• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosTrax

The 360 controller works fine in the Steam version of Psychonauts, and the game itself works fine on Windows 7. The Steam version has Steamworks (cloud and achievements).

The one thing I can't tell you for sure atm is regarding resolution support since I don't remember whether I played the game on my old monitor or new one.

jediyoshi

Guess I'll pick it up. Supposedly there are some patch hacks, but for a couple dollars, I'll just go that route next time it's on sale.

Outside of a mod that replaces the button prompts with 360 icons, there isn't really anything else that needed much addressing.

Herla

Impressions for Divinity II: DKS?

I think it's awesome.
Although it looks like generic fantasy it's pretty unique, there's plenty of humor and personality and weird mechanics (like dragon flying and platforming elements).
Also plenty of loot. And I mean A LOT of loot. All of the loot.

Extremely underrated.

Blizzard

Banned
Was hoping for Arma daily. Oh well.
I keep being kind of confused by this. They already have the top selling spot, and they already don't have the character server capacity to support more players very well. Why would they want to boost sales at lower prices (when it's already selling great at the current price) and make the experience get even worse? :p Maybe if things become more settled eventually, but right now a price drop would be a bad idea.

I'm... I'm actually surprised Assassin's Creed: Revelaitons is this cheap for us Yuropeans. AC2 and BroHo were 50€ for a long ass time. Feels weird not to be ignored.

HoosTrax

Ghost Recon: Future Soldier pre-order info:
HIGH SPEED INTERNET ACCESS AND A VALID UPLAY ACCOUNT ARE REQUIRED TO ACTIVATE THE GAME AFTER INSTALLATION, TO ACCESS ONLINE FEATURES, TO PLAY ONLINE OR TO UNLOCK EXCLUSIVE CONTENT. SUCH CONTENT MAY ONLY BE UNLOCKED ONE SINGLE TIME WITH A UNIQUE KEY. YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 13 TO CREATE A UPLAY ACCOUNT WITHOUT PARENTAL CONSENT. UBISOFT MAY CANCEL ACCESS TO ONE OR MORE SPECIFIC ONLINE FEATURES UPON A 30-DAY PRIOR NOTICE PUBLISHED AT http://ghostrecon.com/.

1-D_FTW

Great game but I'll wait until its $7.50-$10.00.

Same. I'll buy at 9.99. It's been 19.99 on consoles for months.

Folks, don't buy any of the non daily deals, wait until the last day for that. Games that are currently 30% off will be even cheaper during the daily deal.

Sound advice. I've got a feeling we're looking at AssBro Day and a Splinter Cell Day. Hopefully they'll have a random day also.

Uplay, as long as it doesn't have always-online requirements, can be a bit annoying and useless but it's way way better than GFWL.

Folks, don't buy any of the non daily deals, wait until the last day for that. Games that are currently 30% off will be even cheaper during the daily deal.

Oh, of course, that's common sense. I was just taken aback by the "low" prices.

Let's see how cheap Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood an Revelations go. Only got the first one on PC, played the second on 360, but never got around to the others.

Anyway, bought the Ghost Recon pack also. Hopefully GRAW 1+2 have hold up over the years.

1-D_FTW

Let's see how cheap Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood an Revelations go. Only got the first one on PC, played the second on 360, but never got around to the others.

Anyway, bought the Ghost Recon pack also. Hopefully GRAW 1+2 have hold up over the years.

Gamestop's Impulse had Brotherhood on sale for 7.49 about a month ago. So it better match it.

Baha

I actually want Ghost Recon 1 and it's expansions. Not interested in GRAW, if you buy the collection you can't give them away individually right?

I wonder if people still play the multiplayer?

I know that hamachi/tunngle works for the old Ghost Recon games so if you have friends you can still play that way.

I would guess that they have a schedule months in advance for deals. Hopefully Bohemia will do the right thing in the next few weeks.

Why? The goal of putting a game on sale is to help it garner attention and well, to increase sales. Arma II is already selling in the top 5 on Steam. Most just want to buy it for Day Z anyway and at the moment the game can't even handle the current load of players. It wouldn't be smart to put the games on sale.

I just realized, this sale might be awful for my wallet depending on the cuts. There are way too many Ubisoft games I never played or want to play again :/

gdt

Any opinions on the Prince of Persia games?

Specifically, I was wondering if I'd better better off getting the PC versions of the SoT trilogy, over the HD remastered version. I heard those have some issues.

Waiting for the daily deal, of course.

MRORANGE

mandantory for the rest of the week:

NFYmG.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom