• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing runs oddly on my computer.

On the first lap in a given stage I'll get extreme slowdown in certain parts, like single digit FPS. Then on the second and third laps I'll get a solid 60 FPS.

The same thing happens to me. A quick Google search reveals that it's pretty much the norm for this game. Fun as hell, though.

Now I'm really pissed at myself because I just realized I missed the latest Indie Royale :/

I really wanted to try nuclear dawn, and fractal. Goddammit.

I even posted in the damn thread about it.

Omikron

Hey guys, anyone here interested in testing an application I am working on?

Quick synopsis.
- Over Christmas, my hdd played up, I had some corrupt data and lost my steam categories.
- I didn't want to have to re-enter these at is it is a total pain in the arse.
- I am writing an application to edit this external to steam in a nicer much more user friendly way.

So with that out of the way, I need a couple people to run my app as it is now and report back an error log, basically it is just to verify I am reading certain files correctly at the moment. All the editing functionality has been disabled in this version until I am 100% happy and not going to break anyones Steam installation. Which would be bad. ;) For the most part it seems all good and even syncs correctly with the cloud post edit. hurrah!

So, anyone with a nice list of games on Steam and preferably has quite a few different Categories already set. Send me a PM (or email/comment via website), or if you want to do some further reading on the goings on and dev progess....

http://www.omiblog.com/2012/01/23/steam-category-utility-testers-required/

Hopefully I get a couple respondents! Cheers!

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet seems to be heading to Steam soon. There is a Fuel Cell Games Comp added to the registry and the only game they have any mention of is Insanely.

Edit: beaten. should have looked through the last page.

Sanic

I guess Steam Community went down for a couple of minutes right as I was finishing up Sonic Generations. The achievement popped up for completing all stages, and it shows up on the game's page in my library, but it doesn't appear anywhere else that it should, like the "view all achievements" page.

Is it simply gone, or will it show up at some point?
I feel terrible for posting about an achievement

Helmholtz

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet seems to be heading to Steam soon. There is a Fuel Cell Games Comp added to the registry and the only game they have any mention of is Insanely.

Edit: beaten. should have looked through the last page.

Cool. That game seemed pretty neat. Will buy at some point in time.

Dingotech

I was complaining on another site about the recent daily deals only being 50% off instead of the usual 75% off.

Then it got pointed out to me that those with discount coupons for 50% off would be getting the normal 75% off pricing.

So effectively they're reducing their usual Steam sale discounts in order to drive the gifting market for coupons? Or make coupons somehow worth something? I don't like this if it's going to be an on-going 'feature' of sales...

Volcynika

I was complaining on another site about the recent daily deals only being 50% off instead of the usual 75% off.

Then it got pointed out to me that those with discount coupons for 50% off would be getting the normal 75% off pricing.

So effectively they're reducing their usual Steam sale discounts in order to drive the gifting market for coupons? Or make coupons somehow worth something? I don't like this if it's going to be an on-going 'feature' of sales...

Daily deals aren't "usually" 75% off. It's a varying % at times, I really doubt they're decreasing the % off just to promote coupons.

I really liked the art in the trial, but not enough to get spacebucks for it.

Also, I have zero trust in XBLA exclusives anymore.

haha I know what you mean

Earlier I saw a Retro City Rampage mention and thought it an Alan Wake are the two XBLA game I'd buy at full price. Then I realized RCR will probably be on PC later, and I'd much rather play it on PC. Alan Wake I'll probably still go 360. I have points that need spending.

VALIS

Anyone buy/play Unstoppable Gorg? There's a Giant Bomb quick look for it, looked okay. Actually looked rather easy, which is worrisome, but I only got to watch the first 5-10 mins of the quick look. Also wondering if the iPad version is identical, more or less. I'm sure it'll be 99 cents there at some point (currently $4.99).

mrgone

Hey, just discovered that the Direct2Drive Supreme Commander multiplayer key registers on Steam! Air guitar!

PS: Most anyone affected is likely already aware, but I'll mention it anyways - Direct2Drive officially turns over to Gamefly tomorrow, so if you're worried about losing any of your games in the transition (they don't guarantee every game will still be available) you might want to download them now

Nairume

Banned
Lord of the Rings: War in the North is currently 14.99 on Impulse. Worth it?

http://www.impulsedriven.com/lotrwin
Depends. I love the shit out of the game, but it might not be everybody's cup of tea. Snowblind has definitely updated the Diablo/Dark Alliance formula to where it falls in line with more modern action games. While it still has the character customization and looting of prior hack'n'slash loot whoring games, the level structure is less based around wide open fields/dungeons to run around and more around Gears of War-esque set pieces and otherwise linear level design.

Of course, this isn't necessarily a bad thing, since it just means that you spend less time wandering around bland open fields like in previous Snowblind games, but linearity is a deal breaker to some, I guess.

I've played through the game on coop twice now and am well into my third time through. I'd say that it was well worth it.

Why wouldn't steam be able to roll out it out till the 30th? He makes it sound like it's on their end.

Yeah they do that alot over there.

Kinda hyped over the update and free assault for eternal shards guys (anyone who paid for the 4 dlcs get this free).

Id be happy with a normal tavern, when my house gets its xmas tree down before you....you REALLY late!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
If you get something on Impulse it will reach the same or lower on a better service and you will regret it forever.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why yes, I do read Reddit (And oddly have never noticed this Comic on the nedriod site)

Steam sales in a nutshell.
2006-04-24-beartatosale.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

There's a bug pertaining to the Hall of the Dead quest that needs to be fixed. I'm not sure what triggered it exactly, but when I bumped into the cannibal in said Hall and ended our conversation, the goal for the quest reverted back to "Speak to Verulus about the Hall of the Dead". Of course, I can't do that as the game world considers it complete, and the misc. quest has been sitting in the quest menu ever since. The Taste of Death, which is what the Hall of the Dead can lead to, began and ended just fine.

Deadstar

Dead Island is $9.99 on NewEgg. It's a physical copy but has free shipping and you can register the key on Steam once you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom