• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

http://www.becausewemay.com/steam.html discounts are live. I'm kind of disappointed in the prices. I got most of these for cheaper.

The Steam prices are not live on the Steam store.

Double Fine is cool with the FX: Stacking costs $7.49 and 5,40€. A contrario, Q.U.B.E. costs $7.49 and 6,99€.

This may well convince me to buy Stacking now. I doubt a discount higher than 60% would be applied during the Summer sale. 75% at most, and it would be a difference of only one euro.

reminder

Daily Deal - Metro 2033 $4.99 (75% off).

Civ V is on sale by the way (75% off), so it's probably the weekend deal.

Edit: Yep, the game also has a free weekend.

Somehow i can't get the free download to work. I click on the link, but the download won't start. Anyone else have this problem?

reminder

Which link? Free weekends make it where everyone has the game in their Steam library.

PKcMg.jpg

The "Click Here" link doesn't do anything for me. Tried it from both, Steam client and browser.

So, Civilization scenario DLC worth it? Not really interested in the map packs

The scenarios tend to provide you with limited/fixed tech trees and units, so the scenario tends to differ from what you'd experience playing a regular game and even if you only play through the scenario once that's easily a few hours per scenario.

I'd say yes but then I've bought all of the Civ V DLC.

Nabs

Somehow i can't get the free download to work. I click on the link, but the download won't start. Anyone else have this problem?

Try restarting Steam or wait until later.

Hmmm Red Orchestra for 10$. I'm tempted but the learning curve is scaring the crap out of me...

There should also be a Red Orchestra 2 Free Weekend, so just try it out later and see if it's worth picking up.

The scenarios tend to provide with limited/fixed tech trees and units, so the experience tends to differ from what you'd experience playing a regular game and even if you only play through the scenario once that's easily a few hours per scenario.

I'd say yes but then I've bought all of the Civ V DLC.

Sounds good, bought. :)

Nabs

Double Fine is cool with the FX: Stacking costs $7.49 and 5,40€. A contrario, Q.U.B.E. costs $7.49 and 6,99€.

This may well convince me to buy Stacking now. I doubt a discount higher than 60% would be applied during the Summer sale. 75% at most, and it would be a difference of only one euro.

Stacking is actually $6 in the US Store.

Alrix

Daily Deal - Metro 2033 $4.99 (75% off).

Civ V is on sale by the way (75% off), so it's probably the weekend deal.

Edit: Yep, the game also has a free weekend.

Nice, I was about to buy them from gamersgate but hesitated because I didn't know whether or not I'd be able to get them into my steam library, but now that Steam has the same exact deals I'll just get it through them.

Nabs

Is Stacking locked at 30fps like Costume Quest?

It's definitely unlocked. You may have to disable the in game vsync, but I'm not sure. There is also an FOV Slider once you're in game.

Btw, I'm pretty sure Costume Quest is no longer locked at 30. I think I had to pause the game once to shake off the lock.

Picked up fieldrunners on impulse since I like tower defence games. Anyone who knows something about it?

oh download done

*edit*

Well now I have played my first map. Took me until round 40 before I realised I could upgrade the towers lol. died at round 44. Well I did just do a simple road of death thing to try things out a bit.

Simplistic tower defence with only 6 maps but seems quite solid in it's gameplay and since I only payed 3 euros it seems well worth it.
Has achievements as well so there is more to go after then just high-score tables.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga loaded fine. So the developer and publisher logo showed up, and then the spinning loading icon thing on the right. Suddenly, game froze/crash and apparently a warning window appeared which closed quickly. I tried running the game again and it happens again. Any idea what's happening?

Ticket to Ride just got put up.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/8057/

Ticket to Ride is Now Available on Steam! Purchase this week and receive the Europe DLC for free, offer ends Thursday, May 31 10AM PDT.

The best Online adaptation yet of Days of Wonder's best-selling train game, Ticket to Ride takes less than one minute to learn but a lifetime to master.

Play Solo or Online. With over 30,000,000 games played Online, and a new game starting every 4 seconds on average, Ticket to Ride is the ultimate online board game experience.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/108200/

Edit: whoops late

Wok

Stacking costs 5,40€.
Stacking is actually $6 in the US Store.
Well, the "because we may" website is wrong then. But I won't complain.
Looks like they changed stacking to be $7.50

Steam was too good: a 60% discount when the website indicates a 50% discount. The error is now corrected: back to $7.49 or 6,74€. Oh well, I was not fast enough. The summer sale should bring at least a 50% discount.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Not sure why they skimped on the DLC for TTR.

Full game board list:
Ticket to Ride <-- available
USA 1910 <-- available
Europe <-- available
Europa 1912
Switzerland <-- available
Germany (Merkin)
Nordic Countries
India
Legendary Asia
Team Asia
Alvin and Dexter
Dice

Just the same, it's a great game. I'll probably pick it up during the summer sale if any of y'all want to lose badly to me.

Full game board list:
USA 1910 <-- available
Europe <-- available
Europa 1912
Germany (Merkin)
Nordic Countries
India
Legendary Asia
Team Asia
Alvin and Dexter
Dice

Just the same, it's a great game. I'll probably pick it up during the summer sale if any of y'all want to lose badly to me.

Any reason to believe it won't come eventually? I mean it can't be that hard to make. Maybe they're just feeling it out to see how much $$$ they make.

Kabouter

Full game board list:
USA 1910 <-- available
Europe <-- available
Europa 1912
Germany (Merkin)
Nordic Countries
India
Legendary Asia
Team Asia
Alvin and Dexter
Dice

They probably figure releasing DLC in a staggered schedule will get people to buy more of it, because new DLC releases might get them to come back to the game again and what not.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Can anyone vouch for Stacking? Also a game I thought looked interesting and different and worth a try, and since it's on sale also thinking about nabbing it.

Its neat. And lots of little things keep it going, hidden things, whimsy animations and so forth. Very much enjoyed it on Ps3 back when it came out.

Can anyone vouch for Stacking? Also a game I thought looked interesting and different and worth a try, and since it's on sale also thinking about nabbing it.

It's a cute game that has a lot of charm and atmosphere - but it's not a particularly robust or interesting adventure. I had alot more fun with Costume Quest.

Madridy

Divinity II Dragon Knight Saga loaded fine. So the developer and publisher logo showed up, and then the spinning loading icon thing on the right. Suddenly, game froze/crash and apparently a warning window appeared which closed quickly. I tried running the game again and it happens again. Any idea what's happening?

Still need help from Divinity II DKS :(

Searching Google lead me to this:

I can't get the game to run, spinning logo in the bottom corner and then the game crashes

Do you have an Nvidia GPU?

Seems to be a problem with PhysicX, try turning the PhysicX option from "Automatic" to "processor" instead.

MasLegio

Banned
Nice, I was about to buy them from gamersgate but hesitated because I didn't know whether or not I'd be able to get them into my steam library, but now that Steam has the same exact deals I'll just get it through them.

thats dumb, people never learn regarding steamworks and steams ripoff pricing it seems

its cheaper on gamersgate and they do work on steam

Blizzard

Banned
Are any of the Civ 5 DLCs worth it? It's kinda complicated with several of them also being in sub packages.
I think you can get everything for the best price by getting like three different packs, or two packs and something individually, I forget. I think I got them all from an earlier sale, but I haven't played them yet.

Aselith

I wish Steam would implement a mark of some sort by games that you already own like PSN and GOG do. If I game has a lot of DLC or whatever, it fucking sucks trying to find out what you have in that unexpandable DLC window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom