• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

bede-x

How's Offspring Fling? Thinking of getting it.

I really like it. It's got a lot of charm in the graphics and the puzzle mechanic, while maybe not particularly new, works well. If feels like the kind of game you'd play on a handheld(like Popils, Pushmo, Carrier or those types of games) and it's nice to see that kind of game on Steam. If there's one thing that bothers me, it's the halfhearted joypad support, something that seems typical for PC games. Sure, you can control the game with the 360 controller, but it defaults to the analog stick and trying to navigate the menues, will have you reaching for the mouse.

That aside, it comes recommended.

I bought Portal 2 - The Final Hours the other day and I just realized the game says it's "Temporarily Offline" and I can't "play" it.

Did Valve sold me an app I can't use? WTF.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I bought Portal 2 - The Final Hours the other day and I just realized the game says it's "Temporarily Offline" and I can't "play" it.

Did Valve sold me an app I can't use? WTF.

The entire store page is down, so no clue. I was just about to go and buy it.

The entire store page is down, I just realized it would be on sale and went to buy it. It likely has something to due with them updating it to have a new chapter.

Well, I found this on the Steam Forum. It's from today.

We've temporarily shut down access through Steam while we investigate. The site owner has been notified that there's a problem. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

According to some people on the Steam Forums, the site has a malware.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2691619&page=2

Tess3ract

Banned
Gross. That's gross.

irXHGvoJfIkSd.gif

Salsa

alright i think im gonna start Dead Space 2 after buying it at launch, rofl

crappy that i have to pick betwen good AA or good shadows with Nvidia Inspector, but oh well

anything i should know before jumping in?

gdt

crappy that i have to pick betwen good AA or good shadows with Nvidia Inspector, but oh well

Stomp alot.

Play with a 5.1, if not that headphones.

I think there was some issue with the PC version unlocking suits too early.

Salsa

Play with a 5.1, if not that headphones.

not really an option sadly

i mean i was thinking of playing it with a 360 pad from bed with the pc hooked up to the tv, but if i do that i'll be away from my good heapdhones

i have the pc hooked up to my pretty old stereo so i guess i'll use that, hopefully it'll get the job done.

Salsa

Salsa you have motivated me to finally beat DS2 as my side game when Diablo 3 comes out.

well that took little effort!

i just need something to play until Max Payne and ive been putting this off for too long.

I recently went through Alan Wake wich might be.. similar, in some ways, so i wasnt really feeling it but fuck it

zkylon

zkylewd
not really an option sadly

i mean i was thinking of playing it with a 360 pad from bed with the pc hooked up to the tv, but if i do that i'll be away from my good heapdhones

i have the pc hooked up to my pretty old stereo so i guess i'll use that, hopefully it'll get the job done.
If you're playing with a controller because of bad experience with mouse aim in DS1, give mouse aim a chance in DS2, it's much improved.

I'm not too fond of the game itself, though...

Card Boy

Banned
TB checked out that Revelations 2012 game we were talking about a few weeks ago.

Yes, it's bad.

This is literally one of the worst games i have seen in my life. I can't belive this costs money. They should be paying people to play it instead of the other way around. I have seen Atari games that look better than this.

I love some of the Youtube comments.

TB does make a good point though, Valve should be cracking down on games like this and not give them a auto-approve just because they use the Source engine. Its sad when games like this get approved and so many other better games don't.

MNC

I guess I decided to bite on the Skyrim price. Downloading now. First Elder Scrolls game.

You're in for quite a treat. Don't judge the game from the starting town as (IMO) it has a bit of elder scrolls jank, but as soon as you get out of it and experience the open world, you can't let go for another 20 hours.

Card Boy

Banned
Holy crap that Revelations 2012 game has fanboys ragging on TotalBiscuit for that video on the Steam forums, I have now seen everything. I cant wait for the Damnation fanboys to come out of the woodworks.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap that Revelations 2012 game has fanboys ragging on TotalBiscuit for that video on the Steam forums, I have now seen everything. I cant wait for the Damnation fanboys to come out of the woodworks.

Holy shit @ the Dark Artz guy on those forums.

"Well I guess I get to take all the heat for anything that is said on any forum that I post at because the owner of the company doesn't like to show his face "

I would be fired immediately if I'd post something like that in the name of my company. And he goes on and on how it isn't _his_ fault. Just, wow.

Card Boy

Banned
Holy shit @ the Dark Artz guy on those forums.

"Well I guess I get to take all the heat for anything that is said on any forum that I post at because the owner of the company doesn't like to show his face "

I would be fired immediately if I'd post something like that in the name of my company. And he goes on and on how it isn't _his_ fault. Just, wow.

The game is made by people all from the same family, he won't get fired lol.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
The game is made by people all from the same family, he won't get fired lol.

That explains a lot :D

Also, that nude texture story. Oh, man :)

edit: oh god oh god - " Kenny is a self-proclaimed non-gamer, but enjoys the occasional sports video game." What's his job on this you ask? Duh, "Lead Creative Artist" of course.

MNC

chances are you have all the DLC because somehow the devs/publisher thought it was a good idea to give it all right from the start of the game with the base game, so all stores sell the superduper DLC suits/weapons. Just don't buy anything that's 0 credits from the store if you want a proper, non-overpowered playthrough.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL AT THE REVELATIONS 2012 TRAILER

"SOME CALL IT APOCOLYPSE<sic>"

Wok

The steam forums are amazing I am lost for words.

Originally Posted by ^Pirate ^Sam
I've yet to see this nude skin in the game folder. I still don't think anyone would have this in their folder. Unless someone points out where it is specifically I can't find any other reason to believe it exists.

Originally Posted by linkmister View Post

steamapps/common/revelations 2012/revelations/materials/Revelations/players_v2/megan/
"body_blueteam_diffuse.vtf"
There you are

Too bad I don't have the game, so that I cannot check what all the fuss is about.

Originally Posted by ^Pirate ^Sam
Thoughts after patch...
So now it's censored but not removed? I don't get it. Why not just remove it?

Originally Posted by Supermoose76 View Post

The reason we didn't remove the texture file is because we're using it.

That's a funny answer.

vazel

Banned
Haven't played the game but that video was pretty bad. He goes on and on about how bad the game is, but forget to explain why the game is bad. To me the game just looked dull.
He does seem to have set out to be very negative towards the game. He spends more time nitpicking about silly things than talking about the broken gameplay. He does elucidate a little why he thinks the gameplay is bad throughout the video but it would've been better had he not had such a harshly negative tone from the get-go.

Hanzou

What is the one version to play online in the Company of Heroes series? I bought the original on disc when it came out and my freind bought the whole pack just now. Is the original non expansion version the best online? Is it better with opposing fronts or is the stand alone expansion Tales of Valor add a lot to the game?

Really mostly interested in playing online with my freind. How are the new MP modes in Tales of Valor?

Also Does the Steam version of Opposing Fronts work with the disc based vanilla CoH?

Just wanted to post this again. Any opinions?

MNC

I think it merges them all in one. It mostly adds extra teams and units, and if you don't have the expansion, you simply can't use them. When I didn't have the expansions, I played with someone who did, and they could choose the extra factions.

I don't know if the retail + Steam are compatible.

HoosTrax

All three CoH games are unified under one launcher and the Steam and retail versions are cross-compatible because they rely on internal Relic CD keys that you input to unlock campaigns/factions once you're in-game.

The only disadvantage to not buying the Steam versions is that the retail version CD keys do not work externally (i.e. they're not accepted by Steam, only by CoH itself), so they will not add them to your Steam library, only your Relic account.

So for example, I originally bought CoH: Gold retail and CoH:ToV on Steam. I was able to either pull the ToV CD key off Steam and input it into the retail version once I had launched the game, or do it the opposite way (launch ToV from Steam and input the CD keys for CoH and OF from the postcard from the retail game).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom