• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Well capcom is more irrelevant by the day, and Arkham City had steamworks in addition to GFWL. Warner just has to stop dipping its toe and finish jumping in and we'd be all good.
Capcom at least ports their fighters over. We may never get to see what MK9 looks like running on a PC.

I got one!
I also got one from that picture :D

By the way, since I've been entering lots of already used codes before finding one that worked, I've noticed that Valve now adds a button for retrieving the account that has already used the code. I bet lots of people will get spammed thanks to douches in that kind of giveaways :/

Nabs

I also got one from that picture :D

By the way, since I've been entering lots of already used codes before finding one that worked, I've noticed that Valve now adds a button for retrieving the account that has already used the code. I bet lots of people will get spammed thanks to douches in that kind of giveaways :/

Any idea what that button does?

Oh snaps. Borderlands 2: Love letter to PC gamers http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter?x

Chesskid1

Banned

Oh snaps. Borderlands 2: Love letter to PC gamers http://www.borderlands2.com/loveletter?x

basically if you use an already used cd-key on your account, there will be an retrieve account button. it will send an email to the user who registered the key you were trying to use.

i tried a key i used on my account and hit the button. they sent this to my email.

POC9j.png

don't really get the point but w/e

Burekma

basically if you use an already used cd-key on your account, there will be an retrieve account button. it will send an email to the user who registered the key you were trying to use.

i tried a key i used on my account and hit the button. they sent this to my email.

http://i.imgur.com/POC9j.png

It's for the people that forget which steam account they registered their retail games to, usually after a long period of time.

What does a FOV slider is for ? Seriously ? Who chooses his fov ? We just slide it to the max available... So why not instead making a fix, wide fov ?

Aselith

Why did they make Logitech keyboard support a specific bullet point? I have a Logitech and it worked fine in BL 1.

What does a FOV slider is for ? Seriously ? Who chooses his fov ? We just slide it to the max available... So why not instead making a fix, wide fov ?

FOV on max would look ridiculous to most everyone.

Here's a game with really high FOV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY65oHX2yOg

People who don't want their picture to look like an insane man's nightmare adjust their FOV.

Even this slightly better Minecraft maxed FOV look really bad maxed with the fisheye effect: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY65oHX2yOg

Of course it should be adjustable. Maxing it out would only please crazy people.

Wok

POC9j.png

I got this exact email 15 minutes after registering the key for Dungeon Defenders.

I am glad my account name was not disclosed to some stranger.

zkylon

zkylewd
I use 80 or 85 on a 1920x1200 24" screen. I know most people would go 90 or 100 but more than 85 looks super weird to me.

The_End

A guest pass allows you to play that complete game for a limited amount of time. It's like a free weekend trial, or an extended demo, except there are no limits to what game modes you can play. They usually last for a couple of days (3 days in the case of Nuclear Dawn) and the clock starts ticking the moment you activate the guest pass.

jediyoshi

Wat. People want various fovs for various setups and preferences, if there was a magical value for a 'correct fov', it wouldn't be an issue.

Hey remember that time they said borderlands 1 would be totally kickass on pc :p

I still weep at the gamespy

hmmm steamworks wasn't mentioned in the love letter...

I just hope that any feature DLC packs don't have SecuROM in them. There's still two of the packs from the first game that have it. I figured they would have removed it all last year when it got that update.

AcridMeat

Banned
Hey remember that time they said borderlands 1 would be totally kickass on pc :p

I still weep at the gamespy

hmmm steamworks wasn't mentioned in the love letter...

It still hurts. Pitchford hurt me. :(

I played through the entire game single player as a result of not getting multi working right.

thefil

Question: has anyone tried copying a game between computers since Steam added this new "downloading" folder? My girlfriend is trying to copy Civ V from my machine. She tried putting the files in the downloading folder, but it seemed to ignore them, and tried putting the files directly in SteamApps as per the old method, but that also didn't work.

Thanks!

Tambini

Question: has anyone tried copying a game between computers since Steam added this new "downloading" folder? My girlfriend is trying to copy Civ V from my machine. She tried putting the files in the downloading folder, but it seemed to ignore them, and tried putting the files directly in SteamApps as per the old method, but that also didn't work.

Thanks!

I copied my steamapps folder to a fresh windows install just a few days ago and it worked no problems. I just had to click install game then it seemed to recognise the files were already there and let me play.

Aselith

I wonder how it must have felt to put "mouse useable menus" on the list.

For people that didn't think to put it in last time around? It probably felt like they were caving to a bunch of whiners. Like, "God, these people won't shut up about the damn menus! Here you go, manbabies!"

"I take care of my kids!"

"You supposed to, you dumb mutha fucka!!"

This is the best response though.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Still bumping question - is the Burnout Paradise account different from my Origin account that I have to make a new one? Also, it keeps saying that I have reached the maximum number of profiles associated in the account.

The_End

Skyrim Beta?

I'm sorry if this is old news, but I just noticed that there's in beta opt-in on my account settings for the "Skyrim Beta". What the heck is this? I don't own Skyrim, why would I be eligible to opt-in? Anybody else notice this?

jediyoshi

Skyrim Beta?

I'm sorry if this is old news, but I just noticed that there's in beta opt-in on my account settings for the "Skyrim Beta". What the heck is this? I don't own Skyrim, why would I be eligible to opt-in? Anybody else notice this?

It's how you opt into the Skyrim beta patches. Likely doesn't do anything for non Skyrim owners.

MNC

Am i the only one that prefers fov at 70-80 instead of 90? Its perfect to me. Everything higher is fish eye lense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom