• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I liked GRAW2 on Xbox 360. I'll probably never play it, but I might bite at that price...is there anything wrong with the PC port?

Ubi sale? Checks wishlist... 15 Ubi games, all the PoP games, AC1, Brohood, and Rev, and some M&M games. Might have to sacrifice some ps3 games for steam monies this weekend.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm pretty sure all the GR's have campaign co-op up to 4 players, possibly more. Certain modes definitely go up to 16 because I was running around a campaign map with 16 dudes killing AI.

I liked GRAW2 on Xbox 360. I'll probably never play it, but I might bite at that price...is there anything wrong with the PC port?

It's first person and it feels quite different. Just a heads up.

Digoman

Crap, between Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell there's no way Anno 2070 is getting a daily deal. I will wait just in case... but that game has been in my wishlist for so long...

Anyone knows if the DLC for Revelations "The Lost Archive" is worth it? (assuming it gets cheaper in one of the days).

kadotsu

Banned
Crap, between Assassin's Creed, Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell there's no way Anno 2070 is getting a daily deal. I will wait just in case... but that game has been in my wishlist for so long...

Anyone knows if the DLC for Revelations "The Lost Archive" is worth it? (assuming it gets cheaper in one of the days).

Did you enjoy the Desmond memories? It's just more of that and some new weapons that are useless if you've already done the master assassin missions. I youtubed them.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

Nah, it's the lame first person puzzle stuff they added in Revelations and that's it. I found it pleasing from an artistic perspective though.

Oh yeah, you get a short ass lair to run through too.

HoosTrax

The AI in GRAW1 is quite dubious. It took me 25 hours to complete the SP campaign, and much of that was restarting due to the AI squadmates not following me properly.

GRAW2 only took me 13 hours to complete. I vaguely remember the AI being a lot less finicky.

Btw, I liked both GR and GRAW. GRAW has one feature in particular that was sorely missed in GR -- ability to pick up enemy weapons to use. The games play substantially differently from the BF or CoD campaigns -- run-and-gun will get you killed very quickly.

Digoman

Hmm, I better off on unless it gets really cheap. I enjoyed the context of those missions but the gameplay wasn't that good. Also, there's the summer sale coming up. Thanks for replies.

I'm betting AC: Revalations goes pretty cheap, if not now then at least during the summer sale.

They already got the majority of sales out of it. Now they will want to use it as a promo for AC 3 this Fall.

Why? The goal of putting a game on sale is to help it garner attention and well, to increase sales. Arma II is already selling in the top 5 on Steam. Most just want to buy it for Day Z anyway and at the moment the game can't even handle the current load of players. It wouldn't be smart to put the games on sale.
I was saying they should put it on sale, just that it might take a while to get a seat on the daily deal gravy train.

Ledsen

Has anyone actually played the PC versions of GRAW 1+2 (not the very different console versions)? Any thought? Are they worth it?

zkylon

zkylewd
It was $9.99 during Steam winter sale.
Well, 5 bucks is still cheaper :p

Not liking all the negative commments on DKS, but I love euro-jank, and chances are I'll enjoy it.

I always forget. What are the GAFrecommends for Ghost Recon?
Has anyone actually played the PC versions of GRAW 1+2 (not the very different console versions)? Any thought? Are they worth it?
I liked GRAW2 a lot, but it's not without its issues, specially on level design. Like, I think on the end level, you spawn in an area that's already under fire, so half your team may get randomly killed without any input from you. There are parts in which you have to go on your own that are shit as well. The rest of the game was awesome for me, really liked how they did big chances from the console version. Haven't played the other Ghost Recon or GRAW games though...

Joe Molotov

Beat the first three chapters of The Dream Machine. It's pretty dark stuff. There were only two hard puzzles, but the areas are fairly small so if you just keep working with what you've got, it shouldn't take too long to figure them out.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Man, I wish Blizzard sold their games on Steam. I have some TF2 stuff (2 earbuds) worth ~60 bucks but I'm afraid to trade without getting scammed.

Salsa

so Dead Space 2 is pretty good (about 5 hours in) but im pretty sure i still prefer the first one

somehow this game is just blatantly obvious to me. The jump scares, the creepy kid stuff with going from dark environments to an all-lit daycare/kindergarten center and whatnot. I know what's coming.

I guess the scripted sequences are pretty cool and some are really impressive, so there's that

im enjoying it

so Dead Space 2 is pretty good (about 5 hours in) but im pretty sure i still prefer the first one

somehow this game is just blatantly obvious to me. The jump scares, the creepy kid stuff with going from dark environments to an all-lit daycare/kindergarten center and whatnot. I know what's coming.

I guess the scripted sequences are pretty cool and some are really impressive, so there's that

im enjoying it

I turned it off when I got to the school part. I think it's a fine game and I'll probably go back to it someday but I really didn't like shooting the child necromorphs. It seemed more gratuitous than anything else.

It feels like one designer said "we need small swarm enemies to rush the player and keep them watching low" and another one replied "they could be kids! that'd be sick" and then they just ran with the idea without thinking about how fucked up it is.

KarmaCow

I really wanted to play Dead Space 2 on higher difficulties to really use all the systems, but the checkpoint loading glitch ruined it. The game is pretty good about save points, but having to alt+f4 and restart the game got old.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Only think I'm interested from Ubisoft is Revelations, and maybe rebuying ACII. But I'm in no rush for either. So I'll be passing on everything they offer this weekend.

Don't think I'm going be buying much from this summer sale. Looking at my wishlist now. I think its just going be Arma II Complete Ops, Hamiliton's Great Adventure, Ys Oath, and Trine 2. Dare I say, I'm actually cutting down on that steam backlog... finally. Everything else I want is either too expensive or I don't care for enough.

Enco

Real men play the game with the music off as everything has a super blatant musical cue.
This really annoys me.

Music should never let you know when you're about to enter combat. I'm fine with a little build up but when it becomes routine to get ready after a certain cue then you know something's wrong.

epmode

Hey, apparently this is available today. It's a F2P space dogfighter game. I'm not sure if there is a first-person view like X-Wing vs Tie Fighter though. Does anyone want to be the guinea pig to try it out?
Everything I've seen makes it look more like Crimson Skies or Rogue Squadron than X-Wing.

im enjoying it

I preferred the first one as well. DS2 tries to create tension just by sending more and more necromorphs at you. The problem with that is that with a horror game of any sort the more enemies you fight the less you are going to find them to be anything more than a target.

There is one section of the game that did manage to capture the same feel of DS1 for me, in fact it exceeded it, but I wont spoil it for you because I'm sure you haven't gotten up to it yet.

1-D_FTW

im enjoying it

My opinion of it rose the further I played, but yeah, I'd still rate the first game as the better of the two. Without question.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Both games are better than damn near everything else that has come out published by EA.

Isaac's voice actor was flawlessly cast and some of the story moments in 2 hit perfectly because of that.

Omikron

The dead space talk reminds me thais somewhere buried in my back log.

Currently playing serious Sam 3. It is lots of dumb old school fun.

I also played through doom 1 again recently. The map and level design in that game is genius.

Salsa

Both games are better than damn near everything else that has come out published by EA.

i can agree with that

might turn the music off from now on then, also might ramp up the difficulty since i pretty much have no use for the kinetic/environment combat with all the sharp things laying around since i have butt loads of ammo, yet i dont really play a game like this for the difficulty and if the curve's fucked up it could become frustrating..

I like Isaac's voice actor but he says something along the lines of "SHIT!" "HOLY SHIT!" every 2 minutes, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom