• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

dLMN8R

Hilarious that in Ubisoft's stupid attempts to prevent "lost sales", they've actually lost sales. I loved Dawn of Discovery. I have absolutely 0 interest in purchasing Anno 2070.

Best thing is they convert euros/dollars properly

Hmmm.

fuckingbullshit.gif

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Homefront needs to just go below 5 dollars already. I might be able to convince myself and some friends to buy it, but never at 7.50.

Detox

Guys don't forget to buy Extended Download Service from the THQ store or what I like to call EDS - only $5!
Now purchasing software online is more convenient than ever. Our Extended Download Service frees you from the time-consuming — but critical — chore of backing up your new software.

Simply purchase EDS as part of your order. We’ll automatically store on our server a back-up copy of the software that you purchased and downloaded for two (2) years from the date of purchase. System crash? Hard disk error? No Worries! You can re-download your files anytime during your extended protection period.

Blizzard

Banned
I'd buy Anno 2070 instantly if they'd get rid of that ridiculous DRM. Your loss Ubisoft.
Yeah, I might have gotten one game over the years, but as far as I remember I completely stopped buying/playing Ubisoft games since they started having stuff like Tages, installation limits, and online-only DRM. Fortunately it wasn't too hard of a decision since I'm not SUPER interested in most Ubisoft titles, but there are still occasionally games that make me kind of sad since I might otherwise get them.

Of course we're like 5 people in a million and it doesn't make a difference, but at least it feels like I'm an important person on the internet Taking A Stand or something, lol.

Yeah, I might have gotten one game over the years, but as far as I remember I completely stopped buying/playing Ubisoft games since they started having stuff like Tages, installation limits, and online-only DRM. Fortunately it wasn't too hard of a decision since I'm not SUPER interested in most Ubisoft titles, but there are still occasionally games that make me kind of sad since I might otherwise get them.

Of course we're like 5 people in a million and it doesn't make a difference, but at least it feels like I'm an important person on the internet Taking A Stand or something, lol.

I take solace in the fact that their PC revenue is down 90% since all this DRM BS...

Is there still no word on when the Indie Face Kick bundle will be out? I'm thinking of pre-ordering but not if the bundle ends up releasing in June or something :\

Make it six. Didn't they come out with some ridiculous bullshit to a benchmarking site, who ran into the DRM limits because they changed graphics cards in their test rig a few times?

Lime

Actually, that is one of their games I -do- want to buy, and I was mentioning the game to a real life friend earlier today.

It was one of the best games I've played in co-op in recent years. It's incredibly entertaining with a nice learning curve and lots of content.

I'm dying to play to Unstoppable Gorg but I can't pay online right now :( I now it will eventually come in a bundle or I'll be able to buy it in a couple of weeks but I'm sad to miss the promo :(

louiedog

Man, adventure games are just being given out left and right. Lucky bastards. Congrats to you.

Both The Next Big Thing and Yesterday are tempting. I keep waiting for a really amazing deal on the Pendulo pack that never comes.

So I am having an odd issue. Lately games and more often then not updates will start to download, pause then never resume. If I manually try to resume them it just goes right back to paused. Every few minutes it will also switch to downloading but then instantly go back to paused. Has this happened to anyone else? Its only with updates and the only thing to get past it is to delete the local files and download the whole game again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom