• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
We actually celebrated mine yesterday because everyone has stuff going on today. Got myself a nice iPhone 4S (with parents and brother pitching in a bit as their bday presents to me haha), so I'm doing pretty good. Hope you had a great one :eek:

And since people are responding I'll keep it up :D

Enjoy your iPhone 4S bro, happy birthday!

Happy Birthday and horrible paint skills incoming.
A023O.png

Silex

kQDjq.png

Well, that's better.Happy birthday again mate. And whoever gets the game, you're awesome for giving it! :)

I hate paint

I like how the guy on the left has a cigarette for a penis and the character from Bastion has his eye on it with a smile.

Edit: Crap, just realized it's supposed to be the Spy, haha. Looks like a fat ninja.

Silex

I like how the guy on the left has a cigarette for a penis and the character from Bastion has his eye on it with a smile.

Edit: Crap, just realized it's supposed to be the Spy, haha. Looks like a fat ninja.

Ain't I talented? :D

And wow, Iron Badger.. wow. Nice first post btw.

Nabs

Hard Reset was so much fun. I could barely put it down today. Here's hoping for a DLC pack when Super Hard Reset Arcade Edition 2012 comes out.

It took 5 hours on Normal difficulty. No filler, just lots of explosions. The way it should be.

Hard Reset was so much fun. I could barely put it down today. Here's hoping for a DLC pack when Super Hard Reset Arcade Edition 2012 comes out.

I also finished it in a single setting. Since its mechanics are pretty limited, I thought 5-6 hours were perfect. Game's beautiful, too. Story was shitty though.

What upgrades to you recommend getting/avoiding?
I don't really think it matters. I've heard of a lot of different combinations, and all seemed to work quite well.
I loved the Railgun and Rocket Launcher for big foes and the Gravity+Grenade combo and Shotgun for waves of smaller ones. (Don't know specific names anymore.)

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
What upgrades to you recommend getting/avoiding?

Rocket launcher for sure. And shotty too. Make sure you focus on weapons rather than the character upgrades.

Aright, I'm gonna play armchair-dev for a bit and outline my issues with Hard Reset. Keep in mind: I very much enjoyed the game and thought it was significantly better than Serious Sam 1/2 HD. It is well worth the money and time spent playing it.

1.) Player Movement: The player movement in the game feels limiting when put into the combat scenarios in the game. Rather than have a sprint function, the developers should have just increased the player speed by about 30% in all directions. Agility plays a massive role in this type of FPS and it felt lacking here.

2.) Enemy Variety: While the game isn't very long, it does throw a lot of enemies at you while only having 5 or so types. Granted the game doesn't ever reach SS enemy count levels (and thank god), but in 4+ hours played I had killed 1,340 enemies. The basic enemies feel really tiresome after the 500th one.

3.) Character Upgrades: These felt super useless, even maxed out. I made the mistake of focusing on this upgrade path thinking it would make a difference, but it didn't. They either should have dropped it entirely and just focused on the weapon upgrades (which were phenomenal) or they should have put better/larger buffs in.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
And the winner is....

Iron Badger.

That is uh... Wow. Hahaha. Not sure what else to say. Quite impressive. I love it.

That being said, I liked a lot of these, and so I'm going to give runner-up rewards to Capt. Haddock and Silex. Both of you will get any item of your choice steam thats $5 or under. I'd do more, but I'm poor, especially after buying my phone. In fact, it may be a a week (give or take a couple days) before I can gift it to you.

But anyways, all three of you - PM me your steam IDs so I can send your gifts your way. I'll send Bastion to you whenever you're ready Iron Badger.

And thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes :)

It actually has in game leaderboards. I had no idea either until reading this last page and investigating. I just never noticed before because I have no friends with good enough scores.

Wow, it does. They should really note that on the game's page somewhere, and ideally integrate it with Steam.

But when I launched the game to check, all my progress and scores had been erased. Fucking EA.

But then I checked the Steam forums and found this thread that describes how to move your save file from the old folder to the new folder they started using for some reason, and now my progress is back. My 1.3 million score in Butterflies is well above any of my friends.

Wow, it does. They should really note that on the game's page somewhere, and ideally integrate it with Steam.

But when I launched the game to check, all my progress and scores had been erased. Fucking EA.

But then I checked the Steam forums and found this thread that describes how to move your save file from the old folder to the new folder they started using for some reason, and now my progress is back. My 1.3 million score in Butterflies is well above any of my friends.

Thanks, did as you said and got 30% of all the achievements when booting up. My butterflies score is pitiful compared to yours though I am sad to say. :(

Can I get 360 controller buttons on Psychonauts' HUD? The controller works fine but it simultaneously accepts KB&M actions.

Nope. Game still works lika charm though. Just gotta remember what the buttons are. The default is pretty good for the 360 controller.

I was going to make a rttp thread for psychonauts after playing it again this weekend... My opinion on it has... Evolved.

Edit: well shit. Haha. Glad I'm wrong.

catabarez

Nope. Game still works lika charm though. Just gotta remember what the buttons are. The default is pretty good for the 360 controller.

I was going to make a rttp thread for psychonauts after playing it again this weekend... My opinion on it has... Evolved.
Actually you can. I would provide the link but i'm on my phone. Go to the Steam forums and look for the Psychonauts board and one of the threads should have GUI in the title. Read that one.

If you still can't find it I'll post a link later.

Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing runs oddly on my computer.

On the first lap in a given stage I'll get extreme slowdown in certain parts, like single digit FPS. Then on the second and third laps I'll get a solid 60 FPS.

There's a hack to get the HUD to show 360 controller buttons (and, I believe, PS2 buttons). Let me dig it up.

Edit: check it here: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/psychonauts/psychopad_xbox_360_controller_gui_unofficial_patch

It can be kind of fickle, so be prepared to fuss around with some stuff. I can confirm that it worked for me, though.

It works perfectly. It can take a very long time to patch though so you might think the application has locked up but just be patient and let it finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom