• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomsk

Party Pooper
I'm actually fairly bummed out that Vin Diesel Wheelman was taken down. It's been the running joke of previous Steam sales between my circle of friends, but I never actually grabbed it, thinking I'd wait for the next sale. I actually thought the Xbox demo was silly fun.

And now it's gone. Sorry Vin.

They removed it from the Gamefly Digital Unlimited PC Play as well

I kept meaning to try it since it was free and never got around to it

=/

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What's the diff between the Beta Garry's Mod to the current Garry's Mod?

I mean - they're planning to update the old GM?

Jzero

Guys can anyone help me? i purchased Portal 2 yesterday but when i open it it says: Can't find title image materials/vgui/portal2logo.vtf

Never mind, just restarted Steam and it worked.

masterkajo

I know that it is not an exact science but does anyone know when the steam summer sale 2012 is to be expected? Early June, late June, early July? It is just that I have to plan my final university exam (so I can go out in the real world and start working) and right now I don't want it to conflict with the steam sule. Had such a plast last summer and this winter. Thanks!

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I know that it is not an exact science but does anyone know when the steam summer sale 2012 is to be expected? Early June, late June, early July? It is just that I have to plan my final university exam (so I can go out in the real world and start working) and right now I don't want it to conflict with the steam sule. Had such a plast last summer and this winter. Thanks!

Last year was June 30th through July 10th. So it'll probably around the same time.

I just finished Gemini Rue. Aside from all the problems I had with AGS, it was a great game with a deep story.

I'll probably check the Blackwell series now. Legacy is the first one right?

zkylon

zkylewd
I just finished Gemini Rue. Aside from all the problems I had with AGS, it was a great game with a deep story.

I'll probably check the Blackwell series now. Legacy is the first one right?
Yup. Don't go in expecting the same level of quality as Gemini Rue, though. I really liked the first Blackwell game, but the following two killed my interested really fast, specially Convergence.

Madridy

A Contest:

Download this music track: Track of unknown game

Listen to that track carefully and try to guess which game it belongs to. The winner will be the first one who answers with the correct name of that game.

Reward:
1x Copy of:
header_292x136.jpg

Hints:
  • The game is part of a series created by Mr.X
  • Mr.X made another game last gen which was considered a failure probably because of time constraints.
  • It is probably a Japanese developed game.

Note:
I don't know the answer. So the winner must provide proof that this track does indeed belong to the game included in his answer. (a link to the OST or a Youtube vid is sufficient)

Thanks and have fun.

HoosTrax

I have no idea what that is, but it does sound very Japanese-y. The beginning part, with the ominous orchestral thing, sounds similar in style to Safer Sephiroth / One Wing Angel, which was composed by Nobuo Uematsu. I don't know off the top of my head other Japanese composers who have that style, much more familiar with the PC music scene.

Yup. Don't go in expecting the same level of quality as Gemini Rue, though. I really liked the first Blackwell game, but the following two killed my interested really fast, specially Convergence.

Thanks for the answer. I'm kinda disappointed to hear it's not as good as Gemini Rue, but I'll see if it keeps me engaged enough to play the whole trilogy.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I have no idea what that is, but it does sound very Japanese-y. The beginning part, with the ominous orchestral thing, sounds similar in style to Safer Sephiroth / One Wing Angel, which was composed by Nobuo Uematsu. I don't know off the top of my head other Japanese composers who have that style, much more familiar with the PC music scene.

Yeah, it definitely sounds like a battle theme from a JRPG, but I have no idea what it is. I already own Frozen Synapse so whatever.

zkylon

zkylewd
Thanks for the answer. I'm kinda disappointed to hear it's not as good as Gemini Rue, but I'll see if it keeps me engaged enough to play the whole trilogy.
There's actually a fourth Blackwell game (I don't know if it's on Steam, but you can get it from Wadjet Eye's own site), but I haven't played it. The format is like a few cases per game that all have some connection to a bigger storyline, so that's kinda cool.

And just to clarify, Gemini Rue was made by a different developer entirely, with assistance from Wadjet Eye, but story and design were made by another guy.

Xanathus

I thought it was from one of the Drakengard games, but after listening to the start of every song in their OSTs, it doesn't seem to be that.

epmode

For what it's worth, I think the Blackwell series is significantly better than Gemini Rue. GR has atmosphere and style but the characters and story are mostly flat.

Blackwell starts slowly. Outside of the excellent music, Legacy isn't all that impressive. Thankfully, the developers learn from their mistakes and I find the 3rd and 4th games among the best adventure releases in the last few years. It's all in the writing.

Some advice: Turn off the voice acting in Legacy. Later games are better in that respect. There's even a few legitimately good performances!

cj_iwakura

Question all, is there no way to play Steam games offline? :( My desktop has no internet right now, and it's not letting me run anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom