• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Speaking of TF2, I wonder if there's a place that let's me look up a good person to trade items live for games?

Agh, for some reason I can't load steam page, so I can't buy Rayman Origin, been trying for more than an hour.

If you can send money through paypal, and you are willing to pay the paypal tax, I will buy it for you and send it to you.

I wish I could offer to buy it for you tomorrow just before the sale ends but I will be working around that time. I'm sure someone else would be willing to help you though.

The_End

Might have been mentioned already, but anarchyoblivion over on CAG just called this to my attention.

anarchyoblivion said:
Looks like the newest Wolfenstein has been removed from Steam... congrats to all who bought it during the 75% off sale a couple months ago.

Adnor

Banned
If you can send money through paypal, and you are willing to pay the paypal tax, I will buy it for you and send it to you.

I wish I could offer to buy it for you tomorrow just before the sale ends but I will be working around that time. I'm sure someone else would be willing to help you though.

Can't use paypal, but thanks for the offer, I'm sure I will be able to buy it by tomorrow :)

AlexBasch

So I was thinking of getting Borderlands GOTY but heard horror stories about Gamespy, most of it is stuff from almost two years ago but I'm curious about how bad their servers are right now. Are they still that bad?

So I was thinking of getting Borderlands GOTY but heard horror stories about Gamespy, most of it is stuff from almost two years ago but I'm curious about how bad their servers are right now. Are they still that bad?

I play borderlands almost every Friday night with some friends. We haven't had any issues so far.

Alex

Still bad, but bad in the way you can work around. It's mostly just front end and config issues, not actual latency or connectivity problems.

Joe Molotov

Wonder if Activision's right to sell it expired or something. I think the ip still belongs to id/Bethesda.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. Maybe the rights are shifting back to id/Bethesda, and it's only temporarily down while they renegotiate with Steam. Would explain why it went on sale for like the first time ever a few weeks ago; Activision wanted to squeeze a little extra juice out of it.

Either way, I'm glad I picked it up when it was on sale.

AlexBasch

Doesn't sound that bad. I heard stuff comparable to genocide and kicking little puppies, I already played it on the 360 but it's a fair price on Amazon to give it another round. Thanks!

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Well, I meant to buy it a lot sooner, but finally grabbed Rayman Origins. The game is pure eye sex and I can't wait to play through the game properly.

Man, I'm glad I bought Wolfenstein back then. It would have joined Crysis 2 and Outrun in the short but regrettable list of games that I can't buy anymore. It took me a long time to find a retail copy of Prey last year.

Bluth54

Man, I'm glad I bought Wolfenstein back then. It would have joined Crysis 2 and Outrun in the short but regrettable list of games that I can't buy anymore. It took me a long time to find a retail copy of Prey last year.

I still wish I would of bought The Movies and The Godfather games on Steam when they were available.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Anybody happen to know how intrusive GFWL is in Lost Planet: Colonies Edition if I ignore the multiplayer?

Lost Planets 1 is a fine game if it suits your taste as a good single player experience.

It's Lost Planet 2 that has a huge co-op focus and I would only recommend as a co-op game.

Lost Planets 1 is a fine game if it suits your taste as a good single player experience.

It's Lost Planet 2 that has a huge co-op focus and I would only recommend as a co-op game.

I'm familiar with Lost Planet since I've already almost finished it once. I'm asking how bad the Games for Windows Live DRM is. Does it delete savegames or keep you from playing because of internet/server issues... stuff like that.

I'm familiar with Lost Planet since I've already almost finished it once. I'm asking how bad the Games for Windows Live DRM is. Does it delete savegames or keep you from playing because of internet/server issues... stuff like that.
It's the same as 99% of the other GFWL games. You log in and that's it. Your saves won't be deleted and the servers are fine. If they weren't, you could just use offline mode since you're only going to be playing single player.

It's the same as 99% of the other GFWL games. You log in and that's it. Your saves won't be deleted and the servers are fine. If they weren't, you could just use offline mode since you're only going to be playing single player.

If it's the same as 99% of the other GFWL games then the servers are absolutely not fine and my saves might be deleted like they've been for Red Faction: Guerilla, Arkham Asylum and Dawn of War 2. Fallout 3 is the only game I own where you can ignore GFWL. I'd rather avoid it altogether if I have to login to access my save.

If it's the same as 99% of the other GFWL games then the servers are absolutely not fine and my saves might be deleted like they've been for Red Faction: Guerilla, Arkham Asylum and Dawn of War 2. Fallout 3 is the only game I own where you can ignore GFWL. I'd rather avoid it altogether if I have to login to access my save.
Yes, you need to login to save. Saves are tied to your account, they are also encrypted so you cannot share them with others. This is to maintain the integrity of achievements. You probably don't care about achievements, but it is what it is. When you say the servers aren't fine, do you mean they drop connection or something? I'm in Australia where our internet is absolutely terrible for the most part and I never have issues when connected to Live. I've put in some marathon sessions too, 10 hours or so.

At the end of the day though, if you've had such problems with GFWL it's probably not the best idea to go out and buy another game that uses it.

Yeah, that's what I was asking about. It generally works but it happened several times with Dawn of War and Red Faction that I couldn't log-in due to server issues. Fallout 3 luckily doesn't have this bullshit at all.

I don't avoid them altogether, I just buy stuff at a way lower price but I'm so sick and tired of the system that I'd rather buy the non-Colonies Edition.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Wolfenstein

I would guess this is Activision's publishing rights lapsing. If that's the case, Bethesda would put the game back up at some point in the future. They pulled DOOM 1 off XBLA when Bethesda bought iD and put it back up a year later.

1-D_FTW

GMG daily: All Zombies Must Die, 70% off / $2.99

Anyone played this? Doesn't look too hot in the screenshots.

Think I'm going to pick it up. Thanks.

Noticed this title yesterday when going through 3D screenshots/videos of games. With 3D vision, it looks like a demented little toy world come to life.

EDIT: Pass. That Destructoid quote on the game page seems misleading. If you click on it, it takes you to the Steam storefront. And if you read Destructiod's review, they mention brilliantly nowhere in the review. And worst of all, it's an arena shooter. I just thought it was top down. Arena shooter = pass. Although I will play the demo for a quick 3D fix.

Just played the demo. The real Destructoid quotes are much more apt. Boring. And the 3D is below average. So not even that could redeem it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom