• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crub

Great to know to know the daily deals are not limited to single franchises. Makes Driver: San Fransisco much more likely as a daily.

Zimbardo

i can say that From Dust worked fine with an xbox360 pad.

i never tried it with the mouse/keyboard, so i have no idea how good or bad it is with that setup.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I almost broke on Rayman, but I'm not gonna get to it before the summer sale or anytime soon. Self control prevails.

Also a friend whose opinion I trust told me it wasn't that great a platformer.

They'll hunt you. They'll condemn you; set the dogs on you. Because that's what needs to happen. Because sometimes... the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people need to know that a game is being propped up because they don't have Mario.

You're the hero the Steam thread deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, they'll hunt you, because you can take it.

TimmiT

Is Rayman worth the price?

I enjoyed the demo, but how much content does the game offer and is it a decent single-player experience?

According to HowLongToBeat.com it takes about 9 hours to do all the main stuff and 13 hours if you do all the side stuff (collecting medals, speedrunning the levels etc.) as well. Like New Super Mario Bros Wii, single player is probably the best way to play the game and multiplayer is fun because you can mess with the other players.

I almost broke on Rayman, but I'm not gonna get to it before the summer sale or anytime soon. Self control prevails.

Also a friend whose opinion I trust told me it wasn't that great a platformer.

Not that you believe me since I don't play games at all but your friend is wrong, it's an amazing platformer.

OK so dead space 2 really gets back on its feet when you
go back to the ishimura
. This feels like what the entre game should have been. bummer i got the surprise spoiled here a long while ago

I tried to be pretty vague so I hope it wasn't my post that spoiled it. But yes this was the only section that I found scary at all. Great atmosphere there and
the emptiness and quietness of the area together with not having enemies constantly thrown at you made for one of the few sections of the game that made me feel uncomfortable as I moved through it.

Hugs

Has remote library management been implemented yet? I thought I saw it in an update note, but I couldn't seem to actually do it anywhere.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Buy Rayman for 15 bucks or wait for summer sale?

Summer sale generally means 33-75% off MSRP. MSRP will still be 29.99 for Summer Sale. So if Rayman is 50% off, 66% off, or 75% off you're better off waiting, but if it's only 33% off in the summer sale, you lose by waiting.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Summer sale generally means 33-75% off MSRP. MSRP will still be 29.99 for Summer Sale. So if Rayman is 50% off, 66% off, or 75% off you're better off waiting, but if it's only 33% off in the summer sale, you lose by waiting.

Yeah, the dilemma is killing me.

Urgh...

1-D_FTW

Would you care to bet 5.00 dollars that it will be more than 33%? It's going to be at least 50 percent (and probably 66 or 75).

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The only real way to win the Steam sales game is to not play: only buy stuff that you'll get to within a week or two. If you miss out on a deeper discount before a seasonal sale, evaluate if the seasonal sale price is worth it, or wait for another opportunity when it'll probably be even cheaper. Not every game needs to be on your Steam list as quickly as possible or ever.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Just wait. It will almost certainly be the same, if not more likely to be 66%/75% off.

Very few games which I've passed in regular sales have had worse sales in the big ones. In fact, they're usually always better.

Wait.

Should I trust this sentiment? :I

I'm being tempted harshly.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Would you care to bet 5.00 dollars that it will be more than 33%? It's going to be at least 50 percent (and probably 66 or 75).

No bets here. I expect it'll be 50% across the summer sale, and maybe featured in a daily deal for higher.

I suspect MSRP will be $19.99 by Christmas, which should make it $5-10 for the Christmas sale.

Tomodachi

From Dust is a title everyone calling himself a gamer should try, it really has some amazing stuff concealed under clunky controls (even with a 360 pad it's not that smooth, control-wise, unfortunately). I don't see the problem with being locked at 30fps, it's a sim game, not a racing game.
It has a huge issue though, and it's the lack of a sandbox mode available since the beginning AND with a huge map (you unlock something like that at the end of the missions, but it really is a tiny map to play with), but other than that I think it's a little gem of this generation and I really wish there were more games in a genre long forgotten, now that the tech allows some really amazing stuff with physics and such.
Another issue would of course be the lack of PC optimization (hey ubisoft, time to put some effort in your ports, right?) but at this low price I really can't consider that a big issue.

1-D_FTW

The only real way to win the Steam sales game is to not play: only buy stuff that you'll get to within a week or two. If you miss out on a deeper discount before a seasonal sale, evaluate if the seasonal sale price is worth it, or wait for another opportunity when it'll probably be even cheaper. Not every game needs to be on your Steam list as quickly as possible or ever.

Except there are general floors for games. And the floor hasn't changed in a while. So if you know you want to buy the game when it hits rock bottom, there's no harm in purchasing (so you can then play without having to wait whenever the mood strikes).

This obviously only applies to games that are rock bottom pricing. This is the only way you win the Steam game (and even then, you still need to exercise willpower on games you only like in theory and will never truly play).

No bets here. I expect it'll be 50% across the summer sale, and maybe featured in a daily deal for higher.

I suspect MSRP will be $19.99 by Christmas, which should make it $5-10 for the Christmas sale.

Heh. Just had to throw it out there. Wanted to see if you'd take a sucker bet from the sucker's perspective for once;)

Nothing for me today, luckily/sadly. Only Rayman interests me but I can wait for it to hit 10€ or below.

Remaining days will most likely be AssCreed and Splinter Cell/Prince of Persia.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Today I realised that I haven't given away any spare indie bundle codes in a while, because they go live when it's late here and I simply forget to hand out the spares the next day. I can't remember which ones I've used (Steam doesn't display the used key message if you already own the game), so I've lumped all 2012 codes into this post, hidden behind the e-mail tag. Naturally, many of them will have been used already, by myself, but some will work. Due to the amount of keys contained herein, mention if they're already used or if you've used one, and I'll cull the list accordingly.

Indie Gala:

Steel Storm: Burning Retribution: 5HRXX-9RWG5-TYX5H

Indie Royale:

Tobe's Vertical Adventure: 03TAR-WBYMY-KKEGI
Osmos: 26XB2-0CHXN-0PBDV

Humble Bundle for Android:

Toki Tori: IMQNP-LHEN0-3QBHR
Windosill: GNMZD-I6LTF-Z90E5

(Ignore the broken text -- the formatting plays silly buggers with the email tag.)

Edit: B.U.T.T.O.N., Defense Grid & DLC, World of Goo, Blueberry Garden, Altitude, Botanicula/Machinarium/Samorost 2, Disciples II: Gallean's Return, Really Big Sky, Critical Mass, Bunch of Heroes, Hack, Slash, Loot, Unstoppable Gorg, Fortix 2, Flatout, Hacker Evolution, Astro Tripper, Alien Shooter 2, Alien Shooter, Depths of Peril, Alien Zombie Megadeath, Twin Sector, Greed Corp, Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes, Trapped Dead, Greed: Black Border, Future Wars, Cloning Clyde, Ancients of Ooga, Roboblitz, A.R.E.S: Extinction Agenda, and EDGE/Anomaly/Osmos removed.

Edit 2: Steel Storm: Burning Retribution, Tobe's Vertical Adventure, Osmos, Toki Tori, and Windosill are still available.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I tried RoboBlitz and it gave me an invalid code error--is it possible that they lock attempting to activate codes if you try too many duplicate ones?

Today I realised that I haven't given away any spare indie bundle codes in a while, because they go live when it's late here and I simply forget to hand out the spares the next day. I can't remember which ones I've used (Steam doesn't display the used key message if you already own the game), so I've lumped all 2012 codes into this post, hidden behind the e-mail tag. Naturally, many of them will have been used already, by myself, but some will work. Due to the amount of keys contained herein, mention if they're already used or if you've used one, and I'll cull the list accordingly.

Indie Gala:

Critical Mass: 0XR2M-M6N0M-WX8JJ
Fortix 2: 0XT52-64353-YVRYC
Bunch of Heroes: 0Y54Y-JW3NC-ZZATV
Hacker Evolution: Y57A3-C0EV4-NEXL7
Roboblitz: 0PJCX-9L990-BY6BK
Greed Corp: A5S2D-44RRA-IQL2G-DXH34-ZJE8Q
Future Wars: 54PFA-6D3N3-0VDAJ
Greed: Black Border: 56DP4-V4GHF-M6NI6
Trapped Dead: 55HNT-29NBN-M0YY0
Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes: 4KAWG-5372X-6ZEI8
Twin Sector: 4JN30-3YRWB-YFD6Q
Flatout: 4KZ8R-HKCJV-ANRIM
A.R.E.S: Extinction Agenda: 5GPHL-HNCQ0-2EZYI
Alien Shooter: 5FKJ9-JNW26-4NDDT
Disciples II: Gallean's Return: 4V2AH-WRJ4I-MK96X
Altitude: 4QIBQ-MC45F-M067R
Alien Shooter 2: 4T8KA-QIB76-8K0E9
Really Big Sky: 4PP2C-N0LZ2-Q3966

Indie Royale:

Ancients of Ooga: 304I3-5ADLX-DTYEC
Cloning Clyde: 2VL4I-ZVGA9-69TF3
Defense Grid: The Awakening: 9WT4J-VCAHL-A2VAC
-- Resurgence Map 1: 8ECF0-4QTKT-RZJ8V
-- Resurgence Map 2: 83KAZ-KEEJX-T4ZC8
-- Resurgence Map 3: 7ZF9N-FBJY0-7A4IX
-- Resurgence Map 4: 7Z6LH-YMRDN-5GJGI
Hack, Slash, Loot: 4L0ID-NLCHV-LR5Y9
Alien Zombie Megadeath: 4H7W3-GV83K-K5QQ2
Astro Tripper: A5ZFR-3CLI5-6H9P2
Unstoppable Gorg: 5BMJX-V4X44-YAGT3
Depths of Peril: 5D39H-A27LJ-7KLEW
Blueberry Garden: 2HGXY-3GI9Q-LP7VH

EDGE, Anomaly, and Osmos: FETJH-NLR56-XMEL0
World of Goo: FZXLC-PTQVN-7BE3Y
Botanicula, Machinarium, and Samorost 2: DM4ZG-QH926-BHIJM

(Ignore the broken text -- the formatting plays silly buggers with the email tag.)

Edit: B.U.T.T.O.N. removed.
I got Altitude! Thanks!
Botanicula, Disciples II and Really Big Sky are already used.

JaseC

I tried RoboBlitz and it gave me an invalid code error--is it possible that they lock attempting to activate codes if you try too many duplicate ones?

Hmm, perhaps. I just tried it myself and got the "Product already owned" error. Anyone else tried it?

Peff

That doesn't usually happen when a dev posts one of those huge lists that are force people to go one by one, but I'm getting that error too.

Are there any news on the Hard Reset DLC?

HoosTrax

Critical Mass, Bunch of Heroes, Hack, Slash, Loot, and Unstoppable Gorg were already used.

I took this one for myself: Fortix 2. Thanks!

Rapstah

I am fairly sure those are all taken now, I wanted Flatout but it was already used. Don't want to try them all to see if they're all taken in case someone actually wants a game.

EDIT: Apparently not!

Milamber

Indie Gala:

Critical Mass: 0XR2M-M6N0M-WX8JJ
Fortix 2: 0XT52-64353-YVRYC
Bunch of Heroes: 0Y54Y-JW3NC-ZZATV
Hacker Evolution: Y57A3-C0EV4-NEXL7
Twin Sector: 4JN30-3YRWB-YFD6Q
Flatout: 4KZ8R-HKCJV-ANRIM
Alien Shooter: 5FKJ9-JNW26-4NDDT
Disciples II: Gallean's Return: 4V2AH-WRJ4I-MK96X
Altitude: 4QIBQ-MC45F-M067R
Alien Shooter 2: 4T8KA-QIB76-8K0E9
Really Big Sky: 4PP2C-N0LZ2-Q3966

Indie Royale:

Hack, Slash, Loot: 4L0ID-NLCHV-LR5Y9
Alien Zombie Megadeath: 4H7W3-GV83K-K5QQ2
Astro Tripper: A5ZFR-3CLI5-6H9P2
Unstoppable Gorg: 5BMJX-V4X44-YAGT3
Depths of Peril: 5D39H-A27LJ-7KLEW

Botanicula, Machinarium, and Samorost 2: DM4ZG-QH926-BHIJM

Edit: B.U.T.T.O.N., Defense Grid & DLC, World of Goo, and Blueberry Garden removed.

Got Hacker Evolution. Thanks.

Wok

Indie Gala:

Indie Royale:

Edit: B.U.T.T.O.N., Defense Grid & DLC, World of Goo, Blueberry Garden, Altitude, Botanicula/Machinarium/Samorost 2, Disciples II: Gallean's Return, Really Big Sky, Critical Mass, Bunch of Heroes, Hack, Slash, Loot, Unstoppable Gorg, Fortix 2, Flatout, Hacker Evolution, Astro Tripper, Alien Shooter 2, Alien Shooter, Depths of Peril, Alien Zombie Megadeath, and Twin Sector removed.

Thanks for Greed Corp.

JaseC

I just discovered that registered keys show up in your purchase history as "retail", so I'll cross-reference it with the key list.

Wok

I just discovered that registered keys show up in your purchase history as "retail", so I'll cross-reference it with the key list.

Before trying Greed Corp, I tried several which were already used:
  • Roboblitz
  • Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
  • Twin Sector

JaseC

Before trying Greed Corp, I tried several which were already used:
  • Roboblitz
  • Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
  • Twin Sector

Yeah, they were in my purchase history. The handful that are left should work. :)

Indie Gala:

Indie Royale:

Edit: B.U.T.T.O.N., Defense Grid & DLC, World of Goo, Blueberry Garden, Altitude, Botanicula/Machinarium/Samorost 2, Disciples II: Gallean's Return, Really Big Sky, Critical Mass, Bunch of Heroes, Hack, Slash, Loot, Unstoppable Gorg, Fortix 2, Flatout, Hacker Evolution, Astro Tripper, Alien Shooter 2, Alien Shooter, Depths of Peril, Alien Zombie Megadeath, Twin Sector, Greed Corp, Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes, Trapped Dead, Greed: Black Border, Future Wars, Cloning Clyde, Ancients of Ooga, and Roboblitz removed.

got the edge+anomaly+osmos pack. thanks a lot :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom