• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrayne

I loved AC2 and Brotherhood, but after playing a bit of Revelations and how shit that was, and the fact that AC3 is set in fucking america I don't think I'm buying anymore

The entire premise upsets me.

Learn more about the time period and the situation and your mind mind be opened.

catabarez

I loved AC2 and Brotherhood, but after playing a bit of Revelations and how shit that was, and the fact that AC3 is set in fucking america I don't think I'm buying anymore

The entire premise upsets me.
Desmond had to have gotten where he is at right now somehow right? I figured it'd be nice if they had a game set in that general location.

Eusis

I just want dungeon siege 1 and 2, I already have DS3, god fucking damnit
It's why I haven't bothered even when it was $5 elsewhere. Hoping it's a daily deal at 75% off, then I can get everything for $10.

25 is still too much for The Last Remnant :/
There've been times when it was $10, but it's in dire need of a price drop. Crazy SE will do it for other games but not Last Remnant, likely their first Steam game and one of the only ones that's developed by them, not by Eidos. Maybe that's why really, the Eidos portions of the company recognize the value of price dropping in US/Europe and press for it, while no one's speaking up to lower Last Remnant's price and thus it stays.

ctrayne

The american revolution? It's not bad... I guess... There sure were more interesting places to go with it in my opinion.

I agree, I'm in the Victorian England camp, but it could still happen.

I'm just saying, people who go "America? Must be shit" are not really giving it a chance. Especially since we've seen fuck all of the actual game yet.

zkylon

zkylewd
I agree, I'm in the Victorian England camp, but it could still happen.

I'm just saying, people who go "America? Must be shit" are not really giving it a chance. Especially since we've seen fuck all of the actual game yet.
I had the feeling that they were going to go with the american revolution when they announced 3, but I was hoping to be pleasantly surprised. I don't mind it so much, but it sure bombed my interest (I was hoping for Victorian England too).

I am actually really excited for the setting of Assassin's Creed 3. I think hiding in the forests and the freerunning in the trees is a nice change of pace for the series.

HoosTrax

Someone needs to tell THQ that it's customary to offer a pre-order bonus. Nada for Darksiders II.

Edit: Nvm, I just saw the bonus. Oops...to be fair, they usually list it in a more prominent fashion.

goober

Hello GAF, can you guys recommends some point-and-click adventure games on Steam that are compatible with the Mac client?

The gf's bday is coming up and I'd like to get her a game/collection/whatevz.

She's enjoyed Machinarium, Puzzle Agent (kinda), and most recently Hector.

She REALLY REALLY enjoyed Machinarium, here favorite so far.
She's played Tiny Bang Story also.

Also, to give you an idea of what else she likes she cried after Professor Layton's Unbound Future (her favorite DS game)

So storyline is key.

One of the few games I've finished so far in 2012, but only because it's like four hours long. It's a very average third person shooter, but I dug the Michael Mann vibes and the disorientating handheld camera effects. I set the difficulty to Easy and just enjoyed the ride. I think it's worth playing at $5, but not much more.

I'll second Dog Days being worth 5$ and say that it's not a bad shooter, worth playing through to experience the presentation and you can beat the game in an afternoon.

Guys is the Last Remnant worth 25 bucks?

TLR has an outrageously annoying protagonist and a sort of dopey story to go with him, but it is otherwise an excellent RPG (and one that was drastically improved in its PC release compared to the original 360 version.) It's only been on sale for cheaper a few times; I guess it's conceivable it'll be $10 again sometime in the future, but given that SE actually raised the price from $40 to $50 (lulz) I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
TLR has an outrageously annoying protagonist and a sort of dopey story to go with him, but it is otherwise an excellent RPG (and one that was drastically improved in its PC release compared to the original 360 version.) It's only been on sale for cheaper a few times; I guess it's conceivable it'll be $10 again sometime in the future, but given that SE actually raised the price from $40 to $50 (lulz) I wouldn't bet my life on it.

Wha...they raised the price? I was wondering how it was priced at $25 and "on sale" at the same time. I bought it for $10 several months ago, still haven't played it of course .

Suddenly when I try to login to Steam I get this error message as it's logging in:

"Could not connect to Steam network.
This could be due to a problem with your Internet connection, or with the Steam network. Please visit www.steampowered.com for more info."

Does anyone have any idea what the deal is? My internet is working fine... I'll start troubleshooting, and already tried some things, but nothing has worked so far.

Edit: I removed my userdata folder and tried logging in and it worked... but now all my games are out of categories. Are all my saves compromised too (the ones that don't use Steamworks on the cloud)? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Eusis

It's only been on sale for cheaper a few times; I guess it's conceivable it'll be $10 again sometime in the future, but given that SE actually raised the price from $40 to $50 (lulz) I wouldn't bet my life on it.
... Wait, what? I seriously thought I had misremembered how much it cost, but I guess not. Is Square Enix retarded? I understand they don't want to go for bottom of the barrel pricing as the App Store has shown, but they could at least have made it $30 or something given its age and popularity, if it's something they thought they could charge $50 for then maybe they should've actually gotten a PS3 port put out.

Still, they may go around and put it on sale for $10, or at least $12.50 for Summer/Winter sales, and personally I'm hoping Trails in the Skies pops up given the two Ys games, and if that pops up that'll scratch a JRPG itch just fine too.

epmode

Edit: I removed my userdata folder and tried logging in and it worked... but now all my games are out of categories. Are all my saves compromised too (the ones that don't use Steamworks on the cloud)? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Save files are generally not left in the userdata folder so I'm sure you're fine.

The trouble you were having with Steam itself is on Valve's side, I think. That sort of thing happens when TF2+DOTA patches go out.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have a 75% off Eve online coupon, and the game is 66% off right now. With the coupon, it comes to $1.70. Anyone want it?

Caerith

Hello GAF, can you guys recommends some point-and-click adventure games on Steam that are compatible with the Mac client?

Also, to give you an idea of what else she likes she cried after Professor Layton's Unbound Future (her favorite DS game)

So storyline is key.
I'd recommend all three seasons of Sam & Max, but the first season is Windows-only so she'd be missing a lot of the setup for the storyline.

louiedog

So storyline is key.

I really like the Broken Sword games. The first two are the best of the series and available for Mac on Steam. They're heavy on story and considered classics for a reason.

The Lucas Arts Adventure Pack has four classic games that are Mac compatible. The Dig is probably a little hard to get into these days and the fact that it was ambitious doesn't carry it like it did in the 90s. Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is solid but I'm not as big a fan of The Last Crusade. Loom is good and different, but very short.

I just checked and couldn't believe that the special editions of the Monkey Island games aren't Mac compatible. What a bummer.

Does it have to be point-and-click adventure games? Don't get me wrong, they're my bread and butter. I grew up playing them. I ask because my girlfriend isn't big into games and after having an NES as a kid I don't think she played any games until I introduced her to Psychonauts. She loved it and made it all the way to the Meat Circus without help despite not having used a controller with analog sticks and so many buttons before.

Interesting Steam bug. It seems like SEGA/CA managed to patch Shogun 2 out from my profile page. I still have it in my library, can play it, earn achievements and it records gametime. But the game is not shown among recently played the games on my profile page, not shown in the complete games list on the profile page, and earned achievements doesn´t show on the blotter.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you get Broken Sword games, get them from GOG because Steam are being silent assholes about the second one and why it hasn't updated to the remastered version (not even the dev knows)

If you get Broken Sword games, get them from GOG because Steam are being silent assholes about the second one and why it hasn't updated to the remastered version (not even the dev knows)

That's where I got them from but I had no idea the second game hasn't been updated. Odd.

Wok

The indie royale ninja pack is launching this week

intenscia 1 day ago

Hi Reddit, Scott here from the Indie Royale team. We apologize for this. There was a glitch in the system, and the Ninja Pack accidentally went live without the games. Stay tuned for an actual launch in a couple of days time!

I thought this was going up today, but it seems Saturday is more likely then.

I believe possible games would be:
Plain Sight
Mini Ninjas
Ninja Reflex
DeathSpank ???
and other indie games.

Sysgen

Mutant Storm Reloaded released today:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/110630/

It's a good twin stick shooter. Website said it has controller support but I haven't tested it yet.

It has controller support. It's the same awesome shooter that was released on the 360 years ago, around the time Geometry Wars was released. They're similar but liked this infinitely better due to the 2 modes and different difficulty levels (Tally mode). This release is waiting on a patch though which according to PomPom Steam already has. It has no in game AA / AF options but these can be forced and once forced this a really good looking shooter. IIRC the "Black Belt Grandmaster Achievement" on the 360 was one of the more rare achievements that was ever completed (less than 1%).

kafiend

From the article.

Early said it was only fair that Ubisoft should seek to protect its games from piracy, but admitted it continues to "grapple" with the delicate balance of doing that while not inconveniencing paying customers.

What he needs to be thinking about its the fact that a pirated Ubisoft game is the BETTER product.

Crub

I thought this was going up today, but it seems Saturday is more likely then.

I believe possible games would be:
Plain Sight
Mini Ninjas
Ninja Reflex
DeathSpank ???
and other indie games.
One of the games could possibly be Noitu Love 2. The developer was added to Steam a while ago and I think the main character could be classed as a ninja.

Another, not as likely candidate could be Samurai II. I know samurais != ninjas, but at least you probably get to slice some up during the game. It's on both Mac and Windows, which I think increases its chances slightly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom