• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you think triggered it? I help a lot of people from other regions buy games and I'm always worried that someday I'm going to get locked out of my account for it.

Nabs

man this is getting annoying
can't access my Steam Community Page or Website.
can't trade
now I can't even redeem gifts.

anyone got some idea?

Steam support ticket (sent one) is taking some time and their first response wasn't any helpful.

:/

Have you tried logging in on another computer/connection?

1-D_FTW

I think your logic here is flawed...a giftcard is money, money buys things. But i will go investigate.

Some stores want you spending that money in their store. They don't want you transferring that sale to someone else. Once they've locked the money onto the books, they do their best to make sure it's spent there. And I mean on things with mark ups and profit margins... not gift cards.

Some stores want you spending that money in their store. They don't want you transferring that sale to someone else. Once they've locked the money onto the books, they do their best to make sure it's spent there. And I mean on things with mark ups and profit margins... not gift cards.

Then i will buy the steam card from gamestop.com if it is offered online.

Salsa

alan wake is fuckin fantastic and i dont have anything bad to say about it other than bothersome product placement. if you are deciding wether to get it or not: decide yes, right now. didnt bore me for a second.

ElRenoRaven

FEAR 3 is mine...:) first time on GameFly for me, really easy(with a mexican debit card is a surprise..but now i need FEAR 2 XO

PD: Longshot...Someone had the first two games to trade? i already played the first one but i remember a very good shotgun slow motion fest

Just found out about this today. The deal is still up too. Just picked it up myself. Easy enough. The key activates on steam easily.

MRORANGE

John

Looks like we lost one guys.

shintoki i think you'd better leave >:[

thisisyou.gif

Nabs

Trying to buy Alan Wake with enough money using my Steam Wallet, I keep getting this error:

WHYYYYYYYYYY
http://i.minus.com/iblYAFgbOTcn2N.png[/IMG]

Were you able to get around this?

edit: Tropico 4 Free Weekend incoming. On sale for $13.59. DLC is also 66% off.

The other Tropico games are also on sale.

Kabouter

Love Tropico 4. Accessible and fun city builder with a great campaign. The Modern Times add-on offers another lengthy and excellent campaign. I would say none of the smaller DLC is worth it though.

dLMN8R

Apparently Torchlight 2 preorders give access to the beta. Can anyone confirm that?

I checked yesterday and I don't have access to the beta, but maybe that's changed in the last day?

Also, I was gifted Torchlight II through a 4-pack, so if this is the case, maybe the beta only goes to the person who made the actual purchase.

Eusis

Considering Company of Heroes mainly so I have a non-GameFly/D2D copy, much like Bioshock. But then I barely played it, so maybe it wouldn't really be my thing?

Madridy

A Contest:

Download this music track: Track of unknown game

Listen to that track carefully and try to guess which game it belongs to. The winner will be the first one who answers with the correct name of that game.

Reward:
1x Copy of:
header_292x136.jpg

Hints:
  • The game is part of a series created by Mr.X
  • Mr.X made another game last gen which was considered a failure probably because of time constraints.
  • It is probably a Japanese developed game.

Note:
I don't know the answer. So the winner must provide proof that this track does indeed belong to the game included in his answer. (a link to the OST or a Youtube vid is sufficient)

Thanks and have fun.

Anyone :p

HoosTrax

I liked the singleplayer campaigns in Opposing Fronts, so I would recommend it. Be warned that the voice acting for the Panzergrenadier commander is absolutely horrific though. No complaints about the voice acting for the Brits though.

Tales of Valor, I wasn't totally keen on. It has the weakest campaigns of the three games imho, sort of like the third installment of the Dawn of War II series (Retribution).

PaulLFC

Apparently Torchlight 2 preorders give access to the beta. Can anyone confirm that?
Nothing for me. I would hope anyone who's preordered will get into the beta at some point before the game's out though, would be a nice way of saying thanks for giving them the money before release.

Wok

Dambrosi

Banned
I had access to the beta but could not launch it because of some gaphic incompatibility or some error message of this kind.
I never even managed to play a single game, thanks to lobby troubles. Great music while waiting, though.

You'd have thought that issues like that would've been sorted out before the Beta test, since even in a closed beta, it would look bad.

The Company of Heroes Bundle is about 9GB for all three. When I purchased it Steam wanted to download all three at 9GB a piece! I canceled them and just started the first which included the second then Tales of Valor was only 100mb. They are all integrated anyway from the main menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom