• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what the best steam bragging right is? Not the the number of games, O no.

It's Member since: September 16, 2004 for me, I don't know why but it's the first thing I check even before game count when I'm scoping new friends out.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
You know what the best steam bragging right is? Not the the number of games, O no.

It's Member since: September 16, 2004 for me, I don't know why but it's the first thing I check even before game count when I'm scoping new friends out.

You're a year late for those bragging rights. =p

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
My original account is from 2005 and I believe it had about 3 games on it. Then I took a long break from Steam for some reason and came back with a vengeance when a GAF thread tempted me with a winter sale.

Nelo Ice

Banned

Not sure why I waited till October but... Oct 4, 2003, it's the one stat I have that I beat most people on my friends list with lol.

I remember having to begrudgingly creating a Steam account when Day of Defeat 1.3 switched over from the WON servers to Steam. My account dates back to 2003 as well. Half-Life 2/Day of Defeat Source/Counter-Stike Source was my first and only digital purchase for years and years. I think I bought TF2 in one of the first Steam sales and it's been all downhill from there.

inky

My original account is from 2005 and I believe it had about 3 games on it. Then I took a long break from Steam for some reason and came back with a vengeance when a GAF thread tempted me with a winter sale.

And now you own every game there is :p

kennah

Bahaha, I still have my highschool hotmail account attached to my account. I shall have my youth following me into my golden years. :)

Haha, my Steam is linked to my old hotmail account as well. The only thing it's used for.

Though that said, I still have my first email address - 18 years later.

Bahaha, I still have my highschool hotmail account attached to my account. I shall have my youth following me into my golden years. :)

Lol nice, and same here with the highschool hotmail account!

iirc the reason why mine isn't earlier is because I was staunchly against it until hl2 forced me.

I feel good, September 15th 2003.

And Have had it linked to my old ass Hotmail account as well, definitely at least 15 years with that account to. I should change that.

I didn't join Steam until January 2009. I was really against all types of DRM and refused to use the service. I've seen the error of my ways, obviously.

Baha

re: Dynamite Jack

So I just played through 5 levels of Dynamite Jack and I must say that I quite like it. The game so far is like a bomberman version of the soliton radar system from the metal gear solid games. The enemy vision cones are instead their flashlights so you can pretty much run around them as long as they don't see you. The leader board system opens up a web page in the steam overlay which is kinda odd but the game does automatically record your score per level regardless of whether you use their galcon.com account login or not (I didn't) so that's nice. The learning curve doesn't appear to be steep as once you figure out a level you can breeze through it pretty quickly. If you have $4 to burn and are looking for a quick fix, then I recommend it. Also a built in map creator and community map support is also nice.

Oh and destructible environments (the cave tiles at least) allow for alternate routes to the level exit.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think the more important question to ask is how many games do you actually played(Have several hours in, like 5), to how many games remain unplayed. Was thinking of making a thread about since game lenght is always an issue, but seeing so many accounts with hundred+ titles and only a handful of games with any sort of time played.

Anyways, July 1, 2007.

Wok

I think the more important question to ask is how many games do you actually played(Have several hours in, like 5), to how many games remain unplayed. Was thinking of making a thread about since game lenght is always an issue, but seeing so many accounts with hundred+ titles and only a handful of games with any sort of time played.

I am quite good at playing my backlog. I have started using Steam two years ago ; out of 210 games owned, I have played:
  • for at least 5 hours each a total of 50 games,
  • for at least 2 hours each a total of 96 games.

alba

Little is the new Big
I'm sure I registered on HL2 day 1 but somehow shows me as 13 :( Pfff, not fair xD September 13, 2003 !

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Games (1,249)
6pBTF.gif

September 28, 2009.

I registered because I wanted to install Empire Total War, a present from my girlfriend. I hated the fact that I had to play the game using a "stupid program that sells games to you". I also hated the fact Steam didn't install the game from the DVDs but it downloaded everything - "why did I buy the DVDs then"?

I gave up a few days later, didn't really like the game, and uninstalled Steam immediately. Then on February 2010 I decided to log in again, and since it was my account, take care of it, so I reinstalled Steam and now I have 179 games in my account.

Acidote

Original account: September 19, 2003
The account I'm using now: November 19, 2004

In the end, who cares. Just enjoy Steam offers, it doesn't matter if you started years ago or if you have to start yet.

And by the way, next year will be Steam's tenth anniversary. I'm terrified of the sale they could make celebrating it.

I had a day 1 account but I screwed up when I installed HL2 and had them on 2 separate accounts. So I just gave away the account with HL1, blue shift, opposing force, dod, cs 1.6 on it.

I'm not surprised at how many people here have 5 digit accounts. As soon as you could install the client and register i was on it and still ended up with an account in the 30,000 range.

yamo

April 20, 2008

Always been a PC gamer at heart but didn't really buy in to the whole digital distribution thing until lately. I also think I have some older steam account from 2004-2005 but I never really used it or bought any games for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom