• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM announcements & updates 2012 Thread - Summer sales usually last week of June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tess3ract

Banned
Someone mentioned dead island was on sale, I got that game for free from a good friend and I would pay money for him to take it away from me.

1-D_FTW

Not sure they were, but it seems my 50% off From Dust coupon might be useful now!

There you go. I'm mildly tempted, but can't justify giving Ubi a fiver for something that'll sit.

2.50 is a price that's guilt free. I mean, you're only giving 2.50 to these PC haters.

Tomodachi

Titan Quest. Really? How many times has this been on sale already?
please don't kill me valve defense force, it's just an harmless remark

Is From Dust on PC playable or should I go for the PS3 version even though it costs a lot more?

inky

Hmm, I got a Ubisoft coupon... but it's Ubisoft, so no thank you.

Edit: sorry for the coupon mention, didn't mean to derail.

Is From Dust on PC playable or should I go for the PS3 version even though it costs a lot more?

This.

From the OT it seems the DRM has been removed and the only problem is that the game runs at 30 FPS and PC controls are shit.

If I played it with a controller on a PC, wouldn't I still have the best possible experience?

MNC

From dust is a great game ridded by a horrible publisher. Id still recommend picking it up. The ubi drm was nerfed.

Game has next to no video options, locked t o 30fps because of engine and wonky mouse controls.

Chavelo

But can you beat 50 percent off Mumbo Jumbo pack? Cause that's what I'm offering.

Sorry, Stump.

I dunno. You tell me. :3
WpHkJ.png

DAT 10% SQUAREENIX COUPON KNOWS WHAT'S UP. SWAAAAAAG

Okay, coupon begging over the last few days has gotten a bit bad. No one individually is to blame, I understand the appeal since we mostly consider our own coupons to be useless even though we're looking for coupons to others.

Please stop coupon begging in here. I will delete subsequent posts asking for coupons. This applies until the coupons expire. This includes begging for a coupon and offering all yours for trade. I won't delete posts giving away coupons, but this isn't really the place for that either.

I think there's a thread out there for trading/gifting coupons. Not sure if they allow begging.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=456133

The warning from a few days ago guys.

1-D_FTW

EDIT: Ugh. And a double post to boot.

*slinks away*

I don't want to backseat mod, just a friendly reminder that Stump told us to stop all the coupon begging/trading in this thread a few pages ago.

Stump should probably clarify this. To be honest, Steam threads are kind of off-topic anyways. Seems like something like this would be more on-topic than most discussion if it was a daily deal. But what do I know. I'm clearly no mod.

Speevy

Banned
Is there an easy way to play Titan Quest with the controller (don't jump on me for asking that question, I play everything with a controller)

1-D_FTW

I would like to try From Dust but I won't be buying into Ubishit. So no thank you.

You'd think Ubi would release a demo for PC. I mean, they did it for the consoles. You'd think a title with such bad pub would want to sell itself.

Of course, there's always the possibility it really does suck that badly. And they know it. Probably should take it as a sign.

mxgt

Banned
The Darkness II demo doesn't launch for me, just creates a crash report file in the folder.

Anyone else have this?

Sanic

It's not, that's just standard "this is not complete" stuff since they aren't going to actually do support for the beta patch on their end. Patch is amazing too, performance gains are fucking absurd.

Nice, but, From the patch notes:

mproved compiler optimization settings (PC)

So, would it be safe to assume that those already using skyboost won't really notice that much of an improvement? Since I assume most, if not all, of the performance gains are coming from this.

Jubbly

Can someone post the direct steam:// install link for the Darkness II demo please? Appears to be geo-blocked on my end.

Thanks!

So I'm trying to get Titan Quest Gold, but when viewing the cart it's giving me this message.
It looks like you have packages which overlap in your cart. You need to remove the redundant packages from your cart before you can checkout.
I imagine this is the sort of thing it should be showing if I tried to buy Titan Quest Gold and the base game simultaneously, but Titan Quest Gold is the only thing in my cart.

EDIT: Logged out, added it to my cart, it did not complain. Then had me log in when I wanted to check out, worked. *shrugs*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom