• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

So what's the draw of Binding of Issac. It's kind of an rpg zelda and the keyboard controls are clunky. I don't get it.

The description and impressions I got from people really appealed to me, I love rogue-likes, good randomization and dungeon games of all types in general but I didn't care for it in action. Also doesn't help that it's the ugliest product of any form that I think I've ever seen. I'm sure someone out there likes the art, but it ain't me.

The description and impressions I got from people really appealed to me, I love rogue-likes, good randomization and dungeon games of all types in general but I didn't care for it in action. Also doesn't help that it's the ugliest product of any form that I think I've ever seen. I'm sure someone out there likes the art, but it ain't me.
I'm sorry you don't like piss, poop, tears and blood.

More for me.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It is the worst game I have ever played. I actually asked Valve to remove it from my account. They said no, so I put it in a category called COWA-FUCKIN-PIECE-OF-DOG-SHIT.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Picked up Alice. Hope it's good.

Also, I could use some friend adds, I just started using Steam a couple weeks ago. Same name as GAF

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I can't wait until the Big Indies come out next gen complaining about rising development costs and how it is completely necessary to raise the long held "full indie" MSRP from $5.00 to $6.00.

There will be riots.

So what's the draw of Binding of Issac. It's kind of an rpg zelda and the keyboard controls are clunky. I don't get it.
The game is short to play through, but highly replayable. Game looks ugly. Super ugly. In fact it was one of my biggest turnoffs getting into it, but when I got it in a Steam sale I couldn't stop playing nothing but BoI until I got Golden God.

Music's great, there are loads of items to find, the game starts getting gradually longer as there are multiple endings and each one begins to unlock more in the game. There's a constant satisfaction loop that didn't stop for me until I saw everything in it. Now there's more of it. Back to having absolutely no time to do anything else.

Detox

Quite a few people added me for Max Payne 3 and Alice gifts from the UK and I've had no problem gifting it to them but then some people just turn up and make me take the hit for paypal charges so I'm paying out of my own pocket I don't know what else to do even when I specifically say take the charge too. Just had to vent somewhere..

DTKT

Quite a few people added me for Max Payne 3 and Alice gifts from the UK and I've had no problem gifting it to them but then some people just turn up and make me take the hit for paypal charges so I'm paying out of my own pocket I don't know what else to do even when I specifically say take the charge too. Just had to vent somewhere..

That's really shitty.

Name and shame. :|

Tell everyone to pay you in GBP not USD or EUR. That way you ensure you're not out of pocket.

Same thing happened to me earlier (it was only like 50 cents), but the guy fixed it after I told him about it. Never had that happen before so I wonder if they changed something recently on who it charges depending on what type of payment you use.

MRORANGE

that's real shitty, name & shame.

It's for US but it could help for other people: http://thefeecalculator.com/

Nabs

That really sucks. I've heard a lot of stories like yours.

I have helped so many people and I have yet had someone who hasn't taken care of the fees on their end or sent more to cover what was taken when fees were applied after I informed them. Sorry to hear about that.

Sye d'Burns

that's real shitty, name & shame.

It's for US but it could help for other people: http://thefeecalculator.com/

The last time I sent money as a gift, which was a couple of weeks ago, Paypal showed the fee and asked whether I or the recipient would be the one paying.

It seemed new because I don't remember it from prior sales but I would assume that if it was on the invoice for me, it will be for everyone else as well.

Either way, no excuses people. Don't make someone pay your fees for trying to help you out. It's extremely poor form.

didamangi

Sorry to hear that.

Can't you wait for them to send their money before buying them their game?
If it's not enough refund it back and tell em to pay the right amount or GTFO.

1-D_FTW

Same thing happened to me earlier (it was only like 50 cents), but the guy fixed it after I told him about it. Never had that happen before so I wonder if they changed something recently on who it charges depending on what type of payment you use.

It's supposed to be no fees as long as they send it as a gift. In the past, that's how I've done it. With a little note: "Happy birthday, Sonny. Don't spend it all in one place."

Maybe some are too paranoid about sending the money as a gift and want recourse if things go bad. But that's a douche move to stick the buyer with the fees. People need to man up and include the fees if that's the route they're going (and of course they should be named and shamed).

EDIT: Or maybe it's been changed. But if Paypal is asking you who's paying the fee, FFS, how are the senders screwing this up. Pay your own damn fees. The guy is doing you a favor enough.

ngt

Few people tried that with me, I just simply refund the whole amount. Unless someone specifically tells me he's few cents short on his PP or something and I say it's ok.

Damn that sucks.

I only had two people add me one I said the wrong amount to and paid the extra 30p and the other one actually wouldn't take no as a answer about a tip and gave me a £1 on top so it evened it self out.

Gav47

Name names, it's the only way they'll learn.

Silex

I doubt they do it on purpose.
At least where I live, Paypal doesn't tell properly what are the fees, I don't have the option to receive gifts, and so the users sending me the money don't have the direct option to pay those fees out of their pocket - so I just calculate the amount they need to send me with ppcalc.com (it's usually accurate) and tell them to pay (at least) this much. This solves the issue for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom