• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
You bought it? I'm kinda in the mood for a dumb hack'n'slash and I've been looking at Blades of Time and thinking it might do. Is it enjoyable? All opinions are wellcome.

The real question is whether or not Blades of Time is a better game than Garshasp, the greatest hack'n'slash of all time.

1-D_FTW

Meh, I won't support Codemasters making Dirt games focused on modes I mostly despise for anymore than 15$.

Dirt 4 better be 100% rally/trailblazing if gymkhana can get it's own spinoff.

I actually thought Showdown was going to be a 15 dollar DD title. Game be bombing so hard.

I find it depressing the game is 37 bucks with a 10 percent discount and a group discount. F1 2010 (which had an expensive license) released at 39.99 and with the pre-order discount was 35.99. I guess it's better than 49.99 and no pre-order discount (which they've been pulling of late), but it's still kind of a joke. Especially when you consider the shallow and limited scope of the game.

The real question is whether or not Blades of Time is a better game than Garshasp, the greatest hack'n'slash of all time.

Mock me all you want, I'm still somewhat interested in Blades of Time. :p

I need something to distract me while I wait for my new laptop to replay My Favorite Game Ever TM (AKA The Witcher 2).

Dizzy-4U

Mock me all you want, I'm still somewhat interested in Blades of Time. :p

I need something to distract me while I wait for my new laptop to replay My Favorite Game Ever TM (AKA The Witcher 2).
I was going to wait till the price drop but fuck it, just bought it. I will post some screenshots soon.

It's a 3.2gb install btw.

Wok

I was going to wait till the price drop but fuck it, just bought it. I will post some screenshots soon.

It's a 3.2gb install btw.

Please select some nice screenshots of "Ayumi, the gorgeous gun and sword-wielding treasure hunter".

Oh, I'm on board the Blades of Time train, it looks like a passable hack n' slash action rpg but that video of the constant wooden, detached narration by the protagonist is hilarious and what pushed me to buy it. Blades of Time looks like Deadly Premonitions 2.0, I can't wait to play it.

Zimbardo

i like me a good hack n slash, and i'm interested in Blades of Time as well.

i just wish the damn demo would download so i could try it out.

Oh geez, I didn't pay attention when I bought Blades of Time last night, I could've started installing it when I went to bed. Didn't even realise it was already out.

ArjanN

Has anyone played Postal III? It can't be *that* bad. I loved Duke Nukem Forever so I'm thinking about a purchase...

Unlike DNF which was average, Postal 3 is just terrible. Even if you have some sort of morbid curiosity I'd say wait until it's on sale for 1 or 2 bucks.

Ledsen

Oh, I'm on board the Blades of Time train, it looks like a passable hack n' slash action rpg but that video of the constant wooden, detached narration by the protagonist is hilarious and what pushed me to buy it. Blades of Time looks like Deadly Premonitions 2.0, I can't wait to play it.

Aside from the fact that DP has legitimately amazing writing/acting, sure.

i like me a good hack n slash, and i'm interested in Blades of Time as well.

i just wish the damn demo would download so i could try it out.

Ive been having this problem as well.

@jaundice, you really don't like the VA? In that trailer, it sounds great to me. A little rasp, not overdone...

I'm on the verge of just buying it. It looks cool visually, and it's not as detestable as X-Blades [re: the character's design].

Pimpbaa

For those willing to take a chance on Blades of Time. Make sure you get the limited edition since it's cheaper and comes with the dlc.

Dizzy-4U

As promised, some Blades of Time screenshots:

It's an ok port. One of the big issues the 360 game had was the framerate and of course it runs super smooth on PC. [url=http://www.abload.de/img/7f0jpd.png]Config options[/URL]

For those using SLI, set the sli compatibility bits to 0x02402005 (which is the same as X-Blades).

Also, there is no v-sync option, though the tearing is not that bad. DON'T FORCE IT THROUGH THE DRIVERS, it will make the game run like ass.

Zimbardo

As promised, some Blades of Time screenshots:

It's an ok port. One of the big issues the 360 game had was the framerate and of course it runs super smooth on PC. [url=http://www.abload.de/img/7f0jpd.png]Config options[/URL]

For those using SLI, set the sli compatibility bits to 0x02402005 (which is the same as X-Blades).

Also, there is no v-sync option, though the tearing is not that bad. DON'T FORCE IT THROUGH THE DRIVERS, it will make the game run like ass.

no in game vsync and enabling it via drivers makes the game run worse?

not a fan of that.

btw, have u tried D3Doverrider?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
no in game vsync and enabling it via drivers makes the game run worse?

not a fan of that.

btw, have u tried D3Doverrider?
nVidia users in that situation can cap framerates through the drivers, IIRC. AMD users in that situation can regret their choice of GPU. And use DXTory, I guess.

hym

Banned
In general I'm a big believer of not judging something before you experienced it but once in a while something comes along that defies belief.

Revelations 2012 showed up on Steam, release is in 2days.

Here is the trailer of the game http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTc7ZPMxFak
It's hard to tell if this is supposed to be a joke, an early 90s gaming spoof or serious.

My question however, is the only reason this ended up on Steam that they licensed the Source Engine? There were some pretty cool games that got rejected by Steam recently and Valve doesn't disclose the reasons, like Syder Arcade and Unepic but then something like Revelations 2012 appears and I end up questioning the kind of guidelines they use.

louiedog

In general I'm a big believer of not judging something before you experienced it but once in a while something comes along that defies belief.

It's hard to tell if this is supposed to be a joke, an early 90s gaming spoof or serious.

My question however, is the only reason this ended up on Steam that they licensed the Source Engine? There were some pretty cool games that got rejected by Steam recently and Valve doesn't disclose the reasons, like Syder Arcade and Unepic but then something like Revelations 2012 appears and I end up questioning the kind of guidelines they use.

Experience the future. Now!

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Wishlisted the shit out of this awesome game.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

what?

seriously, what the hell?

Rufus

Reminds me of Xotic and Dungeon Defenders. Or: How to make your game look like it's using a 16-colour pallete.

ShaneB

Is Steam's video player awful for anyone else? Feels like everything I watch stutters and brings Steam to a halt. Just tried to watch the Retro City Rampage cereal trailer, and everything just stopped responding altogether.

1-D_FTW

Looks like a killer 3rd party exclusive for the N64. Gonna sell some consoles.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Any suggestions for horror games that aren't Amnesia?

They're not too far removed from Amnesia (same dev, same style of game), but the Penumbra series is worth a look. I still need to finish up the first one, but it's really spooky and atmospheric and the sequels are supposed to be even better.

If there are any other good, real horror games on Steam, I'd love to know as well.

Any suggestions for horror games that aren't Amnesia?

Penumbra series.

They're not too far removed from Amnesia (same dev, same style of game), but the Penumbra series is worth a look. I still need to finish up the first one, but it's really spooky and atmospheric and the sequels are supposed to be even better.

If there are any other good, real horror games on Steam, I'd love to know as well.

Beatn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom