• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would try out Tropico 4 since it´s free, but it seems I have to log in to their servers just to play the game in single player, and suddenly I felt like I didn´t want to play it anymore.

Am I silly for not wanting to register an account to play Tropico4? Is there any way around it?

Nope, feel the same. I hate stuff like that. I don´t want additional server dependencies for single player.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, I kind of want to replay Torchlight and I realized its not in Steam library. Are there any 4 pack groups I can join for the Torchlight 2 deal which includes free Torchlight 1?

MNC

Ah ok...through paypal?

One buys the pack. Gets 3 games in his inventory, on to his self.

One gifts the games to the 3 other participants in the 4-pack.

One receives money from the 3 other participants through whatever means. The money deal is done outside of steam, so it can be paypal, bank transfer, steam games, whatever.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
The price is the main draw right now. Why do you recommend the remake over the older games? Is it a graphics thing or are there other reasons for starting with that game?

The mechanics of leveling have been overhauled significantly in the remake, but in general I just feel its a stronger game in terms of quests and locations. Of the second trilogy though 5 is definitely the most interesting, especially from a story perspective.

In terms of story you're not going to be lost at all starting from any game in the series though. There's no direct character continuity, at most events that the player characters did in previous games are referenced in newer games ("Things have been so much better since the Nephil fortress fell years ago")

1-D_FTW

The daily deals have been kind of lame lately, I think we're getting like one good one a week.

Steel Storm is $1.69 today.

I like that there's a 4 pack for 5.08.

Then I watched the video and began to realize the metacritic score of 55 was probably pretty accurate.

Ok they fucked up the current CS:GO beta release.

Gun sounds were awesome last patch, they all sound more generic now. Especially M4.

Aiming is worse somehow.

Bullet damage seems even less.

They must have upped the bot ai difficulty, its ridiculous, they auto-snap to your head every corner you turn.

GRRRRRRR.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Ok they fucked up the current CS:GO beta release.

Gun sounds were awesome last patch, they all sound more generic now. Especially M4.

Aiming is worse somehow.

They must have upped the bot ai difficulty, its ridiculous, they auto-snap to your head every corner you turn.

GRRRRRRR.

They let you choose the bot difficulty now.

JordanKZ

Aiming is worse somehow.

GRRRRRRR.

Recoil and bullet spray has become incredibly sporadic, but it was way easier to kill before this last patch which if anything was a bad thing. CS: Go still has a long ways to go balance wise so I'm sure they'll change things up again.

(As a point of reference before the patch I was often getting 15 or 16 kills a match now I'm averaging 6 or 7)

Recoil and bullet spray has become incredibly sporadic, but it was way easier to kill before this last patch which if anything was a bad thing. CS: Go still has a long ways to go balance wise so I'm sure they'll change things up again.

(As a point of reference before the patch I was often getting 15 or 16 kills a match now I'm averaging 6 or 7)

I see your point, but I'm not feeling it for some reason. Thank diablo that D3 is coming out next week, as I'm going to skip this patch.

Hanzou

What is the one version to play online in the Company of Heroes series? I bought the original on disc when it came out and my freind bought the whole pack just now. Is the original non expansion version the best online? Is it better with opposing fronts or is the stand alone expansion Tales of Valor add a lot to the game?

Really mostly interested in playing online with my freind. How are the new MP modes in Tales of Valor?

Also Does the Steam version of Opposing Fronts work with the disc based vanilla CoH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom