• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPirate

Banned
See, at this point it gets interesting (September 12 are dime a dozen, well almost). I've a 4 digit Steam id, 3222 to be exact. There ain't many around who can beat that but I'm hoping to see some low triple digits by the end of the day :)

You must have been one of those guys waiting up ready to be one of the first!

Not judging you by the way, I was totally ready to do it, but back then....living at home... school the next day, the closest I could have gotten was waking up as early as I could to get an account. I lucked out I suppose because alot of people had trouble accessing the Steam servers. That day was a mess.

Dambrosi

Banned
September 10, 2004. Half-Life Complete. (Then) new PC, wanted a good FPS since I'd never played one before then saw this big ol' four-disc box set for cheap, bought, enjoyed.

Still haven't played Opposing Force. Ought to get to that someday.

Acidote

I had a day 1 account but I screwed up when I installed HL2 and had them on 2 separate accounts. So I just gave away the account with HL1, blue shift, opposing force, dod, cs 1.6 on it.

I'm not surprised at how many people here have 5 digit accounts. As soon as you could install the client and register i was on it and still ended up with an account in the 30,000 range.

That's exactly what happened to me and the reason I have two accounts. And how do you check those digits, I'm curious. I registered the accound the day HL2 was available in Spain, so it must be a high number as it was launched a week later.

DrPirate

Banned
That's exactly what happened to me and the reason I have two accounts. And how do you check those digits, I'm curious. I registered the accound the day HL2 was available in Spain, so it must be a high number as it was launched a week later.

The way I do it, is open Counter-Strike source, and type in "status" and the number should pop up. That's the only method I know of finding it.

See, at this point it gets interesting (September 12 are dime a dozen, well almost). I've a 4 digit Steam id, 3222 to be exact. There ain't many around who can beat that but I'm hoping to see some low triple digits by the end of the day :)
Damn, I'm 3252.
I'm pretty sure we're all minutes, if not seconds apart though. Things were pretty wild that day.

coopolon

Someone should really go through all the Steam threads and figure out just how many times we've cycled through everyone post their steam join dates, everyone post their libraries (these are the worst because it means tons of pictures), how much their accounts are worth, everyone post their steam scores, everyone post their highest and lowest played games, etc.

Rapstah

God damn it, I had an account for the Half-Life 2 demo which must have been in late 2004 and I thought I was using that account, but I only registered in late 2006 for some reason.

Someone should really go through all the Steam threads and figure out just how many times we've cycled through everyone post their steam join dates, everyone post their libraries (these are the worst because it means tons of pictures), how much their accounts are worth, everyone post their steam scores, everyone post their highest and lowest played games, etc.
Pretty much this post or any variation of that picture.

Ironically enough, the only thing missing in the picture is when people post the picture to complain about the cycle, thus becoming part of it.
As I've just done.

Got the Tropico trilogy because I have fond memories of the earlier games from years ago. Is there any major difference between Tropico 3 and 4 that makes 4 worth getting as well?

mrgone

Hey, wasn't there a tool posted at some point that would flip the auto update switch on all games? Every time I turn around now something's updating and killing my bandwidth :( I hope better scheduling's something they're working on as a priority - even something as simple as a Windows Update style notification-before-download system would mean a world of difference.

God damn it, I had an account for the Half-Life 2 demo which must have been in late 2004 and I thought I was using that account, but I only registered in late 2006 for some reason.

I purchases HL2 with my 9800XT and since lost the email the account was registered to. I should probably ask for those few games back (HL2 and Opfor and such, which Igot due to some issues with Steam at the time, I believe) at some point. :')

stufte

You mean there are actually people on here who haven't been a member since "September 12, 2003"?

Though the actual date is much earlier since that doesn't include the beta.

Junior High Hotmail account over here.

September 12, 2003 here

Back when people were throwing an absolute FIT over steam and how they thought it sucked. Oh how times have changed.

Crub

Tropico 4 tells me to press "[ and ]", but I have no clue what that means. D:

95A1AC342A0EF725DCF77D0A07A2242C5A500102

Can someone help me out?

AlexBasch

You don't have those buttons on your keyboard? You just typed them...
To be fair, Binary Domain asked me to press "_", I did and it turns out it was the space bar.

On the topic of Binary Domain, it seems like a fun TPS, but with a seriously horrid default key config (no R for reloading? No sprinting with Shift? No "use" with E? C'mon!) and didn't have a headset to test the voice commands.

wilflare

Steam Rating: 1.2
Playing time: 3.8 hrs past 2 weeks

lol. I should be around more often
finally saw my Community Page again after using a VPN :/

nice to see Tropico 4 on sale. awesome game :D get it guys!

Oreoleo

I just got booted from Dungeon Defenders. I really hate how long the DLC maps are.

I didn't stick with Dungeon Defenders long enough for it to be a huge issue, but the one or two times I got dropped from the game because community went down was absolutely infuriating.

Blizzard

Banned
I didn't stick with Dungeon Defenders long enough for it to be a huge issue, but the one or two times I got dropped from the game because community went down was absolutely infuriating.
Was that because it's an online game? If it drops you in the old always-online-Ubisoft style, that sucks.

Salsa

Steam Rating: 10

Playing time: 44 hrs past 2 weeks

640 games

back when HL2 came out i barely used the internet and i have no idea what username/password i used. I know i had something else in the account (i think counter strike) though

true account came much later after upgrading my aging pc on 2009

Oreoleo

Was that because it's an online game? If it drops you in the old always-online-Ubisoft style, that sucks.

Well, yeah. But it's not like we get kicked off TF2 when community goes down. I don't understand what's going on in the background of DD that it can't be the same way.

Actually, one time I was playing by myself. I don't know if you have the game but when you start up it asks if you want to be on the ranked or unranked server, and this was all on ranked. I guess that's probably why.

kswiston

Has Skyrim ever dropped out of the top 10 best sellers since release? If it has, it must have only been for a day or two. Nuts that it has managed to stay so high on the Steam top sellers chart for six months now.

I wonder how long we will have to wait for a 50% off sale (and by we I mean people who didn't pre-order the game 8 months ago for $5 more than its current sale price).

vall03

is there any realistic chance that we can get eXceed Collection and Cherry Tree High Comedy Club on Steam this month? What's taking Capcom so long?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom