• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Giveaway: Alice: Madness Returns

How to enter:

Post what game you are waiting to go on sale during the Steam summer sale and why, winner will be chosen 12 hours 9 hours after this post, good luck!

I'm waiting on Revelations 2012 to go on sale because I love awful games.
I do want to try it out for real, but just not at the current price.

Giveaway: Alice: Madness Returns

How to enter:

Post what game you are waiting to go on sale during the Steam summer sale and why, winner will be chosen 12 hours 9 hours after this post, good luck!

ARMA 2: Combined Operations!

I purchased the vanilla ARMA 2 on day one, 3 years ago now? Because of that $50 out lay, I'm reluctant to drop another $30 just to experience Day Z.

Aw man!

MRORANGE

winner is:

ihg6agV5jeKSl.png

Congrats to ClovingSteam and thanks to everyone who entered

I never expected this much attention for a game :| sorry again.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I never expected this much attention for a game :| sorry again.

Lol, its a free steam game. Even the ones that dont want to play the game would jump on it. :p

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
We're at the point now for me where its just not worth it for me to sweat the small sales with the summer sale so close.

Consider yourself warned then. Going to yell at people in the Summer sale if this comes up as a deal and if they dont buy it :p

Ifrit

When does the summer sale start? was any date given?

I'm toying with the idea of completly skipping on the whole summer sale this year... I have too many games already and there is always the winter sale...

I'm thinking of doing the same, but dammit, some of those sales are just too good to pass up. But I'm looking forward to the achievement and contest stuff, that's always good fun

I'm toying with the idea of completly skipping on the whole summer sale this year... I have too many games already and there is always the winter sale...

drizzle

Axel Hertz
We're at the point now for me where its just not worth it for me to sweat the small sales with the summer sale so close.
We all know the yelling and mocking is reserved for those that do not follow the 1st rule.
Taking advantage of a 75% sale is 100% acceptable. Rarely a game goes over 75% and I doubt that it'll drop price before the summer sale.

You're crazy shut up.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I understand the feeling, at least in terms of completely new games. I'm just looking to pick up old id software games.

For completely new purchases this year I'm looking at Starbound and maybe Binary Domain if it gets a good sale. I just have too many games to justify getting new releases.

DagsJT

Amazing. Unfortunately I own them on Steam, Superbrothers on iOS. I'd like Bastion on Steam but not paying $15 just for that.

If you haven't got any of the games, it's an incredible bundle.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I have Psychonauts and Bastion but I'm not really interested in the others. Seems like a bundle for people with slightly offbeat tastes.

Firebrand

That's a good bundle, might bite for Bastion and Superbrothers. And Amnesia which looks great and I will never ever play myself.

How do the Steam keys work, is it one key per game or for the entire bundle?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Bought two copies, total of 8 bucks (7 for the entire bundle + bastion for my cousin, 1 for Limbo and Amnesia for me, since I already had all the other games, including bastion).

Best Bundle in a while.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
That's a good bundle, might bite for Bastion and Superbrothers. And Amnesia which looks great and I will never ever play myself.

How do the Steam keys work, is it one key per game or for the entire bundle?

It's usually 2 keys: 1 for the main bundle and 1 if you beat the average.

masterkajo

Free Weekend: Forms Reloaded (-66%) @ €6.80
Weekend Deal: Saint's Row: The Third (-66%) @ €10.19
Daily Deal: Pickers (-66%) @ €3.39

How much is Saint's Row: The Third in the US?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If you enjoy playing games along side other humans (like if you have good people skills and cool friends), I highly recommend Saint's Row 3 in co-op.

Blizzard

Banned
Pickers? From the Steam store:

Get ready for the ultimate treasure hunt! Your shop, Rusted Gold, has shelves to fill, auctions to run, and money to make—and you can only do that with the best finds.

Check out the dozens of locations from run-down farms to back road antique shops to abandoned storage units to see if you can stumble upon your next great treasure. What do you do once you’ve found something? Shine it up or sell it as is to see if you can turn a profit, or if you hit bust. Haggle with crazy characters as you try to build your reputation for having the best picks around and learn more about what makes each person tick. Consult with an expert to avoid being hoodwinked! Combine items to increase their values and learn how to increase your odds along the way.

Price your picks to sell them in your shop, or take your chances on the auction block to see if you can make an even bigger profit!
Is this like that other shopkeeping game (I forget its name, was anime style)? It sounds like point and click adventure meets store manager sim or something. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom