• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I dunno guys, GFWL has never done anything wrong by me.

I mean, it burnt my house down and killed my dog, but it left the sanctity of my butthole mostly intact.

Rufus

I <3 Puzzle Dimension. It was my podcast game for a while.

I don't remember enough to give a lot specific tips, but working backwards from whatever goal (any given flower, or the exit) helped me a lot. If there are blocks that disappear in the level, try to make as few of them disappear as possible, because you'll need them to get back or to set up other jumps. Same for switches. You can screw yourself over with those, so think about how they affect your route. And don't sweat the hidden blocks too much, they seem more intimidating than they are.

Need help real quick guys.

I downloaded World in Conflict and the expansion Soviet Assault last year and haven't gotten around to playing them yet.

I recently tried playing World in Conflict, and it keeps loading Soviet Assault instead. Every time.

Can I delete the games and reinstall them again? I don't have to buy them again right?

ShaneB

And he tried to blame it on the enemy shooting him on the runway : )

Youtube comment

Just picturing 3 guys stuffed in a cockpit frantically thumbing through a manual trying to figure out how to eject before they smash into the ground makes the video 100 x better.

I only watched about 20 minutes before deciding I should get to bed, did skip to the ending to see more hilarity. Great video.

Also, after installing Arkham City, I see the 5 machine limit nonsense. Lame. I guess it's not a huge deal since I don't really have 5 machines, but it's the first instance of DRM that has really stuck out to me with my Steam purchases.

Ardvent

I found a program the other night that cleans the crap from your steam game installtions (redist, temp files, etc.). I'm pretty sure I got the link from GAF, it was hosted on google code, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet!

I think it was something like, SteamCleaner, or SteamCondenser (or SteamKondensor).

Edit: Found it! TikiOne-Steam-Cleaner http://steamcleaner.tikione.fr/en/

stuminus3

Is Transformers worth the price?
Remember that bit in the 1986 Transformers: The Movie where Optimus Prime charges into battle in truck form then he jumps up and transforms into robot form while shooting the crap out of the Decepticons around him from mid-air (the bit where "the Touch" is playing)?

You can do that in WFC. It's cool.

catabarez

Remember that bit in the 1986 Transformers: The Movie where Optimus Prime charges into battle in truck form then he jumps up and transforms into robot form while shooting the crap out of the Decepticons around him from mid-air (the bit where "the Touch" is playing)?

I might be disappointed by the rest of the game, but I neeeeeed this.

Echoplx

The flying missions felt so boss when you swooped in transformed melee killed an enemy then flew away.

It's not perfect but it has plenty of awesome moments.

YOU GOT THE TOUCH

YOU GOT THE POWERRRRRRR

YEAH

Stitch

Gold Member
I found a program the other night that cleans the crap from your steam game installtions (redist, temp files, etc.). I'm pretty sure I got the link from GAF, it was hosted on google code, but I can't find it anywhere on the internet!

I think it was something like, SteamCleaner, or SteamCondenser (or SteamKondensor).

That's awesome. I already deleted lot's of this stuff manually but the program still deleted 3565.04 MB :D

Weenerz

Banned
What was the name of the application that allows you to move steam games to another hard drive? I don't want to fill my SSD up.

goodfella

Wow, thanks a lot, I'm running out of space on my hard drive.

Acidote

Hey guys, is there a simple way to have Steam games on two different units? I want to place TF2 on my SSD for a while.

sixclaws

Banned
Orion is out. Who wants to take the plunge and report back?

I bought it and so far have put in 14 minutes and the game is really something. I so far haven't been able to find an online game so I've been playing single player and things are not looking good. First off you don't have any A.I. partners, unless there is some hidden option somewhere to add them, but considering the game options are so sparse I doubt it. The only fun part so far is that for some reasons sometimes when I kill the raptors they ragdoll into the air. I'll play some more later and update if my opinion changes any.

Edit: Sounds like the wrong version might have been uploaded to Steam, according to the Steam forums people are saying that the game is supposed to be 1.4 gb, but most people including myself have a download of ~700mb. It would explain why the raptors' jump animation is so terrible and why whenever I connect to a game it quits out.

JordanKZ

Amazing. I just got back 14GB from that!

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking GFWL won't lemme play Batman. Is this a known problem? entered my data, key, and get a connection error.

Im_Special

CCleaner can do this very thing with the custom Winapp2.ini

[Steam DirectX Installers*]
LangSecRef=3021
Detect=HKCU\Software\Valve\Steam
Warning=Only run this entry AFTER you have launched all of your steam games at least once, as they will not be able to properly load for the first time without these files. After the first launch, however, these files become useless.
Default=False
FileKey1=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\*\*\Dependencies|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey2=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\*\*\Prerequisites|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey3=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\*\*\directx|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey4=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\*\*\Install|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey5=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\steamapps\*\*\Installs|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey6=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\*\*\redist|*.*|RECURSE
FileKey7=%ProgramFiles%\Steam\Steamapps\*\*\installers|*.*|RECURSE

That what it cleans.

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Sweet, I always thought about this. I don't need the same .NET Framework repeated for every game I have installed - I just never bothered to delete them.

This application does exactly that. Awesomeness.

mrgone

-gangsta-1305631388.jpg

TikiOne-Steam-Cleaner saved me 8gb!

Jomjom

Banned
Regarding the steamcleaner program. Can I delete everything it finds or are there certain things that, if deleted, will cause the game to malfunction? I am a total amateur about this stuff, but I would love to clear some space on my HD.

It deletes some things necessary for first time boot, afterwards which just sit around.

So if you just select all, make sure you have launched said games at least once, otherwise you won't be able to play said game until after another validation (which itself creates these files).

The files themselves are in that posted config above a couple of posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom