• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Dead Island Goty will be $10 during the X-Mas sale, I don't know about you, but I don't want to add the base version to my back-log.

AlexBasch

Dead Island Goty will be $10 during the X-Mas sale, I don't know about you, but I don't want to add the base version to my back-log.
And you know this how? Or is it a hunch?

I'm not really interested on the DLC but if I could get the complete version for that amount I wouldn't mind.

EDIT: Durr I read that as summer sale, herp derp.

Adnor

Banned
So I think I fixed the problem I had with the Store, I just changed my DNS to Google DNS and now it works perfectly. I don't even know why, I was just trying different things and this worked.
It's just a DNS, it shouldn't be against Steam's rules, right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So I think I fixed the problem I had with the Store, I just changed my DNS to Google DNS and now it works perfectly. I don't even know why, I was just trying different things and this worked.
It's just a DNS, it shouldn't be against Steam's rules, like a proxy, right?

You'll be fine -- a DNS server is basically just a record of domain names and their accompanying IP addresses.

Turnstyle

What are the chances of Max Payne 1 & 2 getting reduced any time soon? I've never played them, and what with the release of MP 3, I really want to give them a go.

I can't work out if they're more or less likely go on sale, due to MP3 interest!

Spwn

What are the chances of Max Payne 1 & 2 getting reduced any time soon? I've never played them, and what with the release of MP 3, I really want to give them a go.

I can't work out if they're more or less likely go on sale, due to MP3 interest!

The first two Max Payne games are on sale pretty regularly. The bundle of MP1&2 was on sale at least three times last year.

JordanKZ

Fairly high during the summer sale. I think the original dropped down below £2 a few times.

MP1 and 2 are fantastic games. Probably going to replay them before the third one hits PC at the end of the month.

The price of Shogun 2 with DLCs and Fall of the Samurai expansion will be lunch money in the December sale or same time next year - last September you could get Empire & Napoleon +all DLCs for like, 10 euros.

gdt

Can someone help me out with Superbrother SS Ep1?

Don't know what to do after getting the second Trigon (dark moon).

Went back into dream world, followed the bear for a little bit, dunno what I'm supposed to do next. Apparently in the iPhone version you had wait till IRL we have a bright moon....please don't tell me I have to do the same for the pc version. Please.

Can someone help me out with Superbrother SS Ep1?

Don't know what to do after getting the second Trigon (dark moon).

Went back into dream world, followed the bear for a little bit, dunno what I'm supposed to do next. Apparently in the iPhone version you had wait till IRL we have a bright moon....please don't tell me I have to do the same for the pc version. Please.

You can change your system time to enable a bright moon phase. There's also a trick to change the moon phase from within the game which you can find in a walkthrough. You can read it here - http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPad/Superbrothers:+Sword+&+Sworcery+EP/feature.asp?c=28813

Sanjay

You won't be disappointed, MP 1&2 have aged really well. MP2 still has better texture quality then most top PC games.

Nabs

MP1&2 are both great and still stand up today. The pack will definitely go on sale during the Summer sale.

Metro Last Light (Short Film) is up on Steam.

The Dirt Showdown homepage is ugly as fuck.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I demand we switch our Steam currency standard to the Dirt Showdown key.

Our current prison economy has inflated to the point of total stagnation.

Volcynika

Tried to play Max Payne 1 via Steam just with no real tweaking (Win 7 64-bit), the sound is just messed up and drops out part of the time.

SLV

Tried to play Max Payne 1 via Steam just with no real tweaking (Win 7 64-bit), the sound is just messed up and drops out part of the time.

You can easily fix it ! I know i did, there is a steam forum thread about it, just google it up and follow the instructions, worked great for me and many others.

BEATEN

Daily Deal - Metro 2033 $4.99 (75% off).

Civ V is on sale by the way (75% off), so it's probably the weekend deal.

Edit: Yep, the game also has a free weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom