• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Missing Link worth getting? 50% off just now, but I'll probably wait and see if it goes 75%.

it's very much worth it, and as others have said, wait for the daily deal.

one playthrough took me ~7 hours (undetected, no augs, no weapons). need to go through again terminator style.

I pretty much own the entire Squenix library, bought it all piecemeal over the years. The only games I don't own are Lara Croft: Guardian of Light, Front Mission Evolved, the first Just Cause (I have the second) and Dungeon Siege 3. Think I'll buy Dungeon Siege 3.

Xanathus

I pretty much own the entire Squenix library, bought it all piecemeal over the years. The only games I don't own are Lara Croft: Guardian of Light, Front Mission Evolved, the first Just Cause (I have the second) and Dungeon Siege 3. Think I'll buy Dungeon Siege 3.

You're a fool if you do.

Guardian of Light is a pretty good game. You should definitely consider getting that too.

1-D_FTW

I've been too lazy to make accounts for other services that have had Missing Link on sale for 75%, so sold if Steam puts it on sale this week.

Blizzard

Banned
Lara Croft: Guardian of Light is indeed a good game. Oddly enough, Just Cause 2 and Guardian of Light are some of my favorite recently Squeenix games.

McNum

Just saw Blood Money on sale. That's a good price. I'll take it.

I don't think Square Enix has much else I want that I don't already have, so this sale is going to be easy on me.

So how does the multiplayer in Dungeon Siege 3 work? I know that "guest" players can't import their own character (terrible idea), they just use one of your party characters that would otherwise be controlled by the ai and they can choose to always use that one character. Do they level up that character in your game? Is there any sort of reward for the guest player?

Basically how does multiplayer work in DS3.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So how does the multiplayer in Dungeon Siege 3 work? I know that "guest" players can't import their own character (terrible idea), they just use one of your party characters that would otherwise be controlled by the ai and they can choose to always use that one character. Do they level up that character in your game? Is there any sort of reward for the guest player?

Basically how does multiplayer work in DS3.

They level the character they play just like the host does, but the character is locked to the hosts save. The guest can change character at the start of a session and then the new character starts at the same level as the host and the points can be allocated whereves the guest wants.

Guests are rewarded with nothing other than some of the achievements.

They level the character they play just like the host does, but the character is locked to the hosts save. The guest can change character at the start of a session and then the new character starts at the same level as the host and the points can be allocated whereves the guest wants.

Guests are rewarded with nothing other than some of the achievements.

Thanks. I've got a few friends that might bite at 15$ and I think it would be mainly for the coop experience.

Nah it's pretty Neat.

It's pretty much the worst game I've ever bought. Lifeless at every turn, underwhelming in every field. If I missed something, then I'll be happy to re-assess it, but I'm quite certain I didn't. I wouldn't recommend dropping a buck on it, let alone five.

I played Front Mission Evolved last year and thought it was just okay, and kept thinking how much time could be better spent playing something else. Didn't stop me from finishing it though, haha. I think my problem was that I kept wishing I was playing an actual Front Mission game rather than a third-person shooter.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Thanks. I've got a few friends that might bite at 15$ and I think it would be mainly for the coop experience.

Yeah, I'll probably never play the game in single-player so being my friends bitch didn't really bother me. There isn't a new game + either (it's not really built around the concept in terms of leveling) so there I'm not really sure how they could give something to co-op guests.

flowsnake

I keep getting an error when I try to buy something with my Steam Wallet:

There seems to have been an error initializing or updating your transaction. Please wait a minute and try again or contact support for assistance.

ctrayne

Echoing earlier posts. DXHR Missing Link is absolutely worth it, but wait for the daily deal. Blood Money is the best Hitman game thus far and is excellent. Front Mission Evolved is terrible as far as Front Missions go, but an OK-ish mecha shooter on its own.

mxgt

Banned
£39.99? Are they taking the piss? The only other non-limited edition PC games that have cost that much have been the CoD games.

I'm really fucking hating this growing trend of super expensive PC games.

Hell £24.99-29.99 was the standard just last year, now everyone is doing it. Diablo 3 is £44.99 on Blizzard's website and Guild Wars 2 is £49.99 for digital standard

an absolute joke

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Kane and Lynch 2 is just a bit cheaper on GMC, down to $5. Redeems on steam
http://www.greenmangaming.com/games/action/kane-and-lynch-2-dog-days/

One of the few games I've finished so far in 2012, but only because it's like four hours long. It's a very average third person shooter, but I dug the Michael Mann vibes and the disorientating handheld camera effects. I set the difficulty to Easy and just enjoyed the ride. I think it's worth playing at $5, but not much more.

zkylon

zkylewd
One of the few games I've finished so far in 2012, but only because it's like four hours long. It's a very average third person shooter, but I dug the Michael Mann vibes and the disorientating handheld camera effects. I set the difficulty to Easy and just enjoyed the ride. I think it's worth playing at $5, but not much more.
I second this. It's not by any means a good game, and I don't think the visual experience makes up for how unsatisfying everything is in the game, but if you're looking for a visual trip, 5 bucks is fair. Multiplayer had a lot of promise, too, but there were so many lagspikes that it was borderline unplayable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom