• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Are all of the Thief games good and working on modern Windows 7 systems without shenanigans? I've never played them, but if there any I still don't own, that price seems pretty good.

Deadly Shadows is good (or so I hear), while Thief Gold and Thief II are amazing. The product pages of the latter two mention XP/Vista as the OS requirement, so I would assume that they're the very same versions seen on GoG.

I actually played a few minutes of Deadly Shadows some time last year, and, widescreen support aside, I didn't have to fiddle with anything.

Such an interesting movie.

With my game log I think I won't spend much this time around when and if sale comes.

I don't want to drag this thread in the wrong direction, so all I'll say is that, after watching it for a second time and seeing Filming The Lovely Bones (an almost-three-hour documentary that comes with the two-disc LE BD), I have a soft spot for the film, despite my issues with it.

Blizzard

Banned
Deadly Shadows is good (or so I hear), while Thief Gold and Thief II are amazing. The product pages of the latter two mention XP/Vista as the OS requirement, so I would assume that they're the very same versions seen on GoG.

I actually played a few minutes of Deadly Shadows some time last year, and, widescreen support aside, I didn't have to fiddle with anything.
And yet I don't use either XP or Vista. :/ So do 2/3 of them not work in Windows 7 64-bit home premium?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
And yet I don't use either XP or Vista. :/ So do 2/3 of them not work in Windows 7 64-bit home premium?

They should work fine; 7 is, as far as program compatibility is concerned, practically identical to Vista.

Edit: Beaten.

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I'd consider buying Dead Island if it was 75%. Here's hoping that, even though it will release when the summer sale starts, Dead Island GOTY will be 15 dollars after a slight reduction.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Also, 18? Been fine for two years then. UK laws are where it's at.

ilr7HArGPjCGd.gif

Still interested in the 4pack of Dead Island, if anyone would be so nice to gift and if we would finde some more people :)

Edit: A friend of mine would also like, so already 2 :)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just so we're clear: in many, if not most, U.S. states, 16 is the legal age of consent for women, too. It doesn't mean it still isn't pervy.

Oh is it? I thought it was 18.

Of course it's pervy! Not denying that. :p It's just acceptable pervy in most instances.

Anyway, this is a tad off-topic, so I'll say that Dead Island is quite shit and you should resist.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
just bought rayman origins on a whim, love it, so much fun

Any similar games like it on steam?

I can't wait for Torchlight 2 to come out. Second day in a row I can't play Diablo 3 because of incredibly high ping. I knew this was going to be a problem and should have avoided the game but I was wanting a new loot game so bad.

Relax.MX

Yeah. Thats how it normally goes if someone is buying a 4pack.

Too bad. Maybe its still a bit too early. Whats the time in America now? Guess most arent even off from the job.

Yeah I'm working right now..but I'm undecided this or torchlight 2 mmm is my birthday gift of me for me(yesterday was my birthday)

I pick tl2 but I fear to probably release problems(some friend who play the beta told me about unbalance gameplay)

Is that (with) the newest expansion pack?

Always, though the Steam version is so frequently out of date that you have to run manual patches. It's one of those cases where running the standalone version is a slightly easier experience I found.

I think making a rolling expansion pack part of the asking price is one of the key successes to EVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom