• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember that Paradox Interactive game giveaway? Anyone get the game? I think it was Cities in Motion that was being given if we filled up a form.

Anyone remember that Paradox Interactive game giveaway? Anyone get the game? I think it was Cities in Motion that was being given if we filled up a form.

Yes, I got the mail on April 5th. You are correct, it was Cities in Motion.

They just gave you a code to redeem it in GamersGate. Never got to use it (and to be honest I'm not interested in the game), so... Do you want it?

Nabs

Quantum Conundrum
- $13.49 (-10%)

$17.99 for the Game, Soundtrack, and future DLC packs.

Pre-Purchase Quantum Conundrum now, receive 10% off and receive three items in Team Fortress 2:

The Atomic Accolade - Skip past all the boring busywork of science and get right to the exciting part: the fabulous prizes! This prestigious ribbon certifies your bravery in the field of excellence.
The Quadwrangler - This quantum-collared lab coat includes a handy rubber pipe that siphons blood from your heart, where it is not needed, to your shooting arm, where it is!
The Professor's Pineapple - We don't know what's in it, but we found it in some rusty drums buried in a shallow grave in a forest, so let's face it, you'll probably get super powers if you drink it.

Quantum Conundrum
- $13.49 (-10%)

$17.99 for the Game, Soundtrack, and future DLC packs.

Pre-Purchase Quantum Conundrum now, receive 10% off and receive three items in Team Fortress 2:

The Atomic Accolade - Skip past all the boring busywork of science and get right to the exciting part: the fabulous prizes! This prestigious ribbon certifies your bravery in the field of excellence.
The Quadwrangler - This quantum-collared lab coat includes a handy rubber pipe that siphons blood from your heart, where it is not needed, to your shooting arm, where it is!
The Professor's Pineapple - We don't know what's in it, but we found it in some rusty drums buried in a shallow grave in a forest, so let's face it, you'll probably get super powers if you drink it.

What a great deal. Cheaper than I was expecting too.

dLMN8R

Sad to see someone like Kim Swift, formerly of Valve, decide to do this season pass crap instead of taking a cue from Valve and simply treating their customers right. Or Sega, or whoever's responsible.

Not that it's unreasonable to ask people to pay for more content, but seriously, Valve has shown countless times that building goodwill will give you so much more in the long run.

HoosTrax

That could use about 80% less bloom. Is it 2003?
Nope, it's 2012.

ss_57b0a53ffc2ab0d883338fbd21804e3a75f74908.600x338.jpg

Syndicate-Review-pistol.jpg

jediyoshi

Sad to see someone like Kim Swift, formerly of Valve, decide to do this season pass crap instead of taking a cue from Valve and simply treating their customers right. Or Sega, or whoever's responsible.

Not that it's unreasonable to ask people to pay for more content, but seriously, Valve has shown countless times that building goodwill will give you so much more in the long run.

I think financially Valve is in a bit of a safer situation to say, "Hey, free stuff!" as opposed to a developer who's only other title was Dark Void.

Blizzard

Banned
I think financially Valve is in a bit of a safer situation to say, "Hey, free stuff!" as opposed to a developer who's only other title was Dark Void.
Still, it looks kind of like the anti-Portal. Paid DLC, the colors and monster design look kind of replusive to me, and at least from the trailer, the puzzle mechanics just look rather confusing. =/

Admittedly, it's a bit early to tell whether the DLC is gonna be worth the money. For all we know it could be some pretty meaty content. It's not like they're selling a 50$ game with 40$ DLC on top.

In other news: I just noticed that I own every single bundle except for the Android 2 one :( how did I miss that?!

Yeah, sometimes you know whats the "right" or "better" thing to do, but you just can't. Valve is in a very different place.

In other news: I just noticed that I own every single bundle except for the Android 2 one :( how did I miss that?!
Because it sucked.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Given how good Portal 2 turned out sans Kim Swift I think it's pretty safe to say that her influence on Portal was pretty minimal. I wouldn't buy QC just because her name is attached to it, I'd avoid it due to Airtight being involved.

Spazo

Already own Crysis 2 on Steam?

As an existing Crysis 2 customer you can upgrade to the Maximum Edition for 50% off the purchase price!

How can people have crysis 2 on steam ? It is not listed. I dont understand.

I own Crysis 2 from origin, can I have the 50% ?

Wok

Given how good Portal 2 turned out sans Kim Swift I think it's pretty safe to say that her influence on Portal was pretty minimal. I wouldn't buy QC just because her name is attached to it, I'd avoid it due to Airtight being involved.

What's the problem with Airtight?

Aselith

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fe/SiN_Episodes_-_Emergence_-_Box_Front.jpg[IMG]

Because that worked so well last time. ;)[/QUOTE]

Just depends on the company and the genre. It works fine TellTale and puzzle games are much more akin to an adventure game than a proper FPS.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk

But it has new hats.

I had this misconception Pickers was a "pickup artist" simulation.
Then I felt a pang of disappointment when I met this guy:
And proceeded to swindle him out of that awesome vintage pinball.

... yeah, the game is really not too great. My favorite part is pricing but it reminds me way too much of work anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom