• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone here know anything from Valve as to whether or not there is a release date set yet for the eXceed Collection of bullethell games on Steam. The collection launched over a month ago on PC for direct download

Wha? It did? Where can I buy this?

Mass Effect 3 and BF3 are going to require you to login to Origin anyway

Maybe if you're excited because you'll get to give Valve a cut, otherwise it's the same shit

Lime

Anybody wants to gift me Civilization 5: GOTY for Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai? I have a spare copy of Fall of the Samurai and vanilla Shogun 2 is not required.

old?

http://www.gameware.at/info/space/Homefront

Homefront for 2,99€ on gameware.at
The store is 100% trustworthy but you probably need to know German in order to buy it. (the game is in english, though)

Did anyone outside of germany manage to buy this?

It keeps asking me to select a valid payment option but i can't see where to select it. I can't tell if there's something wrong with the site or if my german is just super rusty.

Gav47

Did anyone outside of germany manage to buy this?

It keeps asking me to select a valid payment option but i can't see where to select it. I can't tell if there's something wrong with the site or if my german is just super rusty.

Yeah I got it, are you selecting PayPal as your payment method?

Also this registers as Homefront (DE) anyone know if that means no blood or is it just a language thing?

Yaska

I'm hesitant about Civilization V.
Heard a lot of bad things about it.

It has some really bad stuff in it. If you value your life, you will skip Civ 5.
the game is so good that you can't stop, this is the worst thing in the game, that you can't stop..... wait, how long I've been playing again?... what day is today??

Serious version; The game is great, definately recommended if you enjoy turn-based strategies. Tho some might prefer Civ 3 or Civ 4 to it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Yeah I got it, are you selecting PayPal as your payment method?

Also this registers as Homefront (DE) anyone know if that means no blood or is it just a language thing?

I assume the PayPal button wasn't showing up for him. I had the same issue earlier, but having just gone back to the checkout page, it's now there.

Volcynika

I think I should probably have a sign of " ___ Days since purchasing a game on Steam"

I've been going a little over a month without one, though Ys Origin is next Thursday which will end that. D:

reminder

It has some really bad stuff in it. If you value your life, you will skip Civ 5.
the game is so good that you can't stop, this is the worst thing in the game, that you can't stop..... wait, how long I've been playing again?... what day is today??

Serious version; The game is great, definately recommended if you enjoy turn-based strategies. Tho some might prefer Civ 3 or Civ 4 to it.

So true... since it's playable for free this weekend i tried it last night. Started at ~11pm and suddenly it was 4:30am. And i had to wake up at 8am today. And right now I'm downloading the GOTY edition. Goodbye life.

Not my first experience with Civ, though, but the only one i played before was Civ Revolution for PS3. Loved it, too.

HoosTrax

Just got started on Anno 2070 (been wrapping up Tropico 4). First impressions are that it's no more a city builder game than Age of Empires is -- it basically feels like an RTS with more fleshed out base building. Whereas Tropico and Caesar were more like Sim City with optional rudimentary combat.

(Not saying it's good or bad, just my initial observations. I play and enjoy all of the games mentioned above.)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Alright, did anyone order that eXseed pack directly from their site? Waiting for the code/download/whatsoever, but got nuthin'.

Got a mail from "BMT Micro" though, saying stuff about them sending a license code to me, but usually it really doesn't take that long :/

ari

Banned
Yeah, BF3 and Syndicate making the jump would be fab.

i don't know which is more dominate, steam or origin. Its seriously is just a meme at this point that steam is such this great pc dominate software thingy. I have no problem having origin and steam coexist on my pc. Its silly to not buy a game because its using a different program to access said game.

Did you guys download diablo 3 and starcraft 2? if so, why? it doesn't use anything on steam at all. Furthermore, this notion sounds silly to me because origin is actually pretty decent for just having EA tailored games. :/

Forkball

Civ V is worth $7.50. The base game is solid, the main problem is that there aren't enough campaigns or modes. It feels very basic. The game has some huge improvements over IV however.

i don't know which is more dominate, steam or origin. Its seriously is just a meme at this point that steam is such this great pc dominate software thingy. I have no problem having origin and steam coexist on my pc. Its silly to not buy a game because its using a different program to access said game.

Did you guys download diablo 3 and starcraft 2? if so, why? it doesn't use anything on steam at all. Furthermore, this notion sounds silly to me because origin is actually pretty decent for just having EA tailored games. :/

While I see your point, the difference mostly is that you can't buy Starcraft, WoW, and Diablo digitally besides Battlenet. You can buy EA games from Impulse, Gamefly, etc but not on Steam. Also, I wonder if Crysis 2 showing up in the registry is at all connected to Valve's games being sold on other digital distribution channels? Was EA basically saying to Valve 'you sell your games elsewhere and we will see EA games on Steam'?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
While I see your point, the difference mostly is that you can't buy Starcraft, WoW, and Diablo digitally besides Battlenet. You can buy EA games from Impulse, Gamefly, etc but not on Steam. Also, I wonder if Crysis 2 showing up in the registry is at all connected to Valve's games being sold on other digital distribution channels? Was EA basically saying to Valve 'you sell your games elsewhere and we will see EA games on Steam'?

I think it has more to do with EA realizing that they don't even put out DLC or patches for half their PC releases so their one excuse was looking quite flimsy. Syndicate would be an excellent example of this.

Oh that and money.

StuBurns

Banned
EA pulled their games because they want to service their users from within the games themselves, DLC etc. Valve don't want that because they want a cut of the game, and anything the user buys for the game after that.

It will be interesting to see if EA games really are coming back, who caved.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Given that EA's problem with Valve is Valve wanting a bite of DLC purchases (and availability through Steam), it makes sense that GOTY or all-DLC-included packages would be added to Steam.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Given that EA's problem with Valve is Valve wanting a bite of DLC purchases (and availability through Steam), it makes sense that GOTY or all-DLC-included packages would be added to Steam.

I can't wait for Syndicate Cyber GOTY Edition with all the great content added post release.

Yaska

Civ V is worth $7.50. The base game is solid, the main problem is that there aren't enough campaigns or modes. It feels very basic. The game has some huge improvements over IV however.

Can get it even less if you trade in Disciples II in greenmangaming. ( It was free for few days)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Man, I'm loving the GMG pre-order sales. Sleeping Dogs for 31$ and Darksiders 2 for 35$ was right in my weak zone. August is gonna be a sweet month.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Here's a question: If you pre-purchase a game on Steam, intending to give it away as a gift, can you also gift the DLC included with the pre-purchase?

markot

Banned
Why do people still use the 'dlc' excuse for ea pulling their stuff from steam?

Crysis 2 is an ea partners thingy game too, crytek probably lent on them to put it on steam, the largest pcdd market.

Gav47

With Crysis 2 coming back to Steam Crytek should just publish the Steam version of Crysis 3 themselves like 38 Studios and Remedy did.

HoosTrax

With Crysis 2 coming back to Steam Crytek should just publish the Steam version of Crysis 3 themselves like 38 Studios and Remedy did.
One would hope that if they do, it turns out like Remedy's effort did, and not like 38 Studios (although to be fair, it was mismanagement that caused the studio to go belly up and not poor sales).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom