• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Dungeons & Dragons Online and Lord of the Rings Online are going to come to Steam.

Oh yes! Thank you based Gaben!

Tried LOTRO very briefly last year, didn't have the time to take up an MMO, so deleted the files. Never went back to it, as the only way to get the install is the slow as hell Turbine downloader, or find an ancient client and wait hours for the updates!

Wok

I wonder how it actually got to Steam. So many interesting games get rejected and that... thing was approved.

It is a game developed by a family. The female character features a tattoo in the bottom of her back, so does one woman of the family. There are nude textures for the female character which are provided by the developers. The artist who made the textures does not work with the team anymore, we do not know why. The texture should now be censored, but not removed, because the PR guy claimed they "are using it", which makes people smirk on SPUF.

Even if you do not find the game interesting, there is something interesting with the development process. At least, one question: why is the female 3D model textured in two steps, first the nude texture, then the texture for the clothes? Is it some kind of clothes design shop, in the same way TF2 is a hat shop?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I wish DD would last for 25 hours - that is, there is a small 1 hour window where you can compare the old DD sale and the new DD sale.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
TB checked out that Revelations 2012 game we were talking about a few weeks ago.

Yes, it's bad.

Ok, I have seen some bad games in my time, Clayfighter 63 1/3 being one of the worst, but CHRIST. I mean seriously, it's like a terrible mod that should never have been released, let alone a game that's meant to be paid for.

It's like a terrible version of L4D with a weird crystal rifle with no recoil, completely terrible gunplay and no gameplay to speak of. I loved how the game didn't have shoot bound to anything, I think that says it all really.

Valve, do the right thing, remove this game from Steam and don't let whoever "made" this anywhere near your platform again.

PaulLFC

*About to ask "Should I buy the Commandos pack or just one or two of the gmaes?"* *Checks Steam library* *Discovers I own all 4 games already*.

Oh...

Fl1pp13

Neo Member

Peff

If you're going to buy both you might as well get the bundle with the first one and the expansion, which other than having issues with controlling the larger vehicles is also pretty good. If it's more about not having time to play them all/fatigue, I'd say go 2, methinks.

Damn, this Revelaitons 2012 game is definitely something else.

I was looking for the nude textures in Google just to see what the fuss was about, and I found a thread in Facepunch about the game. They were trashing the game as one would expect, but then one of the devs registered there and started posting around page 15 (Brian Weeks, a.k.a. Supermoose76). He basically blames his relatives and coworkers, because he's apparently the younger brother and he claims that they wouldn't listen to him.

People there have found that you can even give some LFD2 items like pills to other players using the console, and that in some file, the names of campaigns 4 and 5 are still Hard Rain and The Parish... :lol

By the way,
the textures are in page 12

Wok

Damn, this Revelaitons 2012 game is definitely something else.

I was looking for the nude textures in Google just to see what the fuss was about, and I found a thread in Facepunch about the game. They were trashing the game as one would expect, but then one of the devs registered there and started posting around page 15 (Brian Weeks, a.k.a. Supermoose76). He basically blames his relatives and coworkers, because he's apparently the younger brother and he claims that they wouldn't listen to him.

People there have found that you can even give some LFD2 items like pills to other players using the console, and that in some file, the names of campaigns 4 and 5 are still Hard Rain and The Parish... :lol

By the way,
the textures are in page 12

Nice investigation. I am impressed by the details of this texture. What an amount of work for something which is not included in the game.

zkylon

zkylewd
Was anyone able to use Paypal to buy DSIII on GetGamesGo? It bounces me back saying " We cannot accept PayPal as a method of payment for this product.".

Since when can you buy games from the steampowered.com website? Never noticed.

Commandos isn't available in my region, but if I go to the ?cc=uk site, I can add it to my cart and checkout. Also pay in GBP instead of €. I haven't completed checkout but it looks like it would let me.

I don't want Commandos, but is that possible in general to circumvent region restrictions? Probably not right?

-viper-

Banned
When are Valve going to update Steam so it is comfy couch friendly?

I need Steam 'big TV mode'.

Using the messenger on my 40" TV is a pain.

Quikies83

I only have second hand experience, but it seemed to be pretty good. Very Nancy Drewish, but obviously a lot more mature.

I went ahead and picked it up for $9.99 -- About 2 1/2 hours in and I'm absolutely loving the atmosphere. Very happy with my purchase.

Salsa

the bummer of using steam from my tv is probably the fact that i use a multi monitor setup without the two monitors directly facing forward (one of them being the tv i mean)

so i have the start menu of windows on my left monitor and i game on my right one

i use my phone with remotedroid to browse through the right monitor when im lazy from sitting in my bed but its kind of a pain to go to the left one since i cant quite see it

yeah i need big picture mode right now. Just add some kind of shorcut to it on the right monitor and bam.

1-D_FTW

Feels like it's been longer than 15 months. Felt like over 2 years. Had to look it up.

At least we should finally get to see it at E3. If it's taken this long, and they had the developer tools out for this long, it should be pretty cool and worthwhile.

MRORANGE

http://kotaku.com/5909933/sure-look..._source=kotaku_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

1mOps.jpg

:)

Card Boy

Banned
It uses the Source engine.

Valve seriously need to reevaluate their approval process if they are auto-approving games just because it uses the Source engine. So many good games have being knocked back on Steam, but Revelations 2012 gets in? Ridiculous. I bet chubigans isn't happy right now.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Valve seriously need to reevaluate their approval process if they are auto-approving games just because it uses the Source engine. So many good games have being knocked back on Steam, but Revelations 2012 gets in? Ridiculous. I bet chubigans isn't happy right now.

Yea it's ridiculous that someone might actually spend money on that shit. Source engine or no it has no place on any service.

Catshade

Then chubigans knows what to do now: Remake his game (it's that oil-drilling faux-simulator, right?) in Source engine, adds co-op and multiplayer capabilities using Steamworks leaderboards and VAC enabled. :p

Sentenza

I don't think the approval process has much to do with the quality of the games, to be honest.
More likely it's about including some basic features.

For instance Unepic, an excellent indie "metroidvania" game, got rejected, and I suspect that not having a properly working full screen mode played a big role in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom