• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
My approval from the Steam Mini Reviews thread:

After playing ~15 hours: If you dont expect a Dungeon Keeper sequel and are willing to play it on its own merits, the 65% metacritics score should baffle you. This game deserves more attention. One aspect for the failed initial reviews were launch day issues with bugs, camera zooms and the likes. However, since the release of Dungeons 2 (The Dark Lord), even the first Dungeons got gameplay tweaks and upgrades that had been introduced in the sequel.

Bot should play about identically, with just more missions to play. I highly recommend buying at least the first Dungeons, even without DLC (since the base game will last you for quite a bit anyway).

Grab it!

What about the sequel then? Is it worth getting over the first game?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
One day until Max Payne 3 unlocks and there's still no sign of the promised pre-load period. Job well done, R*.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What about the sequel then? Is it worth getting over the first game?

The first game is cheaper and has, if you so wish, more maps to play due to the rather cheap DLC. Apparently, as far as I read, all the major gameplay improvements that made the sequel better than the first game also have been applied in a post release patch to the first game.

However, I havent actually played the second game yet (just bought the second game yesterday), but from what I read it got a better reception than the first one.

But again, thats mainly due to many issues that presented itself at launch for the first game and reviewers never go back correcting reviews, which makes for a unbelievably incomprehensible Metacritic score.

Edit: Midweek madness over now though, I really hope some picked it up. The next time its on sale, this game will get a thread.

Edit2: Not over yet! Buy it! :)

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
What? It's still on sale for another 4 hours...

Ah, my steam showed me Limbo as the current Midweek madness, so I thought its already gone.

Well then, 4 hours to grab it! :p

I just bought it. Hope you guys are happy. :mad:

Haven't bought a game on Steam in months but this is too quirky to pass up now that I hear all the launch issues are pretty much fixed.

Toma

I just bought it. Hope you guys are happy. :mad:

Haven't bought a game on Steam in months but this is too quirky to pass up now that I hear all the launch issues are pretty much fixed.

I had much fun with the first game :) Very addicting gameplay. Enjoy!

My mission to make more money for Gabe still succeeds. :p

MRORANGE

Giveaway: Alice: Madness Returns

How to enter:

Post what game you are waiting to go on sale during the Steam summer sale and why, winner will be chosen 12 hours 9 hours after this post, good luck!

Competition is closed!

Toma

header_292x136.jpg

How to enter:

Post what game you are waiting to go on sale during the Steam summer sale and why, winner will be chosen 12 hours after this post, good luck!

Waiting on Alice: Madness returns to go on sale because I only started playing it rented on the consoles, and liked the beginning so much that I wanted it in my steam library.

Oh and, I want Frozen Synapse to go on sale, so that I can convince more people to buy it, especially now with the DLC finally out. :p

jediyoshi

EDGE update out of nowhere. Notes are pretty neat though

A couple of months ago, we were contacted by a father who wanted to have some promotional materials of EDGE, to make a birthday present for his son Zias. Zias loves EDGE and he even built real-life versions of EDGE levels in LEGO.

To cut a long story short; unfortunately we didn't have any promotional materials, instead we invited Zias to come to our office so he could build an EDGE level under the watchful eye of our designer Hessel. The end result is now part of the latest update of EDGE on Steam!

To read more about this, please check out our latest blog:
http://twotribes.com/message/edge-birthday-special

Sanic

header_292x136.jpg

How to enter:

Post what game you are waiting to go on sale during the Steam summer sale and why, winner will be chosen 12 hours after this post, good luck!

Alan Wake, so I can experience it at a playable resolution. I tried the Xbox version near launch and it literally gave me a headache due to how blurry it was, in combination with the darker environments.

ant3b

header_292x136.jpg

How to enter:

Im waiting for Max Payne 3. For one reason. I love the third person view and the story line of the first 2.

I must be sadistic but slow motion diving and blood spurting makes me happy. Also hope thy bring mods out for it like the first two. I always remember the mod which goes SMACK MY BITCH UP.. and you could run up walls and karataaaaa kick them in the head..... while throwing grens from you ass

P.S thanks

Bulzeeb

header_292x136.jpg

How to enter:

Waiting for Alan Wake (I know it was on sale a few weeks ago but I didn't have money back then) because the game looks great and I am bot buying a 360 just for that and tales of vesperia lol

Ifrit

header_292x136.jpg

How to enter:

Waiting for Rage, always been a fan of Id games and I've read the actual shooting is pretty damn great in it

Rapstah

header_292x136.jpg

How to enter:

I am waiting for Fallout: New Vegas to go on sale because I have the 360 version of it and I can't get into it because it feels like every part of it would play better on PC, including mods.

header_292x136.jpg

How to enter:

Some sort of back with both Batman's Arkham, cant wait to play them one after the other

kadotsu

Banned

How to enter:

Witcher 2. 40% off isn't enough for me, especially since I have a huge backlog. Will buy this game at 50% off or lower.

Gala

How to enter:

I hope that Devil May Cry 3 goes on sale, since the fourth one was a huge let down for me and I have no PS2 in reach, I really want to enjoy it on PC.

Hypno Funk

How to enter:

Driver: San Francisco - It didn't go on any Daily's recently during the Ubisoft publisher sale, and I have fond memories of Driver 1, 2, & 3 (in comparatively descending order of fondness (didn't get a chance to play Parallel lines)).

How to enter:

Quake 1 Expansion Packs. Between Hexen, Doom 2, Duke, and the Quake games, I was in a mix of Sega Saturn and Dos heaven. I lost my PC somewhere in between, and never had a chance to play the additional 2 campaigns for the original and supreme Quake 1. They're cheap, but uh, I want them to be cheaper.

Or Gemini Rue.

How to enter:

Post what game you are waiting to go on sale during the Steam summer sale and why, winner will be chosen 12 hours 9 hours after this post, good luck!

Deus Ex: Human Revolution because I need choices for my fps! I asked for it! :p

SoulClap

How to enter:

Hoping to rebuy Dirt 2 and Mass Effect 2 so I can wash my hands of Gamefly.

Turnstyle

How to enter:

Max Payne 1 & 2, because I missed them the first time around, and really I want to see what all the fuss is about (but for cheap). I am probably a bad person.

Don't include me in the giveaway though, I've already got Alice (and it is excellent!).

OniShiro

Banned

How to enter:

The Witcher 2. I started the Witcher 1 a couple years ago, and I'd like to finish both of them this summer.

Firebrand

How to enter:

Frozen Synapse: Red, I think. Been a while since I played the base game and a tasty discount on the expansion would hopefully bring back more of my friends into the game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

How to enter:

Binary Domain. It's actually on sale right now somewhere else but I am hoping it'd be smaller in the summer sale.

Toma

Frozen Synapse: Red, I think. Been a while since I played the base game and a tasty discount on the expansion would hopefully bring back more of my friends into the game.

This :(

thebert1

Neo Member

How to enter:

Deus Ex: Human revolution - The first one is my favourite game of all time... back then I played the demo 12 times while i was waiting the game. Since then, i complete the game once a year.
Unfortunately, i got burnt with the sequel (which, by the way, doesn't exist :p ) and lost a lot of interest with the saga. I'm waiting for it to go on sale to play it (i'm a little tight on money, and i lost the last sale -.-) because i really want to get back into the saga

allansm

How to enter:

The Witcher 2. I know it's totally worth the full price, but I live in Brazil, so $50 for a single game is expensive, specially considering that I'm just a postgraduate student who has to live with financial support from the government. I played the first game and I loved it, I only managed to wait all this time to play the second thanks to a huge backlog. However, at the moment Dead Island is the only AAA left in my backlog, all others are indie games, so I won't be able to resist a 50% or higher discount.

Deadbeat

Banned

How to enter:

Id like to get Frozen Synapse for PC. If the steam summer sale has all the stuff like the christmas sale with the equivalent coal items and then coupons, I could combine that with my tf2 items and be able to trade for the game. If the game gets reduced to say 50-66% off, then this plan would work great.

I couldnt do it during the becausewemay sale even though it was 50% off because I was tapped out trading for Torchlight 2, CoH, and GRAW 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom