• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sysgen

Don't do it unless you have 3 other friends committed to playing it. It's boring as hell alone.

Some people said the same thing about Borderlands and it prevented me from buying the game for the longest time, and then when I played Borderlands it turned out to be one of my best single player experiences ever.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Some people said the same thing about Borderlands and it prevented me from buying the game for the longest time, and then when I played Borderlands it turned out to be one of my best single player experiences ever.
I only played BL with 3 other friends so I can't really say much there. DI, bored to death alone. BL was the same alone but much better than DI.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I liked BL a lot both alone and with friends. I haven't really touched Dead Island since I want to pop that cherry with my homies. Hopefully it hits 5$ on the Summer sale.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Spent wayyy too much this month, so I told myself yesterday when I saw Thief I / II that I could wait for the next sale.

Just woke up a few minutes ago and decided that was all nonsense, bought them both. Oh well!

SparkTR

Spent wayyy too much this month, so I told myself yesterday when I saw Thief I / II that I could wait for the next sale.

Just woke up a few minutes ago and decided that was all nonsense, bought them both. Oh well!

Worth it. I'm playing through Thief Gold and it's still intense as hell despite the age. It's timeless.

Crossposting from the Indie Bundle thread:

The Bundle in a Box is live

Games:
Gemini Rue (DRM Free, Steam, Desura)
Ben There, Dan That! + Time Gentleman, Please! (DRM Free, Steam, Desura)
The Sea Will Claim Everything(DRM Free)
1893: A World's Fair Mystery(DRM Free)

Beating the average will give you The Shivah (DRM Free) and Metal Dead (DRM Free, Desura). There are also unlock able soundtracks for Gemini Rue and The Shivah and the Metal Dead Booklet after a certain sales threshold is met.

EDIT: The minimum price is 2.99$ right now, but it will decrease after 500 sales

suikodan

Me and my friend are still interested in the Dead Island 4 Pack, if anyone wanna join :)

A friend and I "could" join your group. Do you still need 2 people?

If not, then we're missing two people for Dead Island 4 pack on Steam
Paypal only and payment in advance (I'm a trusted GAF member btw)

ngt

Eve Online: Inferno is out. I've got and old gift of Eve Online: Crucible in my inventory. Is it Inferno with the old name?

ctrayne

You did the right thing. They are in their own class. Deadly Shadows is well worth it if you don't have it yet.

Rapstah

Eve Online: Inferno is out. I've got and old gift of Eve Online: Crucible in my inventory. Is it Inferno with the old name?

There's only one app and I don't think there has ever been a paid component of any of these name changes, so I'm assuming that if you were to gift someone that it would turn into "inferno" in the game list. My EVE entry in the list changes name all the time and I haven't come close to playing it for two years.

Blizzard

Banned
Huh, Eidos and Square, I must have been ignorant about this. That looks pretty neat...

Pre-Purchase OfferPre-order now and receive an upgrade to the Limited Edition for Free! The Limited Edition includes the following DLC Packs: George St. Pierre (GSP)’ content:

■GSP’s signature “flying punch”
■Exclusive GSP outfit including T-shirts, headband and shorts
■The GSP outfit unlocks the “flying punch” and increases grappling and throwing damage
‘Police Protection’ content:
■Exclusive “High Speed” Mission which includes :
■Exclusive HK Police SWAT Outfit
■Exclusive assault rifle
■Exclusive SWAT Police Vehicle
Why hello there day-1 DLC that may affect gameplay? =(

Salsa

It's an Eidos 3rd person action game. I am 100% there.

25_To_Life_Coverart.png

Eusis

Man, it's crazy how quickly and badly CGI can age. I didn't mention this in the high/lows thread but the memory of Shellshock's ads and cover clearly stick to me as a reason (however irrational since I didn't even play it) that I don't look back on the first half of 1996 very well, but I'm amazed that looks as bad as it does. When did that came out, 2005, 2006?

Hadn't seen this posted. Just found out about it myself.

http://groupees.com/bab

The build a bundle... um bundle. Some steam games in there, you just have to look and make sure which ones give you keys.

You get three, and there were 4 I didn't have Not true, I'm dumb. (tough decisions were made, gotta remember to get Necrovision at some point now). The Darkling Room Dark Fall: Lost Souls game has no key right now but it's coming according to twitter.

Wok

Hadn't seen this posted. Just found out about it myself.

http://groupees.com/bab

The build a bundle... um bundle. Some steam games in there, you just have to look and make sure which ones give you keys.

You get three, and there were 4 I didn't have (tough decisions were made, gotta remember to get Necrovision at some point now). The Darkling Room Dark Fall: Lost Souls game has no key right now but it's coming according to twitter.

Three is the minimum, but you could have taken four.

Three is the minimum, but you could have taken four.

What?! Aw man that's what I get for not reading.

And then you have to pick 3 as a minimum so you just can't get one you want for $1, which would be fine but I can't find a way to add on to existing. Oh well.

So it's worth picking up? $6 is pretty tempting but I'm not sure what kind of RPG this is. Is it close to The Witcher or Skyrim or what?

For six bucks, yeah. It's got a decent combat system for an action rpg and the open world of the base game ain't half-bad...

http://steamcommunity.com/id/dangry/screenshots/?tab=&showdate=1&filter=shortcut_408

As with other mid-tier crpgs, there's going to be some rough spots but I think it's well worth playing, at 6$ you'll easily get your money's worth.

Coop

Is there anything interesting about the Deus Ex update?

The patch includes:

- Some players accounted a problem where the Tai Young Medical shuttle in Hengsha would not arrive. This has been resolved.
• Existing save-games can be loaded and continued from normally, the shuttle will now arrive.
- We have provided a workaround for stability and performance issues on AMD FX CPUs with specific firmware versions.
- We have made further changes to reduce stuttering in the game.
• Improvements to background streaming of resources. (on DX11 only)
• Workarounds have been added for issues that can happen with Windows asynchronous file IO.
• We have improved parallelism with the graphics driver on dual-core machines. (should also benefit machines with more cores)
- SSAO has been improved to look less noisy.
- Various minor issues with 3DVision have been resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom