• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Metro 2033 5$ (75% off) @ gamersgate (Deal of the day)

http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-M2033/metro-2033

I have already a huge backlog but I love games with horror/dark atmosphere, is it worth it ?

PS: I can read from comments it requires top hardware to run, I have AMD X4 965 + ATI 5770 + 4GB ram, will it run decently ?

As long as you don't run it in DX11 you'll have no performance issues. It's a fantastic game, well worth it.

cicero

It would be stupid not to add an equivalent to "hats, hats, hats" in CS ;)

If I could have a hat in CS I know exactly which one it would be...

BUIPH.jpg

Ledsen

I didn't really have any issues with the combat aside from stealth being broken and that ONE PART with the god damned blobs. It was an amazing game to me.

I just hope it wont be f2p in the first few years.

Because of all the clusterfuck that TF2 is now, I really do not like to play it anymore. If you are on a public-server, the chat is mostly about trading.
If I get a new item, people try to add me on steam and ask what to trade for it.
A lot of public servers are overpopulated by rude children.

I do not want CS to meet the same fate.

I find find it to be a rare minor annoyance at worst. I just can't be wearing my Max head around too much or else people will start begging for it.

And yeah, my money is on Dota 2 and CS:GO being f2p.

1-D_FTW

Because of all the clusterfuck that TF2 is now, I really do not like to play it anymore. If you are on a public-server, the chat is mostly about trading.
If I get a new item, people try to add me on steam and ask what to trade for it.

I don't know, I was randomly playing a bunch of different servers the other day and was reminded of how the TF2 community is still 2nd to none. Seems like if you stick to servers that only rotate the gold tier maps, they still have good communities around them.

amdnv

It was developed as a console game first and foremost, of course gamepad works perfectly. I played it all the way through with a 360 pad.
You didn't answer his question. He asked which is better, and I don't think there can be any dispute when I say that KB+M is the superior way to play Deus Ex.

zkylon

zkylewd
I didn't really have any issues with the combat aside from stealth being broken and that ONE PART with the god damned blobs. It was an amazing game to me.
I agree with this, I thought the combat wasn't anything impressive, but it was more than competent. I managed to beat it using stealth once, but it made for a very frustrating (though sometimes thrilling) experience.

louiedog

A random question guys, is Deus Ex: HR better with the 360 pad or with m+kb? I know that sounds as a dumb question being an fps (more like first person adventure?) and all but I'd really like to play it on my tv and my m+kb are not Comfy Couch™ approved, so I wanted to know if there really isn't that big a difference and it was ok with a pad.

Also, where the hell ended up that Steam TV thingie Gabe? D:

I played the game on the 360 so m+kb wasn't an option for me. However, I also have the game on the PC (I got a code which quickly lost value after so many $10 sales, sigh) and I expect that I'll play it again with my 360 gamepad. The game isn't about fast precision shooting, at least not the way that I play it. I play with stealth in mind which means movement is much more important than aiming. For that I prefer an analog stick over keyboard keys to get around. The interface might be better with the mouse but I didn't have any problems with it using the controller. The game was designed with consoles in mind.

Ledsen

You didn't answer his question. He asked which is better, and I don't think there can be any dispute when I say that KB+M is the superior way to play Deus Ex.

Depends on if you consider ergonomics or not. You can play through the game just fine no matter which control method you use, so to me the superior one is the one that doesn't give me carpal tunnel.

amdnv

Depends on if you consider ergonomics or not. You can play through the game just fine no matter which control method you use, so to me the superior one is the one that doesn't give me carpal tunnel.
Well, I wouldn't know. My job is in CG, and I spend about 10 hours every day using a mouse and keyboard. I (and several billion other modern day employees) must have wrists of steel considering the lack of ergonomics on these flawed input devices. :-D

Hanzou

haha Wow I feel dumb. So I was doing my daily entering on steamgifts.com even though I have yet to win yet and as I tried to enter a DOTA giveaway it told me I already owned it. I went and checked and sure enough it was in my library. I have it set to show installed games only so I never saw it there even though I recieved it on March 2nd according to my account!

I thought it was strange that I didn't get an email. I went and rechecked my account and sure enough an email was there unopened that I apparently totally missed. Oh well, time to try it out and get my ass kicked.

Ledsen

Well, I wouldn't know. My job is in CG, and I spend about 10 hours every day using a mouse and keyboard. I must have wrists of steel considering the lack of ergonomics on these flawed input devices. :-D

How old are you? It's just a matter of time if you don't take precautions. I sure wouldn't dismiss it with a smiley. And a large portion of those "billions" do have problems with their hands/wrists. Or are you actually disputing the very real and serious ergonomic drawbacks of m/kb?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

Nope.

The TF2 server I mainly play on is filled with people that just want to play, so much so that I usually have to queue and play in another server while I wait to join. Often I play in one of the valve f2p servers and even those tend to be filled with people who just want to play...all sniper and spy but they're playing!

The_End

Deus Ex: Human Revolution has been discounted to 75% off, so it looks like that's gonna be today's deal.

EDIT: It isn't just Deus EX: HR, the whole franchise is 75% off.

I have some serious beefs with the game, but for that price I couldn't tell anyone not to get it and still have a good conscience. Buy it.

Edit: I apparently already owned Invisible War. I feel so terrible.

TeegsD

Deus Ex is definitely bought. Going to install it once I get to school tomorrow. Going to be playing it and Blood Money for the rest of my time at school.

Goody

Hooray for getting the first Deus Ex today. Still have my fingers crossed for The Last Remnant though. I'll pick it up on the last day if it doesn't get discounted anymore.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
2 of my top 3 favorite games of all time are on sale today: Deus Ex & Fallout 2. Doesn't get much better then that.

rybrad

Hooray for getting the first Deus Ex today. Still have my fingers crossed for The Last Remnant though. I'll pick it up on the last day if it doesn't get discounted anymore.
Is The Last Remnant any good? My friends that like it have very niche tastes so it is hard to take their recommendation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom