• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cromat

It has some really bad stuff in it. If you value your life, you will skip Civ 5.
the game is so good that you can't stop, this is the worst thing in the game, that you can't stop..... wait, how long I've been playing again?... what day is today??

Serious version; The game is great, definately recommended if you enjoy turn-based strategies. Tho some might prefer Civ 3 or Civ 4 to it.

I'm a huge fan of Civ IV.
The backlash against V from IV fans really put me off trying it so far (that and the fact that until very recently I didn't have a PC that could play it).

ari

Banned
While I see your point, the difference mostly is that you can't buy Starcraft, WoW, and Diablo digitally besides Battlenet. You can buy EA games from Impulse, Gamefly, etc but not on Steam. Also, I wonder if Crysis 2 showing up in the registry is at all connected to Valve's games being sold on other digital distribution channels? Was EA basically saying to Valve 'you sell your games elsewhere and we will see EA games on Steam'?

doesn't valve charge a lot to have games on steam though? i buy all my ea downloadable games from amazon and i can see why ea would like to keep the percentages to themselves and avoid steam if they can do it on their own through sites like that....oh well.

1-D_FTW

doesn't valve charge a lot to have games on steam though? i buy all my ea downloadable games from amazon and i can see why ea would like to keep the percentages to themselves and avoid steam if they can do it on their own through sites like that....oh well.

Steam charges 30 percent. Just like every other digital platform on the planet. As for retail, Steam charges less. So Steam is either = or more profitable than every other platform out there for EA (minus Origin of course).

Steam charges 30 percent. Just like every other digital platform on the planet. As for retail, Steam charges less. So Steam is either = or more profitable than every other platform out there for EA (minus Origin of course).
Yep. So we have to start talking about audience and exposure. We have terrible numbers for steam, and even worse understanding of origin numbers.

Decker

I'm a huge fan of Civ IV.
The backlash against V from IV fans really put me off trying it so far (that and the fact that until very recently I didn't have a PC that could play it).

that's my same situation

I have played couple of hours and of course it's addictive, it's Civ formula after all

but I find it confusing, as if they were trying to forcefully simplify some complex game concepts and something went wrong

I don't know, will give another try and in case I will buy it

Damn, I didn't notice that the LA Noire offered for Max Payne 3 pre-orders was the regular edition. I didn't even know the regular edition existed on PC - I was pretty sure it launched as the Complete Edition.

Gah!

Madridy

I just calculated how much I've spent on Steam since 2008, and I'm shocked...

Total number of games: 226
Money spent: ~$530

That is about $2.35 per game! Insane!

Man, can't wait to build my new PC so I can play the other +200 games I haven't touched yet! :p

Dmax3901

So I posted this in the Max Payne 3 PC thread but I'll try here too.

I'm looking for someone from the UK to pre purchase Max Payne 3 and gift it and the free copy of LA Noire to me. I can pay immediately through Paypal.

Steam ID: Dmax3901. Thanks in advance!

So I posted this in the Max Payne 3 PC thread but I'll try here too.

I'm looking for someone from the UK to pre purchase Max Payne 3 and gift it and the free copy of LA Noire to me. I can pay immediately through Paypal.

Steam ID: Dmax3901. Thanks in advance!

I'm watching a boring football friendly atm haha, I added you.

I have no self control anymore, I just buy everything that is on sale. I did purchase and install Super Meat Boy and what a great and horrible rage inducing game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom