• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

He was probably nailing something together using his lap as temporary staging.

I think we all need to hear this story.

In which case, he's damn lucky it was only his femur that got nailed and not anything higher.

I used to work at a place that built boat trailers. I worked in the area where we stacked them for shipping. I would have to climb all around the stack nailing 4x4 blocks of wood in strategic spots to keep the trailers from sliding around on top of each other. When I jumped down off of a stack the hose got caught on something and when I landed on the ground it yanked the air line just perfect for the nose of the gun to hit my femur as I landed in a crouch.

Only the head of the nail was above the skin so I had to spend the entire time with my leg bent like I landed or it would have pulled the head of the nail under the skin. Once they started the work it took the doctors 40 minutes to get it out. They had to get a guy in maintenance to weld a piece of plate metal to the top of a pair of vicegrips. Then they clamped the vicegrips on the head of the nail and hit the plate with a hammer until the nail came out.

oKvpR.gif

Damn it!
So, does GOG give refunds? lol

:lol

Joe Molotov

Soundtrack/video/pdf book are listed under "special offer" so I'm assuming they're both the same. I feel silly for getting the CE now lol

Actually, the soundtrack, videos, and pdf are only in the collector's edition. They're the only additions to the collector's edition. No extra gameplay stuff, so don't worry about that.

Blizzard

Banned
And now we know why not to climb/jump with a nailgun.

My uncle was working on a dock on a little lake and for whatever reason was using a chainsaw to cut the ends off boards or something. Apparently the chainsaw got caught and kicked off the board and sawed a gash in the side of his leg. He didn't yell or anything, he was just like "I need help over here" before he got driven to the hospital or whatever. Respect. =/

Des0lar

will learn eventually
LOL was annoying a friend about portal 2 midweek

I was like "lol its gunna be alan wake liek gog"

AND IT WAS

Now to question wether I buy it or not. No doubt it's gonna be 50% after a while.

RULE No1 FOR BACKLOGGERS. If you will not play it within x Days, do not buy it.

So alas, alan wake, I shan't buy you.

Yep, my brain says "BUYBUYBUY" but I know I won't play it till summer and it could be cheaper during the summer sale. No buy!

And now we know why not to climb/jump with a nailgun.

My uncle was working on a dock on a little lake and for whatever reason was using a chainsaw to cut the ends off boards or something. Apparently the chainsaw got caught and kicked off the board and sawed a gash in the side of his leg. He didn't yell or anything, he was just like "I need help over here" before he got driven to the hospital or whatever. Respect. =/

Honestly it didn't really hurt. Chainsaws terrify me though. A chainsaw and lathe are the 2 tools that terrify me more than any other.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So, the question now is: Buy it now or wait for the Summer Sale?

The game is $19.99. The Steam summer sale would either be 66% off (the current price) or 75% off (5.00). On the other hand, if you're sure you're not going to play it until then, it's always better to buy later than now.

Gav47

Alan Wake is a fantastic game, remedy did a great job porting it and listening to community request with updates. Buy it, I can't imagine it'll go to 75% off during the summer sale.

eek5

Alan Wake is a fantastic game, remedy did a great job porting it and listening to community request with updates. Buy it, I can't imagine it'll go to 75% off during the summer sale.

I think they're talking about Portal up above.

eek5

So the MW3 map pack has hit #1 in an hour. Ugh.

3 of the 4 maps in the pack are good (2 of them are probably better than all the maps that came with the game imo) and the spec ops missions are alright. If they're playing a lot of MW3, the map pack will add a lot of life to MP for only $15

People buy content for a game they play often and enjoy. I don't see what is "ughh" about that.

It's much better than buying a lot of Gaf approved titles and never touching them.

LOL. You are quite obsessed with my playing time on Steam, I see =P

And what is ugh about it is that its $15 for a few maps for a game that has been done, redone, and done over, allowing IW to continue putting out the same game over and over and over again. But hey man, keep watching my playing time or lack there of. I'm quite honored you're keeping tabs.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
LOL. You are quite obsessed with my playing time on Steam, I see =P

And what is ugh about it is that its $15 for a few maps for a game that has been done, redone, and done over, allowing IW to continue putting out the same game over and over and over again. But hey man, keep watching my playing time or lack there of. I'm quite honored you're keeping tabs.
Anyone can guess that, there is no need to actually check your playtimes.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
The game is $19.99. The Steam summer sale would either be 66% off (the current price) or 75% off (5.00). On the other hand, if you're sure you're not going to play it until then, it's always better to buy later than now.

That's kinda my point: I don't think I'll play it before the Summer Sale.

However, the last time I did that was with Dead Rising 2, when it was 10 bucks. I didn't buy it because I wasn't going to play it right away. It never became 10 bucks ever again - always 15.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hmm, wondering if AW's goodies on the GOG version are worth buying it now. I can easily hold on playing it for a good time and I kinda want it on Steam, but those making of videos are tempting.

Decisions, decisions. Eh, I think I'll just buy Diablo :p

edit: anyone interested in my extra Nation Red copy just shout. First quote gets it.

FEAR 3 is awesome

Hmm, wondering if AW's goodies on the GOG version are worth buying it now. I can easily hold on playing it for a good time and I kinda want it on Steam, but those making of videos are tempting.

Decisions, decisions. Eh, I think I'll just buy Diablo :p

edit: anyone interested in my extra Nation Red copy just shout. First quote gets it.

Can I have it for a friend? I already own it but there's someone I want to play it with.

Edit: I appreciate this is very cheeky, probably best to give it to someone it'll be new to.

The entire Fear series, I think, is great. Even the expansions. But the first one is still the best in my eyes because 2 and 3 don't quite capture the atmosphere that the first one did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom