when it came to point and click adventures(I know stacking isn't a strict PNC). I'm really stoked to see what Double Fine has in mind for their Kickstarter project and also the eventual Ron Gilbert game..

I'm loving it as well. I gotta thank morningbus for pushing me over the edge with his impressions. It's tough when there's no demo available.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I'm loving it as well. I gotta thank morningbus for pushing me over the edge with his impressions. It's tough when there's no demo available.
The problem is that it looks exactly like several other games that totally suck.

bigace33

My saga with ME1 continues - how can I get ME1 BdtS DLC? Also need to contact Origin support to get this fixed?
Just send EA support an email detailing your problem, and they will send you a new exe and download code. The old ones do not work anymore. I didn't even have to show proof that I actually bought the game or anything, I told them I bought it off steam and thought the code was automatically in the game, and they promptly sent me a code.

Blizzard

Banned
The problem is that it looks exactly like several other games that totally suck.
Pardon my ignorance, but are we talking about Stacking? Not only did the screenshots look to me like the graphics were clean and had a pleasant style, but I literally cannot think of ANY other Russian doll gameplay games. What several games am I ignorant of? :p

Wok

So enlighten me folks, how come every game doesn't appear on the coming soon list? Why is it apparently random.

Marketing. If you don't expect it, then you are subject to instant-buy: "OMG, Stacking is on sale with 33% discount, I didn't expect it to come to PC, I have to buy it now!"

Blizzard

Banned
Huh what??

Anyway, after checking things, turns out I already had a copy of the game on Steam lol... Had no idea I ever bought that.

Oh well, yay!
This will happen to you more often the longer you use Steam. "Special Babylon limited edition DLC for Civ V, I guess I'll throw money at that...YOU ALREADY OWN THIS"

Wok

New Indie Royale up for pre order. The games are:

- Explosive first-person shooter with a future-leaning setting, available on Windows as a Steam key, Desura key and DRM-free download.
- Jaunty Windows and Mac adventure game, available on Steam, DRM-free, and on Desura, arrr.
- Brainy Steam-enabled Windows and Mac title dispensing real-time strategy action.
- An Indie Royale exclusive Windows/Mac debut (DRM-free and Desura) for an acclaimed satirical platformer, plus a bonus – a DRM-free Windows RPG overhead shooter from the same creator.

So it seems the first one is either EYE or Hard Reset. The adventure game probably is Jolly Rover and the third most likely is Vertex Dispenser.

I have read people thinking the FPS may be Hard Reset, Twin Sector, or EYE here. I cannot see the reason why, based solely on "explosive" and "future-leaning setting".

I would rather believe the FPS is Shattered Horizon.

allansm

I have read people thinking the FPS may be Hard Reset, Twin Sector, or EYE here. I cannot see the reason why, based solely on "explosive" and "future-leaning setting".

I would rather believe the FPS is Shattered Horizon.

They don't mention multiplayer, that's why Shattered Horizon didn't come to my mind, but it can well be the fps. Twin Sector I think is out of question, it's a first person puzzle game from all I heard.

MRORANGE

I thought Hard Reset was a getting a Limited Edition Retail version? why would they want it to be in a bundle at this stage? it would just cannibalize sales at this point.

Blizzard

Banned
And Twin Sector is terrrrrrrrrrrible.
Yeah, I had to double-check the store to make sure that I had played its demo, and yes I have. I hope I didn't buy it in some moment of insanity. I mean it has a pretty girl but I recall the demo being SUPER janky and I may have even gotten stuck and never finished it.

Volcynika

According to Steam, I put 4.5 hours into it. More than I should have. It got to a point where even I would not want to get past how bad it was.

FlappyHands

Neo Member
Seriously considering picking up Stacking. That definitely seems like a game that would benefit from console controls and generally being on a console, though. How does the PC version stack up?

See what I did there? Ehhhh? Ehhhhhhhhhhh!? Okay, I'll stop.

epmode

Seriously considering picking up Stacking. That definitely seems like a game that would benefit from console controls and generally being on a console, though. How does the PC version stack up?

It's very much a console port, what with the 30 FPS lock and the way-too-small FOV. But the developer is refreshingly candid in the Steam forum. An FOV fix is coming soon and an FPS increase will probably follow (but it will take some time since it requires a major engine upgrade).

FlappyHands

Neo Member
It's very much a console port, what with the 30 FPS lock and the way-too-small FOV. But the developer is refreshingly candid in the Steam forum. An FOV fix is coming soon and an FPS increase will probably follow (but it will take some time since it requires a major engine upgrade).

Yeahh, I figured that would be the case. I do love double fine and I'm sure they will aim to address some of those port-related issues in time but I might have to just pick this one up on one of the consoles.

Caerith

Yeahh, I figured that would be the case. I do love double fine and I'm sure they will aim to address some of those port-related issues in time but I might have to just pick this one up on one of the consoles.
Stacking still plays rather nicely on the PC. Maybe its FPS are locked to 30, but considering the genre is it really a dealbreaker?

epmode

Even a barebones console port is better at 1600p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom