• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I bought the Majesty 2 DLC only to later discover that I also own Majesty 2 Collection (a separate product inclusive of the DLC). /damnyougaben Oh well, now I have two complete editions of Majesty 2. :p

Virzeth

Mps3x.png

Looks like Gabe found the leak. Unless that GHoST guy or someone else racked up some extra copies, game's over.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I hope the next batch of Portal 2 DLC is composed of challenge maps rather than another extension of the MP campaign.

I will pay 4 times anything you are willing to pay if Valve makes more co-op stuff instead of challenge maps.

Anyone who fights against more co-op content needs to spend time figuring out why they have a shit partner who makes it less than a minblowingly awesome experience that they should be desperate for more of.

Ledsen

I will pay 4 times anything you are willing to pay if Valve makes more co-op stuff instead of challenge maps.

Anyone who fights against more co-op content needs to spend time figuring out why they have a shit partner who makes it less than a minblowingly awesome experience that they should be desperate for more of.

Would be cool with some harder stages. Me and my friend blew through the ones that were there in no time. Then again, we're both really good at math/logic puzzles.

Joe Molotov

One more thing about Wizorb, I just wanted to play it for a few minutes, but it throws you into this all or nothing 12 level marathon right off the bat. I thought maybe there would be a level or two, and then some cutscenes or something, but it's just 12 levels back to back with no way to quit and save your progress in between.

ShaneB

One more thing about Wizorb, I just wanted to play it for a few minutes, but it throws you into this all or nothing 12 level marathon right off the bat. I thought maybe there would be a level or two, and then some cutscenes or something, but it's just 12 levels back to back with no way to quit and save your progress in between.

Your progress is saved if you quit out mid level. It just mentions it won't save your score.

For less than 3 bucks I wasn't expecting a lot, so I've been enjoying what's there. I just wish the levels were a little more busy and hectic.

JaseC

4 x $0 is still $0. :p I'm not "fighting against" more co-op content, I'd just like some SP DLC to balance the scales a bit.

Javaman

I bought the Majesty 2 DLC only to later discover that I also own Majesty 2 Collection (a separate product inclusive of the DLC). /damnyougaben Oh well, now I have two complete editions of Majesty 2. :p

On the plus side you've got all the content. I previously owned the Vanilla version of the game and yesterday bought the 3 DLC thinking it would bring it to parity with the collection version. Apparently the collection has extra stuff added to it that don't come in the DLC so I'd have to rebuy the whole thing again just to get the missing heros. I put a support ticket in yesterday to see if they would back out my transaction, but I hadn't heard a peep yet.

JaseC

On the plus side you've got all the content. I previously owned the Vanilla version of the game and yesterday bought the 3 DLC thinking it would bring it to parity with the collection version. Apparently the collection has extra stuff added to it that don't come in the DLC so I'd have to rebuy the whole thing again just to get the missing heros. I put a support ticket in yesterday to see if they would back out my transaction, but I hadn't heard a peep yet.

The more you know! That'd explain why it's a separate product.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Bah, even I would have bit on LA NOIRE for 9 UNITED STATED DOLLARS

That Royal Bundle is worth it for Hard Reset alone. Too bad the other games don't interest me.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Man. Portal 2's co-op was probably my favorite thing about the game, I'd take more of that in a heartbeat.

I wanted to pick this up but that sounds pretty bad. The super cheap price is still tempting though.

Is each level the same every time?

JaseC

Still waiting for -75% BroHood.

Edit: Bugger those guest passes. I thought I'd gotten into either (or both) the CS:GO/Dota 2 betas and had an invite to give away. :(

Derrick01

Banned
He probably doesn't have any friends that want to play co-op with him. Co-op with strangers is horrible.

I don't enjoy playing with other people at all. Co-op tends to be pretty shallow too, just give me a story mode and let me go.

Anyway I really want anno but $30 is still steep. How good is it?

If you do crazy things like upgrade your rigs components you'll want to know that Anno 2070's DRM binds itself to your hardware configuration, change a component and lose one of three copies. You'll then be forced to either crack your legitimately purchased software or go through Ubisoft customer service hoops to get more activations once you lose all of your copies to what is an eventuality for any dedicated PC gamer, upgrading or building a new rig.

Also, uses Uplay.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
If you do crazy things like upgrade your rigs components you'll want to know that Anno 2070's DRM binds itself to your hardware configuration, change a component and lose one of three copies. You'll then be forced to either crack your legitimately purchased software or go through Ubisoft customer service hoops to get more activations once you lose all of your copies to what is an eventuality for any dedicated PC gamer, upgrading or building a new rig.

Also, uses Uplay.

Yeah it's a shame, since the actual game part sounds great and my library is sorely lacking quality strategy/sim games. I'm tempted to by it, but I don't want to support that kind of awful DRM. Ubisoft sux.

Never bought any of the Humble Bundles before so I'm not sure how it works. And can I give away parts of the bundles? I'm really only interested in Hard Reset and DLC Quest.

MRORANGE

I would have gotten the indie royale if DLC Quest was steamworks, I already own 2 of the games in the bundle already.

Vertex Dispenser looks like your giving hand-jobs to different coloured dildo's, so I'll probably skip that one as well.

double post sorry/

louiedog

I would have gotten the indie royale if DLC Quest was steamworks, I already own 2 of the games in the bundle already.

Vertex Dispenser looks like your giving hand-jobs to different coloured dildo's, so I'll probably skip that one as well.

double post sorry/

Tell me more about this rainbow hand job game...

double post sorry/

Exactly what my post would have been.

double post sorry/

I didn't even know the new indie royale was available, after looking at it the only game I would play is Hard Reset. Looks like I'll pass.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Never bought any of the Humble Bundles before so I'm not sure how it works. And can I give away parts of the bundles? I'm really only interested in Hard Reset and DLC Quest.

Just so we're clear here: what you're talking about is the Indie Royale bundle. It is not affiliated with the Humble Bundle in any way. The two groups also have significant differences: Humble Bundles allow you to pay whatever you want and you can designate a portion of your payment to charity. Indie Royale has a set minimum price that goes up if more people buy it at the minimum and goes down if more people pay more than the minimum. None of your payment to Indie Royale goes to charity.

And yes, 3 of the five games listed have Steam keys and you're perfectly within your right to do with them as you want. The other games may be trickier to give away, depending on if they have Desura keys or if they're just straight .exe downloads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom