• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledsen

Well I've only play Fallout 3 but I've heard these are a bit different so I want to be sure.

Fallout 3 really isn't a game in the same series as Fallout 1 and 2. It's more like a spin-off in a different genre. FO1/2 are 2D, isometric CRPGs in the vein of something like Baldur's Gate, so you experience with FO3 won't have any bearing on what you think about FO1/2. The only thing that's remotely similar is the setting.

Madridy

What a great Steam Sales day for RPG Fans! Got the Fallout collection, was eying them for quite some time now!

Already got Deus:HR + DLC from Amazon during the Holiday sale for the same price.

kitzkozan

Definitely play the first and third games. A lot of people hate the second game but I thought it was "okay" and worth playing through once.

I bought the Deus Ex collection, which cost 5$ with the 75% off. :] Even if I don't really like Invisible war, it's super cheap so no big deal. Here's hoping we see Baldur's gate 1 & 2 remake on steam sooner rather than later ( and planescape: Torment) .

I bought the Deus Ex collection, which cost 5$ with the 75% off. :] Even if I don't really like Invisible war, it's super cheap so no big deal. Here's hoping we see Baldur's gate 1 & 2 remake on steam sooner rather than later ( and planescape: Torment) .

Yeah, hope the Dungeon Siege collection goes on sale tomorrow. Would love a $7.49 Dungeon Siege 3

inky

So, don't know if it was posted but new http://www.indiegala.com/ is up. Includes:

Trapped Dead
Greed: Black Border
Future Wars

and if you beat the average you get:

Grotesque Tactics
Twin Sector

All Steam if I'm not mistaken. Sorry if I'm late but I didn't see it mentioned.

Indie Gala III is out.

INDIEGALA is back!

Pay What You Want and get Trapped Dead, Greed: Black Border, and Future Wars!

Pay more than the current average ( starting from $ 3.99 ) and you'll also get Twin Sector , Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes plus 4 secret bonus goodies added in the second week!

http://www.indiegala.com/

Edit: Dammit, too slow!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Indigala is the best. Picked it up. Looking forward to extra goodies, which they seem to love piling on.

The backlog grows, why do I do this?

jediyoshi

So, don't know if it was posted but new http://www.indiegala.com/ is up. Includes:

Trapped Dead
Greed: Black Border
Future Wars

and if you beat the average you get:

Grotesque Tactics
Twin Sector

All Steam if I'm not mistaken. Sorry if I'm late but I didn't see it mentioned.

Good lord, haven't heard of any of these games. Twin Sector looks neat enough, the rest look a bit daunting.

Curufinwe

Will Deus Ex HR be bottlenecked by a E6420 @ 2.13 Ghz?

I overclocked it to 2.8 GhH in winter and got thru Crysis and Crysis Warhead, but it makes my computer run too hot to keep it overclocked when the weather heats up.

Blizzard

Banned
Most people who have played Twin Sector or tried the demo seem to either dislike it, or hate it -- like Portal if Portal sucked and there were no portals, I think someone said. I don't know about the other games though.

Tess3ract

Banned
You started so strong here with a perfect suggestion.... and then...

w9mqyu8ltq.gif
Nope. High res textures or DEATH

Popstar

amdnv

Mafia's ending is so incredible, still. Goddamn. One of the best ever.
A great ending to an excellent game. Now I feel like replaying it.

Can't believe I almost bought the Fallout collection when I realized I owned it on gog...which is the superior version =)
What's superior about it? It wouldn't appear in my game collection list, so that's a negative. Are the games themselves different?

Yaska

A great ending to an excellent game. Now I feel like replaying it.

What's superior about it? It wouldn't appear in my game collection list, so that's a negative. Are the games themselves different?

GoG versions usually offer variety of extras ranging from manuals and soundtracks to novels and wallpapers(for Fallout they offer bible, pip-boy avatars, artworks etc). Also they work straight outta the box on windows 7 64 bit, no need to fiddle (or very little in some cases). F.ex. Rayman 2 steam version worked very badly on my computer, whereas the gog version works just great.

Also got that indiegala 3, but think I shouldn't have, after looking at the metascores of most of the games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Also got that indiegala 3, but think I shouldn't have, after looking at the metascores of most of the games.

Here's my thought process when it comes to indie bundles:

Do I own all of the Steam-supported games?
No: Buy
Yes: Ignore

confused

Banned
Here's my thought process when it comes to indie bundles:

Do I own all of the Steam-supported games?
No: Buy
Yes: Ignore

same here, except I only bother beating the average if the extra games are appealing to me. In this indieGala bundle they were not.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
same here, except I only bother beating the average if the extra games are appealing to me. In this indieGala bundle they were not.

I have no intention of playing any of the games, I just wanted to add to my game count. /damnyougabe

Edit: Is there an ETA on the Face Kick bundle? They've been taking pre-orders for weeks now.

Pre-ordered Risen 2: Dark Waters, guess I'm in balls deep now. Stallion's vague posting about the beta didn't make it an easy purchase but I loved the fuck out of the first Risen and I've still got high hopes for Dark Waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom