• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balehead

This free Tropico 4 weekend is going to be amazing, downloading now. Been playing the demo a bit and it seems like a fantastic game but a bit on the easy side.

How does CoH play? My experience in RTS are mostly Ensemble and Blizzard.

A really fresh take on the RTS genre. Love the series (and Dawn of War as well); the economy is tied to you're battles. You're fighting over resource points, so instead of pumping out drones to mine resources (which you'd spend the first five minutes or so of Starcraft 2 each match ), you're actually engaging in skirmishes near the onset of each match.

And the actual unit combat is superb, the game incorporates environmental cover to battles. See a building with great line of sight over a resource point or choke point? Set up an MG nest there for unit suppression and to fortify the position. Just destroyed an enemy Panzer tank? Use its wreckage as cover as you take a resource point. Actual combat mechanics like flanking and artillery usage work. Love this series. I'd love to see them work on another one. Include Russian and Japanese armies.

ZZMitch

To buy skyrim or not to buy skyrim. That is the question.

Do you guys think the price will drop significantly during the summer sale?

Wok

Why would you pay now the price you could have paid 4 months and a half ago?

At this point, unless you really want to play Skyrim now, you should wait one month and a half more. A 40% or 50% discount would be likely on the first day of the summer sales.

Peff

Do you guys think the price will drop significantly during the summer sale?

It has already been cheaper and it most certainly will be during the Summer Sale. If you've waited this long there's no reason to buy it now unless you're going to be abroad or something.

I didn't have internet for 2 days. Tried to get offline mode steam running, guess what? It asked me for an internet connection.

What's the use of the offline mode if you can't use it?

Oreoleo

I didn't have internet for 2 days. Tried to get offline mode steam running, guess what? It asked me for an internet connection.

What's the use of the offline mode if you can't use it?

My internet dropped out last night and I used offline mode to play fear 3 just fine :\

Didn't even have to pull the ethernet cord out of the back!

My internet dropped out last night and I used offline mode to play fear 3 just fine :\

Didn't even have to pull the ethernet cord out of the back!

ycpUS.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Still dumb you need to do that. :|
It's dumb if you need to do it, but as Oreo just pointed out, he didn't need to do it (and I don't think I've needed to do it).

For people like Pepper who MIGHT need to do it, I was just offering suggestions/trying to get more info. I don't know why it's different for some people.

What operation were you trying to complete? Would it not even give you an offline login screen? Did you try unplugging your Ethernet cable and/or disabling the wired and wireless network adapters?

Yeah, I had them disabled. It is not the first time this happens anyway.

I love GOG for DRM free games. Saved me a lot of bullshit.

Yaska

Just got a pop up about extra cs:go beta (all gone, I'm sorry). Glad to know that they're giving me extra, also cs:go just popped in my library.

MRORANGE

Completed F.3.A.R.

6rKJD.jpg

... can't really think of anything to say, it's ok I guess, combat is much tighter and better than fear 2, ai is smarter and the co-op and ranking systems do have a siginificant and VERY important part in the game, I do recommend playing co-op with a friend - if you can find the game cheap.

I guess if I had to rank them:

Fear 1 > Fear expansions > Fear 3 > Fear 2

Volcynika

The Dream Machine is Now Available on Steam and 20% off until 10AM PST Friday, May 18th.

The Dream Machine is a 5 part award-winning point and click adventure series made out of clay and cardboard. Play as Victor Neff, the husband in a young couple who've just moved into a new apartment. While trying to get settled in you discover that all is not as it seems in the quiet, unassuming apartment building...

Try Chapters 1 and 2 for the price of a single chapter or get The Entire Series at an extra low price.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/94300/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom