• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I bought Arkham City for $25 during the Thanksgiving sale on Origin. I never played it much due to the broken DirectX 11 support. Did that ever get fixed? If it did, I may just buy this again to have a Steam copy.

Firebrand

The DotA 2 thing STILL isn't fixed. I was in a League of Legends game, DotA 2 suddenly started updating, my hard drive started grinding solid, and it took like 30 seconds to even get ctrl-alt-delete to work or bring up the task manager (I don't think ctrl-shift-escape worked either).
Yeah, Dota 2 causes some serious hard drive chugging when it's updating for me as well, was an issue when I was playing Mass Effect 3 outside of Steam.

chixdiggit

I bought Arkham City for $25 during the Thanksgiving sale on Origin. I never played it much due to the broken DirectX 11 support. Did that ever get fixed? If it did, I may just buy this again to have a Steam copy.

I bought my copy at launch and still can't play. I get a crash during a cut scene right after the opening sequence controlling cat woman.

x3sphere

It got fixed like a few weeks after launch I think? I did a playthrough in January and had no problems on an HD6970. The DX11 is rather demanding though so you need a beefy card.

I should be in bed... but I've watched 2 minutes and it's already hilarious.

edit: and now shit's on fire. LOL

And he tried to blame it on the enemy shooting him on the runway : )

Youtube comment

For some reason i imagine 3 guys tightly packed inside that cockpit like a cartoon trying to fly it on a weekend.

frag971 1 day ago

Just picturing 3 guys stuffed in a cockpit frantically thumbing through a manual trying to figure out how to eject before they smash into the ground makes the video 100 x better.

Wok

I gave up on like the third world. It is a damn hard game.

I have checked my achievements and I stopped before completing 100 % of World 4 (Shifting Sands), yet I remember unlocking World 5 (Hidden Blocks). There are ten worlds, it seems hard to complete.

I couldn't pass up the Arkham City deal. I've had the retail copy in my drive for about five months lol

Now I can go back and enjoy it again. My ONLY issue, I bought all of the DLC along with it except for the Skins because I used a custom skin set, but I can't get the challenge maps, Robin, or Nightwing DLC to enable in game. Anyone have any clue?

Salsa

Holy crap Alan Wake is awesome and it looks fucking fantastic. Best looking game i've played in a while. The atmosphere is amazing.

Playing it hooked to the tv sitting in my bed with a 360 pad as Remedy intended lololol

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Holy crap Alan Wake is awesome and it looks fucking fantastic. Best looking game i've played in a while. The atmosphere is amazing.

Playing it hooked to the tv sitting in my bed with a 360 pad as Remedy intended lololol

That was Microsoft. ;) When you reach Alan's apartment, decode the QR image if you can (or look it up if you can't).

Salsa

I knew it was MS! wasnt trying to imply it was Remedy's decision, but rather that MS had that to say about the game as if Remedy designed it around that

I saw the QR, took out my phone but went "meh i'll search it online"

then i remembered i already heard about it, pretty awesome

edit: what's the one at the start in one of the signs?

Thrakier

Welcome to the best hiking simulation out there. Be ready to fall asleep in 3,2,1...

SmokinDan

Played some Puzzle Dimension (working my way through my backlog). I really enjoyed it. But, wow, if this game doesn't make me feel like an idiot most of the time. How do I get stuck on the first series of levels? Oh well, it is still beautiful and runs like butter and the music is catchy.

8/10 would buy again.
HvTK5l.jpg

Everyone should get this. It's only $3 now, too, down from $10.

Just be aware that you need to be into spatial puzzlers otherwise it will break your brain.

I got about 15 hours just solving things normally and about another 10 working out how to unpixelate everything.

I'm like 300 points off the last achievement :(

So no one knows how to enable the DLC in Arkham City? I assumed it worked like the rest of the games on Steam. I'm just not seeing the extra Challenges, Robin, or Nightwing content in the game :(

So no one knows how to enable the DLC in Arkham City? I assumed it worked like the rest of the games on Steam. I'm just not seeing the extra Challenges, Robin, or Nightwing content in the game :(

You need to register the codes on GFWL. It's a complete fucking mess. Check the Steam forum for the game.

MNC

I got the catwoman DLC activated instantly; I got one of those videocard codes. I had to play with an offline account though; my saves kept messing up thanks to GFWL...

Javaman

With the Sega classics, if you own several packs do they all show up under the same launcher? Also, is the 360 pad supported well?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have checked my achievements and I stopped before completing 100 % of World 4 (Shifting Sands), yet I remember unlocking World 5 (Hidden Blocks). There are ten worlds, it seems hard to complete.

Yeah, worlds unlock before you 100% the previous one. I was able to finish Shifting Sands and that last puzzle really broke me.

Played some Puzzle Dimension (working my way through my backlog). I really enjoyed it. But, wow, if this game doesn't make me feel like an idiot most of the time. How do I get stuck on the first series of levels? Oh well, it is still beautiful and runs like butter and the music is catchy.

8/10 would buy again.
HvTK5l.jpg

Holy shit, I always regretted not buying Kula World for the PSX after spending hours playing a demo again and again as a kid...

So wishlisted, I don't care if I can't finish it. Will pick it up during the Summer Sale.

After spending 5 minutes in the Arkham City Steam forums, I decided to wait for the GOTY edition.

SecuROM, installation limits, online GFWL account and a mess to register DLCs? No thanks.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Holy shit, I always regretted not buying Kula World for the PSX after spending hours playing a demo again and again as a kid...

So wishlisted, I don't care if I can't finish it. Will pick it up during the Summer Sale.

Really gotta wait for a sale on a $3/£2 game? Fuck that I'ma buy this today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom