• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

hmmm i'm just realizing that going out of the country with no internet for a week during e3 will mean a lot of catch up (which i'm ok with), but i hope to god i don't miss the steam summer sale

You know there's a Steam client for mobile phones now right? You can buy stuff on it and even start it downloading if you leave your home PC on.

Danj

I just googled last year's summer sale, seems it didn't start till 30th June, do you guys think it will be around the same date this year (so that my sale spending can come out of my next paycheck) or do I gotta save money for it right now?

I just googled last year's summer sale, seems it didn't start till 30th June, do you guys think it will be around the same date this year (so that my sale spending can come out of my next paycheck) or do I gotta save money for it right now?

Start saving now so you have more money and you can get even more games.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I am excited about the Steam Summer Sale even though there aren't many games I really want. I will still probably end up buying at least 10 though. I have a sickness.

Sweet, now you can forget about the Steam dinghy and climb aboard the Origin cruise ship. All aboard! Next stop...the future!

iGjEWwk8X9fcO.gif

Soooo glad I still have acsess to my uni's network that can download this in an hour and most steam games in 10 minutes flat.
It's quite sad but having crappy DSL has completely changed my gaming habits. I hold onto multiplayer games longer than I normally would and I play way more small indie games purely because I can't download these gigantic games on my connection. I had to buy Skyrim in a box! Publishers should really begin to acknowledge these concerns by putting out lite releases for low spec PCs if 35gb is going to become a norm. Or Steam should implement that play while you download gated tech that someone was talking about.

Start playing at 2gb, then complete the game when it has all 20gb.

Hey guys, any quick recommendations for the 'Because We May' sale? Late I know, but I'm pretty sure I still have a few hours left.
I'm playing Stacking atm, and it's really fun! Totally an adventure game with amazing art. If you haven't played them Braid and Darwinia are superb IGF tier games.

One of the under appreciated games is Cogs, if you like spacial puzzles, or old mechanical puzzles then it might be for you.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ahh yeah, my last play was during Christmas, then was burned out. So it's still Meet the Medic being the major one eh?

Firebrand

Green Man Gaming:

Dead Island + DLC, 60% off
Killing Floor, 75% off

There's also a voucher code, ROYAL-BARGA-INING, for 10% off anything, including already discounted items: Sleeping Dogs (37% total discount), Civ V: Gods & Kings (19%) etc.

I just played the Arkham City demo. For some reason the game only had spanish dub for me, and it was terrible :lol

I can't take a game with spanish dub seriously.

I just played the Arkham City demo. For some reason the game only had spanish dub for me, and it was terrible :lol

I can't take a game with spanish dub seriously.

The language is ALWAYS the system language and can only be changed in a .ini file. Extremely braindead decision on the developers part.

HoosTrax

I read something about an "early access pass" for Dota 2, but I can't find it anywhere in the store. Is this something that's only sold through the Dota 2 version of the MannCo store, and you need the game in order to buy the game (is this mainly intended for gifting? and not for people who still don't have beta access to get one?)

The language is ALWAYS the system language and can only be changed in a .ini file. Extremely braindead decision on the developers part.

Yeah, I was really surprised they didn't include a language option (not even through Steam).

It was kinda funny though, and It reminded me why I don't play games in spanish.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I'm resisting MP3 so far. Big fan of the old games, but the new one looks nothing like the Max I loved.

I know the feeling. And that's not to say I think Maxx Pain 3 won't be a quality game, but from what I've seen it's missing a lot of what I loved about the series. If it was Max Payne 3 by Remedy I would be bursting with excitement right now, but instead I'll probably wait on sale.

Ifrit

Yeah, I was really surprised they didn't include a language option (not even through Steam).

It was kinda funny though, and It reminded me why I don't play games in spanish.

I'm with you man, it's my native language but dammit if it feels weird to hear it while playing, I don't think I'll ever get use to it

derFeef

I know the feeling. And that's not to say I think Maxx Pain 3 won't be a quality game, but from what I've seen it's missing a lot of what I loved about the series. If it was Max Payne 3 by Remedy I would be bursting with excitement right now, but instead I'll probably wait on sale.

Shooting down rockets with a pistol while Max is drunk, hanging from a helicopter is just ugh...
People seem to love it, though. More power to them - but it's not my Max without Remedy.

Joe Molotov

Green Man Gaming:

Dead Island + DLC, 60% off
Killing Floor, 75% off

There's also a voucher code, ROYAL-BARGA-INING, for 10% off anything, including already discounted items: Sleeping Dogs (37% total discount), Civ V: Gods & Kings (19%) etc.

Looks like Sleeping Dogs has disappeared from their site. I don't see it anywhere, I can't even find it with a search.

M*A*S*H

Looks like Sleeping Dogs has disappeared from their site. I don't see it anywhere, I can't even find it with a search.

It's still there, they've just removed the discount they had for it; £23.99 now. Bought it a couple of days ago, so I just missed that £19 window, damnit.

So, Steam GAF, anything relevant to PC gaming and/or Steam shown yet? I've seen Dishonored, Tomb Raider and Hitman: Absolution. Did I miss anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom