• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

OatmealMu

I love the idea of Dropbox Folder Sync. I just wish I had control of where inside my Dropbox folder it synced to. I'd also like the ability to block particular files from uploading.

Tess3ract

Banned
I wish there was a way to get dropbox to newbies and get the space bonus but everyone I know already has it and you can't game the system by installing it on any old computer because they look at HWIDs :(

I only use dropbox to back up my saves and its already full

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It doesn't seem to, I just had the games added to my library. To be truthful, I think I wouldn't have noticed w/o the email. I normally use the only installed filter.

On the off chance someone needs a valve 33% off coupon, PM me.

Ah, okay - much the same as with the Potato Sack ARG (all those who earned the golden potato received the Valve Complete Pack, inclusive of Portal 2).

Gav47

I wish there was a way to get dropbox to newbies and get the space bonus but everyone I know already has it and you can't game the system by installing it on any old computer because they look at HWIDs :(

I only use dropbox to back up my saves and its already full

How the hell do you have over 2GB of game saves? I have 81 games synced and it only comes to 150MB. You need to delete some of your quicksaves and cull older saves from games like The Witcher 2 (2.5MB per save and its saves at every loading screen) and Skyrim (my save files are 10MB after 70hrs of play). The COD games also have surprisingly large save folders.

Did anyone else get this? I believe you can still enter the beta, so they're not really that useful.

MlkeL.jpg

Edit: I thought I got some DOTA2 invitations for a second :(

derFeef

Yeah, everyone got two keys to give away. They rebalanced it... but I am still not feeling it. It kinda feels like getting mangled by high-level players because of the endorsements they bought (with real monetas). Matchmaking is not in yet so I guess that plays a larger role too.

Yeah, everyone got two keys to give away. They rebalanced it... but I am still not feeling it. It kinda feels like getting mangled by high-level players because of the endorsements they bought (with real monetas). Matchmaking is not in yet so I guess that plays a larger role too.

Everyone who was already in right?

mannerbot

Did anyone else get this? I believe you can still enter the beta, so they're not really that useful.

MlkeL.jpg

Edit: I thought I got some DOTA2 invitations for a second :(

Hm, I didn't know you could just sign up for SMNC. I just made an account and everything on the website, how long does it usually take to get in?

drhankmccoyphd

Neo Member
Can anyone tell me why my Fallout New Vegas now crashes on startup? I just upgraded my graphics card from a 5770 to a 560ti, and then I was getting a crash at the launcher. Changed the exe files to run in compatibility mode so now I can get past launcher but the game instantly crashes when it loads up. Verified game cache. No idea what's wrong.

Lingitiz

I don't know what it is, but i'm not really feeling SMNC. I loved MNC on 360, but I can't get into this at all. Plus, the performance options are a bit limited.

Ledsen

So I'm giving away a few coupons if anyone wants them. My Steam name is in my profile. They're valid until March 1st and you can ONLY buy games released during 2011. So no upcoming Skyrim DLC etc.

-25% Valve
-50% Valve
-50% Portal 2
-25% Bethesda
-50% Duke Nukem Forever

jediyoshi

So I'm giving away a few coupons if anyone wants them. My Steam name is in my profile. They're valid until March 1st and you can ONLY buy games released during 2011. So no upcoming Skyrim DLC etc.
The publisher coupons are good for any game in that publisher's catalogue. They're listed in the View applicable games button.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The publisher coupons are good for any game in that publisher's catalogue. They're listed in the View applicable games button.

Yes, but only for items released on or prior to January 2nd this year. Continuing with Ledsen's example, if Bethesda released DLC for Skyrim tomorrow, the -25% Bethesda coupon wouldn't be applicable.

I've been playing VTMB a lot lately and I just realized I may have the censored version.

I can't see the famous decapitation at the beginning of the game at least. And yes, I'm using the unofficial patch. Does this have to do with the Steam version being the 1.2 version of the game? or is my version really censored?.

Is there any patch to uncensor this?. The unofficial patch hasn't worked for me at least.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Okay, coupon begging over the last few days has gotten a bit bad. No one individually is to blame, I understand the appeal since we mostly consider our own coupons to be useless even though we're looking for coupons to others.

Please stop coupon begging in here. I will delete subsequent posts asking for coupons. This applies until the coupons expire. This includes begging for a coupon and offering all yours for trade. I won't delete posts giving away coupons, but this isn't really the place for that either.

I think there's a thread out there for trading/gifting coupons. Not sure if they allow begging.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456133

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
So Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine was a pretty interesting game. It was half of what I was expecting (RPS's comment that it was basically more of the demo) and also not what I was expecting. I picked this up for 12.50$ on GMG earlier this month. Steam says I put about 12 hours into it, 6 or so was spent on SP, the rest on MP. I mostly did Seize Ground in MP, stopped at level 20 mostly because I couldn't take playing MP any more.

I agree with pretty much everything you said about the singleplayer, which I also finished recently.

I think the game is tremendous fan-service and while I loved it and I think many other WH40K fans will as well, I don't think that the game transcends it and because of that, I honestly wouldn't recommend the game to anyone other than WH40K fans.

Nairume

Banned
Anybody know how the community for MoH is still doing? Five bucks would be worth it for a decent SP alone, but being able to play the MP a lot would be nice.

Salaadin

So i just bought a flight stick and Wings of Prey and am loving both but now Im looking for a more modern Ace Combatish PC aerial combat game. Any good suggestions on Steam? Is HAWX worth it if it goes on sale?

I agree with pretty much everything you said about the singleplayer, which I also finished recently.

I think the game is tremendous fan-service and while I loved it and I think many other WH40K fans will as well, I don't think that the game transcends it and because of that, I honestly wouldn't recommend the game to anyone other than WH40K fans.

As someone who is just ever so slightly into WH40K, I really enjoyed the minute to minute combat of Space Marine. I thought that was it's best quality, really. Combat system was a little basic, but just feeling like such a badass made up for it to me.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Anybody know how the community for MoH is still doing? Five bucks would be worth it for a decent SP alone, but being able to play the MP a lot would be nice.

There were only a couple fully active servers when I played it last year. Don't expect much.

As someone who is just ever so slightly into WH40K, I really enjoyed the minute to minute combat of Space Marine. I thought that was it's best quality, really. Combat system was a little basic, but just feeling like such a badass made up for it to me.
I enjoyed the combat too, but the enemies don't have a ton of variety in how the fight you and it starts to drag in the second half of the game. Also, the environments felt rather drab (I was rather depressed when someone confirmed prior to release that it only took place on a forge world). I mean, how in the hell did they not write a Space Hulk into the story?

Sober

Yeah, pretty much. I would definitely recommend it to 40k fans, but I would say that only 40k fans would actually go and finish the game.

There were points where they say "here, you can use a warhammer" and then immediately tell you that even if you pop fury you will get gunned down before you can smash a CSMs face in it with one.

DeS3InY

Demolition Inc. is rather short (got about 2 hours up until the last city) but it's fun and somewhat challenging in some cities :D

The humor is really good by my book xD

Yeah, pretty much. I would definitely recommend it to 40k fans, but I would say that only 40k fans would actually go and finish the game.

There were points where they say "here, you can use a warhammer" and then immediately tell you that even if you pop fury you will get gunned down before you can smash a CSMs face in it with one.

I'm not a 40k fan and I will finish the game, I'm enyoing the game, it's pretty fun! :D

Zimbardo

for you guys who have played Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, did u encounter an issue where your character will be running along normally, then suddenly he'll run like he's in bullet time/slow motion for a couple seconds and then he'll run normally again?

i've googled around the net and it seems like a lot of people have been experiencing this issue for awhile now ...a couple months at least. i'm surprised it hasn't been addressed by Relic.

when it happens, the framerate seems fine ...its not stuttering or choppy, it just slows down into a slow motion effect for a couple seconds then it goes back to normal. its annoying.

here's a couple small threads about it on the Steam forums ...there's more threads on there about it too ...as well as other places around the net.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2219835

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2336966

did u guys notice anything like that?

my cpu is an i5 760 @ 3.8ghz/8 gig ram/ 2 gtx560 in SLI (turned SLI off for this game since it didn't seem to work as good in SLI)/Creative X-Fi Extrememusic soundcard ...so i'm sure my pc is good enough to handle the game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
for you guys who have played Warhammer 40K: Space Marine, did u encounter an issue where your character will be running along normally, then suddenly he'll run like he's in bullet time/slow motion for a couple seconds and then he'll run normally again?

i've googled around the net and it seems like a lot of people have been experiencing this issue for awhile now ...a couple months at least. i'm surprised it hasn't been addressed by Relic.

when it happens, the framerate seems fine ...its not stuttering or choppy, it just slows down into a slow motion effect for a couple seconds then it goes back to normal. its annoying.

here's a couple small threads about it on the Steam forums ...there's more threads on there about it too ...as well as other places around the net.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2219835

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2336966

did u guys notice anything like that?

my cpu is an i5 760 @ 3.8ghz/8 gig ram/ 2 gtx560 in SLI (turned SLI off for this game since it didn't seem to work as good in SLI)/Creative X-Fi Extrememusic soundcard ...so i'm sure my pc is good enough to handle the game.
Yeah I did, but only with v-sync/triple buffering on. If I turned those off it didn't seem to happen, but the game had atrocious tearing so I just lived with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom