• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Daily Deal - Alien Breed Trilogy, 75% off. I just found out if you go to the news section the daily deals will be there.

I got the sequel as a summer prize in 2011. I have played it for three hours. Graphics are okay, but the game is too hard.

Salsa

Shooting down rockets with a pistol while Max is drunk, hanging from a helicopter is just ugh...
People seem to love it, though. More power to them - but it's not my Max without Remedy.

You shouldn't judge that much without playing at least a bit. I was expecting something that really wasnt max payne at all, like you guys are saying, but after the "ITS NOT MAX PAYNE" feedback I was actually surprised to see there was plenty of stuff there. The dialogue, the tone, max as a character.. it feels like a Max Payne game. If anything it feels as if this was a feature film and the previous game were comic books. It doesnt have the same amount of snarky humor and other stuff going for it, but its far from "not being a max payne game"

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Alien Breed seemed interesting, but now I have GREED: Black Border and it seems more interesting.

Still... can you turn off the bloom in Alien Breed?

Fox318

iGjEWwk8X9fcO.gif

Where is the Impulse dirigible?

TheKurgan

Really, really tempted to buy Saints Row 3 + seasons pass. But we are only a month away from the Summer Sale. What should I do GAF?

ShaneB

Really, really tempted to buy Saints Row 3 + seasons pass. But we are only a month away from the Summer Sale. What should I do GAF?

If it's even a question to debate, you know you're better of waiting. The difference might be slim to none, but if you can wait, you might as well wait.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
You know you know too much about Valve when your first thought upon hearing that Quantum Conundrum is up on Steam is "Kim Swift... she no longer works at Valve... and her Steam name is Tactical Socks."

I'm like a sponge.

Wok

You know you know too much about Valve when your first thought upon hearing that Quantum Conundrum is up on Steam is "Kim Swift... she no longer works at Valve... and her Steam name is Tactical Socks."

I'm like a sponge.

She has bought HIB V. And she has received an invite to CS:GO but not to DOTA2.

BFIB

Wasn't sure where to ask this, so I figured I'd ask here first. I'm playing through Batman: AC, and for some reason, now the game won't load. I deleted, and reinstalled, and am getting the same issue. Launcher comes up, go to load the game, and it just hangs.

I have Steam installed on a separate drive, so I'm not sure where to start.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
My ugre to buy ARMA 2 so i can play DayZ is so hard right now as I wait for the summer sale, I hope the DayZ fad passes and it doesn't become like the FPS-Minecraft. Then I'll have to pay big bucks when I finally bite.

Don't bank on it slowing down. Be a mahn!

JaseC

Is this her?

Looks like Valve removed all the games she didn't own lol.

I'm surprised she's still in the [Valve] group!

Edit: 160 hours in the past fortnight? She must be playtesting QC something fierce.

Edit 2: And the group is some ~70 members shy of Valve's actual employee count.

MRORANGE

Unless she had a different Steam account while working at Valve. But if not, I'm surprised. I would've thought that if you're a Valve employee, you're able to keep your Valve account even after leaving.

she's still in the Valve group, that's quite an ultimatum to leave valve and losing your games, this must be Gabe:

quit your job at Valve? LOSE ALL YOUR GAMES!

I'm surprised she's still in the [Valve] group!

Edit: 160 hours in the past fortnight? She must be playtesting QC something fierce.

Edit 2: And the group is some ~70 members shy of Valve's actual employee count.

The other 70 are on Origin.

What's this about Kim Swift? Did she part with Valve on bad terms?

there are rumors... nothing confirmed though.

JaseC

if I remember the rumors right it had something to do with Portal 2

I think that rumour was born from the timing; she left not long after Valve did its first "do what you want" experimental period, during which her time manipulation mechanic failed to gain traction. The notion that she felt insulted enough to leave seems too petulant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom