• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBasch

I'm seriously too stupid to play Portal. I remember being on a streak once, getting to a certain level, spent like 30 minutes trying to figure it out and never played it again. Why? Beats me. I just finished Half Life this year despite having it in my account since 2008.

I'm seriously too stupid to play Portal. I remember being on a streak once, getting to a certain level, spent like 30 minutes trying to figure it out and never played it again. Why? Beats me. I just finished Half Life this year despite having it in my account since 2008.

How long were you stuck?

Portal 2 is easier in some respects.

Weenerz

Banned
Too bad GMG sucks balls, I tried paying with my paypal, they say the paypal email must match the email in my GMG profile, so I change it and then they say that I have used that paypal on another account and it won't let me.

MNC

Oh fuck, I am stupid......

I just realized they meant [ and ] not some button called and.

LOL oh god this is hilarious

^

GMG is awesome with their credit, it's the only webstore I use that makes me get credit pretty easily. They mostly have cheaper prices since that's their thing: if there's any Digital Download version of a game that's cheaper than GMG, they'll beat it. Too bad they don't allow gifting/prices are $=€.

wilflare

Too bad GMG sucks balls, I tried paying with my paypal, they say the paypal email must match the email in my GMG profile, so I change it and then they say that I have used that paypal on another account and it won't let me.

had the same problem. gave up

Blizzard

Banned
Hmm...I kinda want to grab Skyrim....haven't played any Elder Scrolls game (Though I have played the modern Fallouts)
Everyone presumably has different opinions. I wasn't interested in Skyrim, never played an Elder Scrolls game, and I guess I didn't care much/get very far with Fallout 3, yet I was super drawn into Skyrim and loved the world etc. once I actually tried it.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I Open Steam

I See Bunch of Heroes is yesterday's daily deal.

I click it.

You already own Bunch of Heroes

wat?

I click it on my library to install it

91 MINUTES PLAYED

wat?

Edit: Oh wait, it was one of the Christmas achievement games. nvm.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Everyone presumably has different opinions. I wasn't interested in Skyrim, never played an Elder Scrolls game, and I guess I didn't care much/get very far with Fallout 3, yet I was super drawn into Skyrim and loved the world etc. once I actually tried it.

I guess I'm the only one who was pretty fine with Skyrim but the longer I play it the more I realized how dull, empty it was (people claim Oblivion is empty - I say the same with Skyrim). The population are boring and uninteresting. The quests are not properly crafted. etc.

Can anyone from UK or US help me to get the Max Payne bundle (MP1 not avaiable in my country, MP2 is cut).
I can't paypal or something and I only have 9,50€ in my steam wallet which I can use to buy and trade a game you want for that price.

MNC

Steam Rating: 10

Playing time: 44 hrs past 2 weeks

640 games

back when HL2 came out i barely used the internet and i have no idea what username/password i used. I know i had something else in the account (i think counter strike) though

true account came much later after upgrading my aging pc on 2009

That game count... how many have you finished?

Hmm...I kinda want to grab Skyrim....haven't played any Elder Scrolls game (Though I have played the modern Fallouts)

If you want a story driven RPG, then you should choose something else. If you want the best open world RPG´s, this or Fallout: New Vegas are your best bets.

Nabs

I Open Steam

I See Bunch of Heroes is yesterday's daily deal.

I click it.

You already own Bunch of Heroes

wat?

I click it on my library to install it

91 MINUTES PLAYED

wat?

Edit: Oh wait, it was one of the Christmas achievement games. nvm.

Are you sure you want to waste your bandwidth?

So I just completed Bastion for the second this in a row. What a little master piece.

Anything I must play on Steam Mac ? My favorite games on Mac are Bastion, Atom Zombie Smasher and Torchlight (I have Humble Bundles 1, 2 and 3)

Dustforce ? Botanicula ? Lone Survivor ? Titan Attack ? Oil Rush ? Hack Slash Loot ?

Zimbardo

So I just completed Bastion for the second this in a row. What a little master piece.

Anything I must play on Steam Mac ? My favorite games on Mac are Bastion, Atom Zombie Smasher and Torchlight (I have Humble Bundles 1, 2 and 3)

Dustforce ? Botanicula ? Lone Survivor ? Titan Attack ? Oil Rush ? Hack Slash Loot ?

Botanicula was really nice, imo.

Hack Slash Loot was kinda crap.

Titans Attack was kinda meh.

haven't played the others.

Been playing some SMNC recently, not going to lie for the tf2 items, but it's really suprised me how fun it is. After playing too much dota 2 recently playing a more hectic, shorter, tf2ier, moba is really refreshing. I'm glad I started playing it.

Play Botanicula. It's a lovely game which is completely overflowing with charm.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've been having too much fun in the Portal 2 editor.

My wish is that we get some kind of competitive multiplayer game from Valve that uses the editor. Teams could vote for a map randomly picked from the workshop, then it is transmitted to everyone. You could then vote down or up once the match is complete.

That would make the eventual Ricochet 2 amazing.

Blizzard

Banned
I've been having too much fun in the Portal 2 editor.

My wish is that we get some kind of competitive multiplayer game from Valve that uses the editor. Teams could vote for a map randomly picked from the workshop, then it is transmitted to everyone. You could then vote down or up once the match is complete.

That would make the eventual Ricochet 2 amazing.
I feel like there's a really clever idea here...I wonder if it could be done in a much smaller form, some sort of minigame almost. Like say, the Warioware games, but each player makes their own puzzle/board/setup/whatever, and then everyone plays on it (individually or multiplayer), and then they're voted on or something. Who knows!

I actually played a pinball mod in Portal 2 yesterday. It was janky as hell, but still amusing.

Speaking of Warioware, there is a Waioware mod for TF2. It gets boring after a few minutes though (just like the Warioware games hiyooooo!)

The video is of the first tf2 warioware, but the only that works right now is the still in development tf2 warioware 2. The first one was hinging on like one bit of code that was changed at one point and it broke the whole thing and no one fixed it for like a whole year, so they built it back up from scratch. I didn't know they were so far along on 2 though, so thanks!

Check out Lone Survivor. For being a 2D game it's pretty creepy. Has an interesting story, awesome soundtrack, and the game is challenging.

Mrbob

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm playing Portal 2 again for the user created maps. I forget the name but I'm currently playing the 12 tough test chambers maps? I finished a couple already, will start some more tonight.

I'm always going to go back to Portal 2 from time to time now to play user maps.

12 Angry Tests. And yeah, those were some incredibly high quality maps that could have been paid DLC (although they weren't made with the in game editor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom