• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

Well Burnout seems to have detected my 360 controller, no extra configuration required so far.

I'm really baffled how the game knows my real first name though (when you're shown your learner's permit). EA games usually have no Steamworks integration and I opted out of the EA account log in step.

Edit: Windows user log in name I guess?

fallout

FWIW, I loved* Burnout Paradise and enjoyed that it was different than Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge.

TAKE ME DAHN TO THA VERY LASS CITEH WHERE THE GRAHSS IS GREEN AND THA GIRLS ARE PRETTEH!!!! OOOHHHH WONT YOU PLEEASE TAKE ME HOOOWWWHOOOME YEEEAHH YEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH HAAAA

I'm really baffled how the game knows my real first name though (when you're shown your learner's permit). EA games usually have no Steamworks integration and I opted out of the EA account log in step.
Is it used anywhere in your Windows install?

HoosTrax

FWIW, I loved* Burnout Paradise and enjoyed that it was different than Burnout 3 and Burnout Revenge.

TAKE ME DAHN TO THA VERY LASS CITEH WHERE THE GRAHSS IS GREEN AND THA GIRLS ARE PRETTEH!!!! OOOHHHH WONT YOU PLEEASE TAKE ME HOOOWWWHOOOME YEEEAHH YEEEAAAAAAAAHHHH HAAAA

Is it used anywhere in your Windows install?
Yeah, I just realized that it's probably using my Windows user login. That was an odd moment because I'm used to Steam games automatically using my Steam login name, never my real name. The Windows user name didn't occur to me at first because it's often specified to be something gibberish or non-personal.

Kerrinck

Debating on L.A Noire. Have a big backlog already and it seems to be a slow and lengthy game from the impressions I have read.
By the way, it costs 12$ in here and 15$ for the complete version. Let me know if anyone needs help getting it. Not exactly Ukraine price but it saves you a few bucks.

Odd L.A. Noire is still showing up as 2.49 for me in the US store, but obviously I can't buy it. Anyone else seeing it still or did it get fixed and my cache is messed up?

Edit:
Cache - At work and its set to clear each night, no manual clearing.

Ifrit

I'm in on the LA Noire deal if anyone from the Ukraine is willing to help

Love how in the Ukraine the guide is more expensive than the game

The_End

Odd L.A. Noire is still showing up as 2.49 for me in the US store, but obviously I can't buy it. Anyone else seeing it still or did it get fixed and my cache is messed up?

Try closing your browser completely then reopening it. The link that was provided above somehow logs you on through the Ukraine version of the Steam store. It'll keep thinking you're in the Ukraine as long as you have that browser open.

Try closing your browser completely then reopening it. The link that was provided above somehow logs you on through the Ukraine version of the Steam store. It'll keep thinking you're in the Ukraine as long as you have that browser open.

Yeah its in my cache. Can't clear it at work even with going out and back. Tried in another browser and its the right *sob* price.

If you clicked on some Steam link with "?cc=ua" attached, click this other one (store.steampowered.com/?cc=us) and you'll get back to your store.

Thanks that did it.

Guys need help, I can't make to work my wired 360 controller with Rayman 3 (Amazon), nor my Logitech Rumble Pad 2, please help me!

EDIT: Weird but I need to unplug my USB mouse in order to Rayman 3 to detect the Xbox Controller :(

My native resolution is 1680*1050 so that's kinda moot point for me. :p

Still don't understand your logic. Are you thinking the console version isn't locked at 30fps?

PC port, still loooks better, can be played at higher res, is currently cheaper (I think) and includes dlc that you have to pay for on the console versions.

Anyway, game is pretty fun and stylish. Will probably finish it once I'm done with ME 3.

Alex

The only tower defense games I've ever really enjoyed were Orcs Must Die and Kingdom Rush, so yeah, it's a good buy. Most of the others I've just found to be ... blah, or missing something, even the ever so loved Plants vs Zombies, which could have been great was just so badly paced and never took any advantage of it's units. Hopefully more options in a sequel if it ever gets one!

I'd pay 2.49 for LA Noire! Not 14.99 though, especially when I'm so backlogged. It's flawed as hell but it's still a fun period piece and a decent little adventure, people expecting 40's RDR musta been pissseeddd though.

I never finished it on PS3, but it was chuggy as hell on the consoles in a lot of spots so maybe a year down the line when it's 4.99 in some sale I'll wrap it up.

MRORANGE

Little give-away:

chance to win a game, a choice of : Orcs Must Die! or Burnout Paradise

just use paint to draw some orcs or some cars... or orcs in cars - whatever floats your boat, also tell me what game you want.

winner chosen in 12 hours, (quote your damn image if it's too big, or just leave a url link)

Little give-away:

just use paint to draw some orcs or some cars... or orcs in cars - whatever floats your boat, also tell me what game you want.

winner chosen in 12 hours, (quote your damn image if it's too big, or just leave a url link)

burnoutcontest.jpg

Burnout. Picture is what I will do as soon as it loads.

Unicorn

So Burnout Paradise is on sale today. I had it for xbox and it was great and all, but I'm wondering...

This "Ultimate Box" what does it include? Is it just BP with the motorcycle update etc.? Does it include all DLC cars? Steam Page seemed vague when I scanned it quickly. For $5 I'm willing to dip again as it was an amazing game and I want to support Criterion for the amazing effort they put into a FREE update.

Other studios should take note, imo.

HoosTrax

I'm surprised I haven't been introduced to the Burnout games until now. Spent a couple hours with the game so far, and it feels sort of like Flatout set in a NFS-style fictitious open city (minus FO's bizarre, off-the-wall stunt events). It's definitely more arcadey than NFS and GRID. Also, the lack of licensed cars (although your first car looks suspiciously like a debadged Mustang...).

Just a head's up to anyone that clicked the Ukraine LA Noire link.

You'll need to click this link to switch your store back to North America otherwise you'll be stuck with the Ukraine store.

North American Steam

If you're in another country, append ?cc=XX (where xx is the country code) to the store.steampowered.com link to fix it.

mash440

Neo Member
Little give-away:

Q3a6i.jpg

I actually already have Burnout Paradise and Orcs Must Die! but I just like drawing...

Burnout paradise IMHO, is a great game. I spent so much time on it when it I had it on XBox. I just wish the crash trial mode was a bit more.... fun.

Is LA Noire worth £10 btw? It's not unspeakably cheap to me, and it's a relatively new game. I'm wondering if it will go any cheaper in the sale?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Just a head's up to anyone that clicked the Ukraine LA Noire link.

You'll need to click this link to switch your store back to North America otherwise you'll be stuck with the Ukraine store.

North American Steam

If you're in another country, append ?cc=XX (where xx is the country code) to the store.steampowered.com link to fix it.
I got extremely confused when I saw the price on MW3. I thought that Activision wasn't price gouging, which would have been a sign of the apocalypse.

Little give-away:

Inspired on the Logo, it took me 2 hours! Hope you like it, I want Burnout Paradise!

1RuTt.jpg

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Cheers for the gift, Monsieur Orange. :)

indie facekick up for preorder (save 20% if you do)

8 great games: Booster Trooper, Dead Horde, Sol Survivor, Avencast, Runespell, Still Life 2, PAM and Greed Black Border at a low cost. $8 if you preorder.

http://indie.gamingallthetime.com/

Pre-ordered. Thought I owned more of those than I actually do. Still Life 2 is a strange exclusion sans the original.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Q3a6i.jpg

I actually already have Burnout Paradise and Orcs Must Die! but I just like drawing...

Burnout paradise IMHO, is a great game. I spent so much time on it when it I had it on XBox. I just wish the crash trial mode was a bit more.... fun.

Is LA Noire worth £10 btw? It's not unspeakably cheap to me, and it's a relatively new game. I'm wondering if it will go any cheaper in the sale?

NO

Relax.MX

Gabe is punishing me for not buying something(i have 4 months since my last game) and first time in like 2 years with qualification of 7 on steam with 20 hrs in the last 2 weeks(new job...i started 1 of march), I cannot download or update any game ¿im the only one with this problem?

Helmholtz

Little give-away:

Okey dokes, worth a shot! (for burnout)
Yeah, that's a orc in a car chilling on a hammock.
Thanks for the contest.

coopolon

Apparently LA Noire PC is a shitty port.

It is. But it's still vastly superior to either of the console versions. If you are interested in the game, this is the version to get.

Also there are a few options you can add to the .exe that make it significantly more stable.

Little give-away:

For Orcs Must Die!, my image:

http://i.imgur.com/0ShsR.jpg

... orcs are in the cars, but the windows are tinted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom