• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuYuri

Thinking about biting on Dead Island, but it will be the same price (or even cheaper) same time next month, right?

There's a GOTY version coming.

Just keep in mind, even if the GotY version replaces the vanilla version, it will probably be another while before it goes on sale. Dead Island with DLC right now is around $20, GotY will release at $30.

So basically, if you want to pay even less than that, you've got more waiting ahead of you.

derFeef

The DLC is worth it?

I don't really think so. Altough I have only seen it at a friends. One ios a survival mode (yay...) The other one is an alternate take on the story with a different character with much more action and guns (yay...?) - no idea how long that is though.

KingKong

woot bought Thief 1 and 2. havent played them in like a decade :D

Thief Deadly Shadows was OK, it had a few good moments, but the real problem is that it was made for Xbox so it had very tiny levels and lots of loading screens. Also the open city, which is a nice idea, ended up being annoying especially because it was so small (so you had to go through like 3 loading screens just to get to the next mission)

Aselith

I have a 50% off coupon for King Arthur 2. If anyone wants it, please send me a friend request on Steam (aselith) and just ask.

For the past 3 days I have been unable to play Torchlight 1 because launching it begins an instlallation of DirectX or something and then it says "This game is currently unavailabe."

For the past 3 days I have been unable to play Torchlight 1 because launching it begins an instlallation of DirectX or something and then it says "This game is currently unavailabe."

Verify integrity of game cache. If that doesn't work then close steam, navigate to your steam folder, and delete clientregistry.blob and restart.

klinkcow

Neo Member
They'll go lower eventually, but they are absolutely worth it even at full price. Some of the best games ever made.

Whats the best Thief title to go in at? Should I start with GOLD, or just go staright to Metal Age?

I am in the same boat as the guy above. I have never played Thief...always wanted to though

Whats the best Thief title to go in at? Should I start with GOLD, or just go staright to Metal Age?

I am in the same boat as the guy above. I have never played Thief...always wanted to though

If you can, I'd pick them both up. Most people will say Thief 2 is better, but I still enjoyed Thief 1 a ton and I think it's definitely worth playing.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, I guess we are going to do the standard plan of closing this topic when the Summer Sale ends, and making OT2 after?

i loved deadly shadows, got it as a gift, and never played the first two. you guys are saying they are even better? i must have them.

i think i will wait for a bigger sale though. happy these games are on steam.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
STEAM 2012 |OT2|: for fuck's sake, JaseC's avatar is Saoirse Ronan.

But then what would we talk about? Steam? Hah!

i loved deadly shadows, got it as a gift, and never played the first two. you guys are saying they are even better? i must have them.

i think i will wait for a bigger sale though. happy these games are on steam.

Even if the games were discounted by 75%, you'd be saving a meagre $5.

kafiend

Really want Dead Island, but I don't have anyone to play with.

I played through it mostly solo and had lots of fun.

It has a public multiplayer mode where people can arrive in your own game as you were playing so you could co-op. You also get prompted to join others doing the same stuff as you as you play.

You can turn it all off and just be 100% solo tho as well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

BosSin

Greenman gaming didn't give me a steam activation code for fear 3 with my email, guess I'm gonna have to email them after work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom