• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So I know when people give away keys, people just claim anything just to own it, but you really owe it to yourself to try Fortix 2. It's really fun.

Gotta +1 this. I was really surprised with how much I enjoyed Fortix 2. Though I loved Qix back in the day too, so it shouldn't have been quite as surprising.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Seems there's Torchlight II Beta Weekend, for (Edit: some of) those with a Runic Games account. I received this e-mail about 12 hours ago:

Hi, Welcome to the Torchlight II Beta Weekend!

The Torchlight II Beta Weekend event starts on Friday, May 18th at 11:00am PDT and lasts until Tuesday, May 22nd at 11:00am PDT. You can start downloading and installing the Torchlight II Beta client now but you will not be able to log in until the start of the Beta Weekend event.

It's not being delivered via Steam, however. That said, given the beta is being opened up, it can only mean that the release date is around the corner. I'm thinking mid-June.

I've seen this question being asked (and answered!) at least 5 times now. And I'm totally ok with it.

:brofist

I think he is probably largely responsible for her success.

That'll make for a great conversation starter should I bump into her at TIFF later this year. :p

spk

Seems there's Torchlight II Beta Weekend, for those with a Runic Games account. I received this e-mail about 12 hours ago:

It's not being delivered via Steam, however. That said, given the beta is being opened up, it can only mean that the release date is around the corner. I'm thinking mid-June.

:brofist

No beta invite for me :( Do you need to be signed up for their newsletter or be eligible?

Blizzard

Banned
The only real way to win the Steam sales game is to not play: only buy stuff that you'll get to within a week or two. If you miss out on a deeper discount before a seasonal sale, evaluate if the seasonal sale price is worth it, or wait for another opportunity when it'll probably be even cheaper. Not every game needs to be on your Steam list as quickly as possible or ever.
Or, just buy stuff when it reaches a price that you are happy with and feel the company deserves. If you bought it for $5 but it goes down to $2.50, is that lost $2.50 really that bad? Not if the game was worth $5 to you. It's all up to personal valuation and whatnot, dawg!

Oh, bugger. :( I assumed it was an open weekend seeing as people have been invited into the beta proper over the past week or two.

Yeah nothing here, you would think being the final weekend all those who had pre-order would get to play the beta. I guess going in the game fresh will be a silver lining.

So what do you guys think about the upcoming X-COM? Yay or nay?
Can you point me to a good video/article?

RPS has a bunch of interviews with the devs posted. I've gone from casually interested to counting the days after reading them.

Have you taken a peek at Xenonauts yet? There's a kickstarter for it on right now and they have a very robust demo. If you want your X-Com to be as close to the original as possible, Xenonauts is definitely for you.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Darkness II was $12.50 at Amazon just a few weeks back. Hold off unless you're dying to play it right now. Also, buy Rayman Origins you dummies, it's so fucking good. Doesn't matter if it'll be cheaper in a month, just buy it.

This video is what makes me have faith in Firaxis: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2012/01/06/why-firaxis-loves-xcom.aspx

Jake Solomon seems like the perfect lead.

Thank you, gonna take a look.

RPS has a bunch of interviews with the devs posted. I've gone from casually interested to counting the days after reading them.

Have you taken a peek at Xenonauts yet? There's a kickstarter for it on right now and they have a very robust demo. If you want your X-Com to be as close to the original as possible, Xenonauts is definitely for you.

I'm actually doing exactly that, skimming the articles on RPS.

Xenonauts intrigues me too but I've never actually played X-Com so I like that there are two projects going on, something for the old-school and something modern :)

JordanKZ

How on Earth could anyone say Rayman Origins is a bad game? I've finished it three times on three platforms. It is absolutely amazing and completely rock hard at times. Buy it!!!

Nabs

If you're an indie dev in Toronto, you may want to RSVP:

http://handeyesociety.com/event/steam-coming-to-toronto-may-25th/

Steam_Toronto_Invite.png

Wait, there's TWO X-com remakes?

If there's an isometric x-com game coming out, I'll be all over that. The TPS one can die though.

Yup. And the isometric one seems to be generating much more excitement while the tps version keeps getting pushed back and hasn't even been spoken of in quite awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom